Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Wait, why the would you do the windmills while on the rail?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I have notice some chicks get really pissy at concerts like they have the right to be on the rail the entire time and if anyone steals their spot then the world will end. At the Nevermore show, any time the crowd happened to push me forward, she would push her ass off the rail into me to push me back. I ended up falling back some because I was so off balance from everyone pushing forward, leaving, and then her pushing backwards.
    Damn bitch did not know anything about concert edicitte. Yeah the shows get rough but no one was pushing her into the rail. The most that happened was someone or me bumped into her then moved and she totally flipped out. I debated on whether or not to tell her that if she goes to a metal show she has to realize shes going to be pushed around at least a little bit because, well, it's a fucking metal show.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010
    Most ignorant shit you've ever said Brian. BMTH Actually plays their instruments too. >_> They climbed while there was a break in the Music because they extended the ending of Chelsea Smile.
    There is a major difference between Unearth's playing style and BMTH's. Unearth's instrumentation is complex while BMTH uses straightforward breakdown riffs.

And I've said much more ignorant things.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Erik, how is ABR a weak PWD? August Burns Red has more technical guitar lines than Parkway Drive. The only thing Parkway Drive has for itself is the constant fuck drops during breakdowns.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "And I've said much more ignorant things."
    I lol'd at that
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

I always windmill at shows....
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer

Even at Slayer?
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010

Usually, windmilling is a trait of death-metal shows.

I'm going to windmill at GY!BE now, thanks Erik.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

Even at Slayer?
    Yes at every show......why?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer

Even at Slayer?
    Yes at every show......why?
    Just askin.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I hate when chicks act like they are entitled to be up front at shows. At Disturbed last year when I told some bitch she couldnt get in front of me she literally said "...but im a girl" to which I responded "I dont give a fuck"
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    Actually eriks review reminded me of a george carlin quote
    If white people can burn down black churches, then black people ought to burn down the house of blues. What a fucking discgrace rhat place is! It should be called the house of lame white mother fuckers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2vCUO82vsY

white people need to learn that their job is to give people the blues not to get them. and certain not to sing or play them ROFL
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited October 2010
    I hate when chicks act like they are entitled to be up front at shows. At Disturbed last year when I told some bitch she couldnt get in front of me she literally said "...but im a girl" to which I responded "I dont give a fuck"
    Is that the show you got in a fight at? <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Worst things to encounter at shows

Females who feel they are entitled to the front.
    Females that are drunk and falling all over the place.
    The first two combined
    + fat chicks
    +old
    Someone so fucked up they don't know where they are and just run into everyone in the crowd
    Scene kids with glorified mullets
    + fat chicks
    People who don't use de-oderant or shower for days before the show

Lastly drunk guys that think they can take on the world until someone has to knock them out to make them
    Understand they are a piece of shit while hatebreed plays defeatist 10 feet away
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Lol....like that one dude whose ass you kicked at Mayhem. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited October 2010
    ^ all those but u forgot hardcore dancers, and anyone trying to push to the front is annoying

and also drunk girls arent that bad cuz there more apt to show some boobies!
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    that reminds me, when i was at the ravens kick off party w buckcherry and flyleaf, this fucking cunt and some one in a wheel chair kept trying to get up front on the rail, and kept bitching to me (and others) that he couldn't see, and he wanted to be up front. Well, if you had gotten up front on the rail at 4pm (and some of us earlier) then thats swell, but they didn't, so tough shit. But they kept yacking and nagging, and calling me an asshole, until security told them that there was nothing he could do. Also, would it really be safe for someone in a wheel chair on the rail when there had been a shit ton of crowd surfers during the previous band
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i dont understand peoples fascination with the rail, it always seems like it ends up being more of a hassle than good. just chill in the pits mosh a little and have a good time instead of getting pushed crowd surfed on and yelled at all show
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    At the BDM show I got stuck behind this dude on the rail. He was not in the least bit interested in Goatwhore, sucks for him right? Well I kept getting pushed into him, so he would do the thing where he pushes back off the rail as hard as he could. Finally I'm like "Dude stop trying to fucking rape me or get off the rail." Basically the same thing happened with this chick the day before. She's like "The song's over, you don't need to keep pushing!" I decide to say, "Yeah because I want to be up your ass, there's an entire crowd pushing behind me, take it up with them." I snaked my way into taking her spot, she was pissed.
    image Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Hardcore dancers don't bother me that much but there is limits to what I will tolerate.

I still check to see if a video pops up on YouTube every once in a while jl

Chew at maiden an older lady and her son tried pushing their way to the front all the people with FTTB wouldn't let her on the rail. The two guys in front of me left so I got their spot on the rail ( I had FTTB as well) she was standing next to me when they left and got sooo mad at me for taking that spot. She kept pinching me and shit I told her look had you been here hours before like we were I'd probably be nice and let you have it but you weren't so fuck off and leave me alone. I wanted to punch her to lol Something similar happened at mayhem 09 during slayer except that lady was elbowing me in the ribs
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!