Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited September 2010
    Just getting back from the Jagermeister Tour with Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax.

I got there at exactly 7:57, just in time for Megadeth. Obviously missed Anthrax, but wasn't too disappointed since I saw them earlier this year, and they weren't anything special anyways. If you haven't seen them, check them out just to say you did though.

Megadeth was defiantly the band the majority of the crowd came to see, and it was made obvious right away. Lights go out, place went apeshit. This was my second time seeing Megadeth. Getting to hear and see "Rust in Peace" in it's entirety was quite special. Dave seemed to be in a very good mood tonight. There was a good bit of interaction between Dave and the crowd throughout. He said "I was telling the guys earlier today that something about this city scares the shit outta me." I found it to be pretty funny. Anyways, the band was flawless. Megadeth by far stole the show. Anytime I have the opportunity to see this band, im taking it. 10/10

Set:

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
    Hangar 18
    Take No Prisoners
    Five Magics
    Poison Was the Cure
    Lucretia
    Tornado of Souls
    Dawn Patrol (Vic appearance)
    Rust in Peace... Polaris
    Trust
    Head Crusher
    A Tout Le Monde
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Peace Sells

There was some annoying guy during intermission emceeing the show that was a complete fucking tool. You just wanted to beat the shit outta him.

Next up was Slayer. A good bit of people left throughout the set, but I decided to stay for the whole thing. This was my fifth time seeing Slayer and probably my favorite. Once again, it was cool getting to see another album played in it's entirety. As for the show, it's still Slayer, and your either gonna be bored out of your mind or love it. Well, I found myself caught in the middle for the most part. Their shows just fucking drag imo. Up till about "Dead Skin Mask'' I was pretty into it. Then they kinda just lost me and the crowd. Everybody woke up for "South of Heaven" and it ended on a good note. 8/10

Set:

World Painted Blood
    Hate Worldwide
    War Ensemble
    Blood Red
    Spirit in Black
    Expendable Youth
    Dead Skin Mask
    Hallowed Point
    Skeletons of Society
    Temptation
    Born of Fire
    Seasons in the Abyss
    South of Heaven
    Raining Blood
    Aggressive Perfector
    Angel of Death

I highly recommend attending the show if comes near you. It's defiantly a good time. Go let some frustration out in a pit.
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Finally someone agrees with me that Megadeth was better.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I agree.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I agree.
    As do I.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    I agree.
    As do I.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    edited September 2010
    due to my cell phone being well a cell phone (and the fog machine was a bitch)
    IWABO
    all i kept thinking was 'god damn that dude has some big ass gauges (cheslea grin singer)
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Damn it why do these people decide to get these big ass gauges?! They usually signal some pretty awful music too.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Damn it why do these people decide to get these big ass gauges?! They usually signal some pretty awful music too.
    yeah it was. I actually saw him walking by outside the venue too. too bad i didn't recoignize him
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    CATTLE DECAPITATION (California Blood Tour)
    The Clubhouse, Tempe, AZ

First of all, this was the emptiest I have ever seen the Clubhouse. I've been to local shows with more of a crowd than this. But it was still a great time. The interview went very well, although I have my work cut out for me with all the f-bombs they dropped...lol. And yes, I asked the cow question.

When I first got there and gave their drummer a call, he brought me back and we did the interview with he and the guitarist. About halfway through, people start talking in the background and yelling. Dave gets fucking pissed and just goes

"Hey, FUCKHEADS... we're trying to do an interview!! Sorry, Alex. Mind if we relocate and restart?"
    "Yeah no problem. Where do you wanna do it?"
    "Lets try out front. Want a ride?"

So I get in the rape van and we head to the front/side of the place, grab their guitarist and so the interview inside the van. In the end, it went very well.

Skipping ahead about 40 or so minutes, I'm hanging at the merch booth for CD (I got a sweet brand new shirt that that has one of their classic gory designs on the front and on the back it says "LET'S MAKE A SACRIFICE"), and Travis Ryan (their vocalist) walks up. He figures out that I'm the interviewer and asks if there's anything he can do for me. So in the end, I got him to sign my Harvest Floor CD and a poster. Fucking chill as hell guy. All of them were.

I'm just going to condense the first two bands into one review. They both sounded like Whitechapel. Which wasn't too bad, actually. inb4nothingthatsoundslikewhitechapelisgood.

Son of Auraleus: Pretty good from what I remember. But I don't remember their sound too well... whatever. 7/10

Burning the Masses: Again, I can't remember too well what they sounded like, but I know it wasn't half bad. 7/10

Knights of the Abyss: Our hometown boys! They were fairly good. They sounded sort of generic, but I'd been wanting to see them for a good while. 7/10

Devourment: Cannibal Corpse Jr. That is all. Straight gutteral vox the whole time. Two years ago, I would have given them a 1/10. But I've since gained a liking for brutal death metal. 8/10

Cattle Decapitation: Very cool to see. They have practically no pattern to their sound and extremely unrecognizable vocals, but for some reason, I really like them. Travis was putting the mic up to my face half the time. Haha. I also got a setlist when all was said and done and got that signed by them too. 8.5/10

Oh, and between Devourment and Cattle Decap, I looked on the ground and saw what looked like a pick... so I picked it up, and holy god... Dan Beeman's signature guitar pick from the Helmet show the previous Thursday! How maintenance/the crowd missed it, I have no idea. But hey sweet!
    I love winning with women
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    edited September 2010
    DESPISED ICON (Final tour)
    September 26 / Nile Theatre, Mesa, AZ

ARISE OH FALLEN: Shitty AILD wannabe band with a crabcore posing guitarist and a dubstep whoring singer. The ninjas came out swinging too. Luckily, I escaped the first half of their set because I was doing the interview with Revocation (which went very well.) Oh, and they started going on about Jesus and how they "live every breath for him." 2/10

Niggger thats my friends band...

lol

Singer is gay though...like literally...lol

drummer is 14, guitarists are 16, Jeremy[singer] is 18...idk who the fuck thier bassist is. haha

ive seen them theyre decent....and it is a christian Band...but whatever. hhahaha

say what you will :) just sayin.

http://www.myspace.com/ariseohfallen

too bad they dont have better recordings...sounds like a garage recording...oh well...

only reason i support it is because, it is my friends band. haha
    lol.

Nobody but Lambesis is allowed to sound like Lambesis. *closes mind*
    erm...im confused?
    He sounded like pre-Shadows Are Security Tim Lambesis.

There is only one Tim Lambesis.

I was displeased.
    Eh Arise oh fallen isnt too bad for only being a band since like...june i think...

But then again theyre my friends band...so ill defend it...lol even though if Jeremy wasnt my nig i wouldnt like em..lol
    He sounded like pre-Shadows Are Security Tim Lambesis.

There is only one Tim Lambesis.

I was displeased.

think of it this way...

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD A QUEER SCREAM LIKE THAT?!

/thread
    ::jayface
    thats right. lol
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Accept / Kings X 9/29/10 Showcase Live Foxboro

Awesome show last night. I ended up going solo.

I got to the venue around 5PM, picked up my tickets and meet and greet passes and walked around Patriot Place for while. First time i was able to walk around and just check things out. Waited back in front of Showcase Live at about 5:45PM to try to sell the extra ticket, which i did for $10. I went into SCL at about 6:10PM, got a seat and had dinner. I got the baked ravioli as my free appetizer and a chicken sandwich as my meal. Overall, pretty good. They need a better selection on their menu. i had groups of people on both sides of me that were all pretty cool.

Kings X came on at 8PM exactly. They played for about 75 minutes and wow, they were a lot better than expected. It was my first time really listening to them. Songs i remember are Over My Head, dogman and Power of Love. I always thought they were an 80's hair band, but they are more like a stoner rock band that combines all sorts of types of music into their sound. Crowd was really into it and the band fed off their energy. 8/10

after Kings X i thought i would try to get as close as i could to the stage, while the Kings X fans were going to their meet and greet. I got a spot on the rail for Accept :). On the right side of me was a group a younger kids with long hair that got a bit wild at times. On my left was a german bald dude that was a vaccuum cleaner for guitar picks. He got like 4 of them.

Accept came on at 9:45PM and played to about 11:20PM. From start to finish an incredible set. New stuff blended excellent with the new stuff, and the new singer sounded great.

Accept's set list:
    Starlight
    Living For Tonight
    Breaker
    Teutonic Terror
    The Abyss
    Restless and Wild
    Son of a Bitch
    Metal Heart
    Neon Nights
    Bulletproof
    No Shelter
    Flash Rocking Man
    Up to the Limit
    Midnight Mover
    Fast as a Shark
    encore:
    Pandemic
    Princess of the Dawn
    Balls to the Wall

i didnt catch any picks or anything. i figured i was meeting them at the meet and greet so why fight over anything. 10/10 - one of the best shows of the year

Meet and greet wasnt as good as i thought it would be. What happened is that people without meet and greet passes waited in a line by the merch table, while we were in a line in the venue waiting for Accept to come out. they spent about 10 minutes with us. I didnt get anything signed, but i got my picture taken with both guitaists, and shook hands with the bassist and the singer. Security made Accept leave our area and go to the merch table, where a huge line was waiting. I decided at this point to call it a night.

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I knew you'd love King's X. Glad to hear they are still as good as I remember.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Kings X did a meet and greet, but i passed to get rail