Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    as i lay dying tour review

decided last minute to skip work and go because i have never seen as i lay dying headline. got there a half hours before doors opened parked next to the busses in the parking lot behind the venue. where interesting stuff happened that is mentioned in the ape got in a discussion with phil thread. when i went to the ticket window to buy tickets they were 25 each and they only had maybe 10 left. so the show had to have sold out it was packed. as soon as doors opened i went straight to the second level with my girl and held our spot for a perfect view.

carnifex

never listened to them before they were nothing special. i like deathcore but there has to be something that stands out to me like maybe how winds of plague does. they played about 20-25 minutes and i was pretty bored. 3/10

Photobucket
    unearth

before they started they shared with us that their old bassist was killed by a drunk driver earlier that day. i think the song was called my heart bleeds no longer that they dedicated to him i could see ken teared up a little when they first started. they had a great set i always love seeing them. i cant remember all the songs from their set but these are the ones i do know. 8/10

my heart bleeds no londer?
    great divide
    sanctity of brothers
    endless
    two from the march i dont know the names
    black hearts now reign
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    all that remains

i am not going to see them again over the years i have seen them 6 times and i have been very disappointed the last few times. thats to the other thread you all know my reason. 4/10
    we are many
    six
    two off overcome
    not alone
    hold on
    this calling
    the air that i breathe
    two weeks
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

as i lay dying

i have been wanting to see them headline for a good 5 years now and never got to so i was happy when i finally got the chance. they did not let me down. i loved the stage set up and the set list they played everything great with a ton of energy and made up for that bullshit all that remains set i had to sit thru. i will definitely go see them again. 9/10

set
    Photobucket
    pics
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I wish AILD would come back headlining a tour that did not feature support such as Underoath....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    are you talking about cool tour? because that would have been worth it with between the buried and me being there
    edited September 2010
    I wish AILD would come back headlining a tour that did not feature support such as Underoath....
    That!

I wanted to see them so bad again too.....oh well, they should come back eventually I hope.
    are you talking about cool tour? because that would have been worth it with between the buried and me being there
    Yes, but AILD's set was shorter than that as well, I believe. It was more of a festival than a tour. I've seen BTBAM headline before too...
    ah. this tour isnt coming near you?
    No, ATR is headlining here in November, but AILD isn't coming here on this leg. :/
    And what sucks about the ATR tour is that they are touring with friggin Asking Alexandria. Hate that band.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Here is my short review of the BlackDiamondSkye show in Chicago on the 16th of September.........

Mastodon opened up and were plagued by sound issues but still managed to get the pits stirred up. Bill Kelliher still looks so disinterested that it's often painful to watch. Troy and Brann were absoloute madmen and Brent Hinds, well....., he was Brent. Solid set featuring cuts from each of their albums. Kind of disappointed that they only got 35 minutes or so but it is what it is.

The Deftones were next and did they ever bring the pain. They played tracks from all of their albums as well, even bringing out a guest vocalist for one song. Not sure who he was but I've seen him before. The pits were off the hook for Deftones. Played about 50 minutes or so and were very very tight. I guess weeks of rehearsals paid off.
    Alice In Chains came out next. They opened up with "When I Die" and the entire place erupted. 7500 or so people singing along with every word. It felt "magical" to be a part of the crowd. They played mostly older material to my surprise and God damn were they incredible. William Duvall is a fantastic front man and brings a little something extra that Layne didn't, he can play guitar. Not trying to compare the two because for me there is no comparison. Layne was the man. Jerry Cantrell was bombarded with "I love yous" after every song and he finally had to acknowledge the crowd telling us that he loved all of us too. I don't see how he can have any doubt about how well the fans will accept this lineup. They played four new tracks and the rest were classics. I LOVED Duvall's version of "Rooster" and "Angry Chair"(my favorite AIC cut). After playing for over an hour the band left the stage but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, left. They came back out and announced they would be paying a fine for playing beyond curfew, much to our delight, and started the encore. Only played two more songs ending the night with "Would". I have to say that it took me a full two days to wipe the smile off my face. This was absolutely the show of the year and maybe even decade for me. In fact I've already purchased two more tickets for their stop in St. Louis on October 1st. If this tour is coming close to you I'd highly recommend you go. No disappointments anywhere for me.
    edited September 2010
    The guest vocalist was Tim McIlrath from Rise Against, so I read....
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    ATR 4/10? Facepalm

They sucked pretty bad last night. But that will happen when you have the majority of the set from overcome and a cd not yet out
    For We Are Many is thrashier than anything on Overcome. <_>
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    $20 says they play something from TDH on their headliner
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    $20 says they play something from TDH on their headliner
    i think what people are saying and are upset about is that they are playing for 45 mins. its more than enough time to fit in ONE song from TDH. it would be different if they only had 30mins but its 45mins
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ATR has seen the dollar signs and will only go forward into the softer side of metal. if you didnt like overcome than you should just give up on atr now cuz there is no way they will go back to the direction of there earlier albums