Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I love the fall of ideals and was happy to get 4 songs off that however I would have gladly traded one of those for 1 song from this darkened heart. It also annoyed me they closed with two weeks
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    They've closed with Two Weeks for a while, as far as I know.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    They need to quit it is a terrible song.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    jay where is your blackdiamondsky review <_>
    Also I caught an as I lay dying pick however non of their picks are marked they were all blank
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    jay where is your blackdiamondsky review <_>
    I know, I know. I have to get up my second STP review as well. Hopefully this weekend. >_<
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    cool lol...i know you is busy with that michigan education and all....but your reviews are beastly
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    Phil Labonte is one of the worst live lead singers I have ever heard...Just saying.
    And he can't take criticism. Maybe it's on account of his being short.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fucking Christ I need to see AILD again. Lately, the more and more I think about it, they're my favorite band next to Behemoth. They never get boring to me. I haven't seen them since No Fear with Lamb Of God last year. Such an epic fucking set. Moshed for my first time ever that night in a GIANT circle pit to The Sound Of Truth. So amazing. I'll never forget it.
    As I lay dying stole the show at no fear for me and they were even better on the headline tour
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    after the AILD set at no fear i couldnt even be down on the floor for LOG i was so exhausted. by far my favorite band
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Despised Icon Farewell Tour - Dallas

Got there as the first of two local bands were playing, nothing special about either one. Typical wannabe slam-core.

Revocation - I came into this show with high hopes for this band after all the great things I've heard about them over the past few months. I can tell you now that they do not disappoint. There were times where I caught myself too mesmerized by the solos to headbang, a really great performance all around by a band that is more than worth checking out. 8.5/10

Misery Index - Ok this band straight up stole the show for me, best band on the tour in my opinion. Can't believe I had never really gotten into this band before because this is one of the most entertaining performances I've ever seen. Funny thing happened at the very beginning of the set, right as the opening riff started all the core-kids started pumping themselves up getting ready to ninja dance. Well of course the music they expected was far from what Misery Index is so when the band started into the first song all the wannabe ninjas just kinda walked away from their "pit" as I just laughed at the situation. Kinda sad not to see any actual mosh pits the entire night but this band alone was worth the price of admission, and even compelled me to buy a shirt of their's. I will for sure go out of my way to see this band again. 9/10

Despised Icon - I'm not going to lie, these guys were quite the let down. It didn't help that the ninjas got super violent during their set, starting no less than 3 fights and causing one guy to get knocked out cold. Lots of stupid ass fans that really ruin the performance as a whole, and it's a shame. Besides the ultra violent dance pit, the band's performance just didn't come off as very entertaining to me. I didn't really care for the whole Canadian wigger thing going on there and they really seem to take themselves too seriously. Oh, and did I mention, they only played 10 damn songs on their farewell tour. WTF. 6/10

Overall a successful show mainly thanks to Revocation and Misery Index, although I really am getting sick of these "hardcore" shows. It's like these kids don't give a shit about how they treat each other at these shows, and it's really getting to be a bit much. It's called being considerate, and a lot of these kids need to learn that even at deathcore shows, you need to watch out for each other. With that being said Katatonia is only about a week away, can't wait to be around their fans. It will definitely make for a much better crowd.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    This Sunday! Can't wait.
    I love winning with women
    Despised icon sucked when I saw them to my problem was not only did they suck but I couldn't understand a damn thing they said. I for one say good riddance
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I really don't care at all about DI. Misery Index and Revocation is where it's at.
    I love winning with women
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Despised icon sucked when I saw them to my problem was not only did they suck but I couldn't understand a damn thing they said. I for one say good riddance
    I'm actually gonna have to agree, their live show was nothing I'd care to see again. I only listen to the Day Of Mourning album anyway...
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Misery Index rulez!