Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i've said it before, sleep is the metal equivalent to elevator music
    If you're retarded.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    sleep is 1000 times better than your stupid little viking pirate phase youre going through......
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited September 2010
    sleep is 1000 times better than your stupid little viking pirate phase youre going through......

lol someones asshurt
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Agreed
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited September 2010
    sleep is great to get stoned and listen to.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    edited September 2010
    sleep is great to listen to.

fixed for the few non stoners on here like myself. haha
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    i can't be the only one who doesn't see the greatness in Sleep right? I dl'ed dopesmoker, and actually fell asleep listening to it, and woke up and it was still fucking goin. Just not my thing i guess. Playing the same parts over and over and over for an hour does not equal talent
    You're not the only one

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Of course Ed wouldn't like it, he doesn't like any bands in this genre...
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    Sleep is good when you want to sleep. LOLCWUTIDIDTHAR
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sleep is great to listen to.

fixed for the few non stoners on here like myself. haha
    ...I thought you smoked??
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Yeah, because I like listening to bands with run on songs.

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm willing to bet you've only listened to Dopesmoker.
    Yeah, because I like listening to bands with run on songs.
    Again, the only album where this can be at all applied is Dopesmoker.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I have to say, I'm very envious of you wine for seeing Sleep.
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2010
    I went to the unite and fight tour with flyleaf featuring story of the year. i took my girl for her bday. got there 30mins early, got a spot right in the front.

story of the year - didnt know too much about theses dudes, i remember seeing them on an mtv video years ago and they seemed to get the crowd into it, but they sucked. i almost fell asleep standing up during their set. i mean they sounded good and shit and theyre good at what they do, they put in alot of effort, just not my style of music. they got the crowd going a lil, but then the crowd died. 2 crowdsurfers the whole set, of course they land on my head, tiny pit with 10 people in it out of like 300-400 people there. i recognized the last song the played, untill the day i die, but i wouldnt pay to see these dudes w/o anyone cool playing with them. 5/10

flyleaf - i thought since SOTY was so boring, i didnt know if flyleaf was gonna wake me up but i burned their 1st album for my girl a few years ago, and i ended up really diggin it. then their 2nd album came out a few months ago and i dug that too, i just didnt know if i would like them live but they fuckin blew me away! they were awesome! loud as shit. i'll start off with the stage presence, it was kind of weird mysterious they didnt look like christians and the bassist had the beard from hell, they looked like a group of people who wouldn't be in a band together, but the guitar players and bassist had soo much energy, and seemed to really enjoy what they do, jumping off speakers and runnin back and forth on the stage spinning and shit. the girl lacey was dancing around and jumping and getting everyone involved. their sound was on point, i thought i was listening to the album almost, i thought the vocals could have been louder at times, but thats it. her voice is really something! i was also thinking b4 for the show (because i knew they were christian) that they would preach jesus and shit the whole time, but nope, she barely talked, in between one song she bought up donating for an organazation that helps kids who were sold for sex slavery, and another she said she loves her sister and talked about how one of the songs was about her and how much she means to her. and she seemed real grateful for everyone who came out to the show(they didnt spit on their fans, like norma "faggot" jean) and the one god thing she said was we love you and god loves you, but whatever, im not gonna dislike them because they believe in god. alot of bands i listen to talk about satanic worship and i dont believe in that stuff. they basically just played, with barely any talk, i saw the setlist they played like 20 songs so thats prolly almost both their albums. but it was a fun night flyleaf was alot better than i expected and i would go see them again anytime. i know alot of people prolly dont like them, but check them out, alot of fun. i would give them 10/10, but in a few songs like i said the vocals were a little low. 9.8/10
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    sweet. You remember if they played "breathe today"
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Story of the Year almost sounded like Hatebreed when they came here in Feb.

I shit you not.
    I love winning with women
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    the one "metal" song by story of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHCoUttdL2U

hell in the liner notes for the album, they went far as saying "i think we wrote a song taht would make Dimebag Darrell proud" i shit you not
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Yeah I'm fairly sure that they played that too.

New page.
    I love winning with women
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Story of the Year almost sounded like Hatebreed when they came here in Feb.

I shit you not.
    blasphemy

hahahahaahhaahahahahahaahahaahhaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahaa, dude.....saying story of the years sounds like hatebreed is like saying dying fetus sounds like justin bieber. hatebreed puts on one of the best live shows ever. they have brootal pits and jasta is one of the most exciting frontman in the business, they kick your ass the whole time they play. story of the queer had the smallest pit i've ever seen, their live show put me to sleep while standing up, and they play pop rock and they sing like the backstreet boys in every song, they werent the worst band ive ever seen, but to compare them to hatebreed is ludicris, you obviously never seen hatebreed before and if you did, you were all the way in the back not paying attention. hatebreed is straight hardcore/metal, and kicks ass everytime ive ever seen them which is prolly over 20 times.

someone told me at the show this was story of the years best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVFtRq81Ku8

this is the song that got me inot hatebreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2i2_MABXNA

if you can name one comparison besides all the members are white, i'll be shocked. i dont mean any disrespect, but that was one of the funniest statements i've ever seen. did you see hatebreed at mayhem?