Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited September 2010
    I want to see Sleep. :(

I still have a review pending, I've been so fucking busy.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    went to despised icon and misey index. got there 10 mins before misery index came on, so i missed all the BS bands!

Misery Index is fucking awesome, ive seen them a few times b4 and they get better every time, i wish they would have played longer, i like how they mix deathmetal/grind with old school punk/hardcore. not the breakdowns dun dun dun... old school shit, its awesome. theyre playing a full set at that place in trenton right near my house in a few weeks, cant wait for that, i would go see these dudes anytime. 9/10

Despised Icon's last show ever. it was pretty much eveything i expected it to be. a brutal deathcore show where you have to protect your face and balls the entire time. its kind of beat because i wanna watch the show, and i got some 300 lb dude with a basketball jersey swinging at my face, but i got to see someone get knocked out cold, i helped cayy him outside. he was out for like 3 mins then woke up and started talking about his grandmom and shit,lol. i went back in and the best park of the night occured! some karate motherfucker was swingin his arms and he caught some dime piece chicks top and pulled her titties straight out "flop, flop" she had a killer rack! but anyway, despised icon was cool, i'm just glade theyre breaking up and not misery index. it was awesome fun taunting them about their montreal canadiens sucking and doing the flyers chants. but if they did a reunion someday, i would go. 7/10 - titties and knockout earned them an extra point!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    electric wizard's dopethrone >>> dopesmoker but i would love to have seen that show....

ps the niners sucked cawk lol
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Should I see Sleep?

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yes
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Do I need to bring a pillow and blanket?

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If by pillow you mean marijuana and by blanket you mean rolling paper then yes.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Matt Pike is the Jesus of stoner metal, and Brian is right, you should get high off your ass and see Sleep someday.

It's a shame today might be their last show ever.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    electric wizard's dopethrone >>> dopesmoker but i would love to have seen that show...
    I disagree, but either way, Holy Mountain > Dopethrone
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    with the kamelot tour canceled while leaves' eyes was already in the states... whats to do? the show must go on and one helluva show it was.

blackguard- my 3rd time seeing them and they have never failed to impress me. incredible energy on stage. paul is an amazing front man who puts everything hes got into every performance whether theres 30 people ( like last night ) or over 300 ( like the epica show). they played a new song which was awesome and they said they should have a new album out early next year. i HIGHLY recommend seeing these guys with Epica this winter 9.75/10

Leaves' Eyes - best way i can describe these guys is Epica but better with Nordic influences. i knew following blackgaurd this band was not going to be up to par so i set my hopes low and i was pleasantly surprised. the vocals were a lil low which sucked but other than that a pretty solid set. the back up singer had hair down past his ass and he kept whirl winding.... i was up against the stage and kept getting whipped by that shit. mildly annoying. 7/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ju46bWVGz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b15yaPYNDRU
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^^yea man, it was dead when i saw blackguard too, prolly like 30-40 people, i thought it was gonna suck, but they had the entire crowd going, it was alot of fun, their just not well known yet, but if they keep putting on performences like that, they'll get popular real quick, i already have BG penciled in to go to in december when they return to trenton! and i didnt even know about them, i saw that night they were playing like 5 mins from my house, so i asked people on this site and everyone said they were alot of fun, and they were! they fucking rule!
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Can't wait to see those guys with Epica. Possible favorite tour of the year for me since I missed Finntroll back in May!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    9.75. lol
    I love winning with women
    i wonder what it wouldve needed to get the extra .25 lol
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited September 2010
    Tits and confetti.
    I love winning with women
    pfft tits and confetti by themselves is better than blackguard lol
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    ^ Woahhhhhhh now...
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    i can't be the only one who doesn't see the greatness in Sleep right? I dl'ed dopesmoker, and actually fell asleep listening to it, and woke up and it was still fucking goin. Just not my thing i guess. Playing the same parts over and over and over for an hour does not equal talent
    i can't be the only one who doesn't see the greatness in Sleep right? I dl'ed dopesmoker, and actually fell asleep listening to it, and woke up and it was still fucking goin. Just not my thing i guess. Playing the same parts over and over and over for an hour does not equal talent
    It's not the same part over and over. That's your first mistake. I think your issue with it is that it doesn't have the defined lead other stoner metal bands like Sabbath do. If you want a more Sabbath sound, go with Holy Mountain or Volume 1. Dopesmoker is one song, so it's to be thought of that way. It's dense, and I don't really expect a lot of people to be into it.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i've said it before, sleep is the metal equivalent to elevator music