Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I wish I could of went to the deftones/rise against show.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Yeah I no longer have interest In seeing rise agaijst
    live. Give it all is an awesome song but I need more early work to get me there
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    They cut a song, messed up a bunch and it was still fucking amazing. Goosebumps just thinking about it. 
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    ... said:
    The fact that Give It All is their only OG song they ever acknowledge is lame as fuck.

What did you think of Thrice?
     They and the opening band sounded okay from the parking lot which is where I was drinking beer while they were playing lol 
    Damn. Thrice are 95% of my reason for even wanting to go lol. I can get down to most Deftones and a couple RA songs, but if Thrice weren't playing I'd probably skip. 
    inb4lists
    mrAPE said:
    Yeah I no longer have interest In seeing rise agaijst
    live. Give it all is an awesome song but I need more early work to get me there
    State Of The Union is legit the perfect opener for them, but Tim hates playing the grittier stuff. Sucks. 
    inb4lists
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ... said:
    Dime said:
    ... said:
    The fact that Give It All is their only OG song they ever acknowledge is lame as fuck.

They and the opening band sounded okay from the parking lot which is where I was drinking beer while they were playing lol 
    Damn. Thrice are 95% of my reason for even wanting to go lol. I can get down to most Deftones and a couple RA songs, but if Thrice weren't playing I'd probably skip. 
     I have nothing against them but I like not paying $13 for a beer more so I opted for buying stuff and drinking in the parking lot lol
    Word. I've never listened to the opener either. 
    inb4lists
    Chino said they were a band from England and this tour is their first U.S. one. Three Hidden Tigers or something like that. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited June 2017
    ... said:

... said:
    State Of The Union is legit the perfect opener for them, but Tim hates playing the grittier stuff. Sucks. 
    These hot takes seem pretty false. Their recent setlists show they're playing 4-6 songs Sirens and earlier on their headlining shows. State of the Union has been played at most of their shows this year. Yeah it would be cool to see more older stuff but acting like they ignore it is pretty disingenuous. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    ... said:

... said:
    These hot takes seem pretty false. Their recent setlists show they're playing 4-6 songs Sirens and earlier on their headlining shows. State of the Union has been played at most of their shows this year. Yeah it would be cool to see more older stuff but acting like they ignore it is pretty disingenuous. 
    Granted, I haven't paid attention to RA in 2017. I just looked, and apparently they did play a couple older tracks on their south american/mexico dates. It's been a good while since they've done so in North America, though. The last 3 times I've seen them, GIA was the only older song. I'm not entirely sure why they would play them outside of the US, but not here. Oh well. I'd go see them if they ever did an anniversary tour for SSOTCC or TSATW, but i doubt they would do that. 
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Deftones closed the show in Detroit tonight, so they seem to be alternating with Rise Against.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Day 1 of Open Air was pretty cool. Sets were pretty generic and short but festival sets sooo. Caught like the last two songs from Falling In Reverse. Man they suck lol anyway 

Anthrax 
           -They were a blast as always. Stupidly short set though. That was super disappointing but they always get ripped off at these things anyway. No less energetic than any time I've seen them though. Only thing that pissed me off was that they used Maiden's NOTB as their intro. They played the entire song then followed it up with Can't Turn You Loose as intro #2. Like, why two intros? Also, I obv. Love Maiden but why play the entire song. Could gotten in another song or two.

Set:
           1.) Caught In A Mosh 
           2.) Got The Time 
           3.) Madhouse 
           4.) Fight Em' Til You Can't 
           5.) Breathing Lightning 
           6.) Anti-Social
           7.) Indians 

Megadeth 
             -I was worried initially because one of the times I've seen them they were boring and the most recent time I saw them (last year) they were on fire. Was concerned which I was gonna get but by song 1 it was evident...these mofos were on goddamn fire again! The spark is def back and it was just face melting watching them shred. They also got like an amazing crowd reaction and Mustaine refrained from being a douce the entire set =)) they stuck to a mostly heavier set which I really really loved. 

Set:
           1.) Hangar 18
           2.) The Threat Is Real 
           3.) Sweating Bullets 
           4.) She-Wolf 
           5.) The Mechanix 
           6.) Tornado Of Souls 
           7.) Dystopia 
           8.) Peace Sells 
           9.) Symphony Of Destruction 
           10.) Holy Wars 

Meshuggah 
                 -
    Dear Fuck!!! These guys were so goddamn heavy I felt like I was Goku training in 100g gravity (probably the dorkiest thing ever said when referencing Meshuggah lol). They were amazing. They pretty much stole the show for me. 

Set:
             1.) Clockworks 
             2.) Born In Dissonance
             3.) Do Not Look Down 
             4.) The Hurt That Finds You First 
             5.) Violent Sleep Of Reason 
             6.) Bleed 
             7.) Demiurge

Rob Zombie 
                  -
    Last performance of the night. Now, I haven't seen him as much as some people on this board have. I'm not fatigued with him. Saw Zombie once back on Mayhem 2010 and I gotta be honest he was a complete and total fucking blast last night. Visuals were spectacular, he excelled at engaging with the crowd and it was just a fun fun energy the entire time. 

Set:
               1.) Dead City Radio 
               2.) Superbeast 
              3.) We All Get High 
              4.) Living Dead Girl 
              5.) Everybody's Fucking In A U.F.O.
              6.) More Human Than Human 
              7.) Never Gonna Stop 
              8.) Gore Whore 
              9.) House Of 1,000 Corpses 
             10.) Guitar Solo 
             11.) Thunderkiss 65/Blitzkrieg Bop/School's                   Out
             12.) Dragula 

Overall, I really enjoyed myself for Day 1. Usually, I'm inclined to give Anthrax the top praise if they're on a bill because I'm biased towards how much I love their live shows lol but honestly they are in last place! Meshuggah was my favorite. They were just so fucking heavy and awesome live. Loved it. Throw in a fun as fuck performance by Zombie and a energized and heavy Megadeth set and it was a great day overall. On to Day 2! First band I will be seeing is Pig Destroyer \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited July 2017
    Did you see Whitney Moore?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I saw her at Heavy Grass but it was after the thing was closed. She waved to me though lol 
    You didn't stay for Ozzy? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Whitney Moore might be the perfect woman
    mrAPE said:
    You didn't stay for Ozzy? 
    Ozzy is Sunday brother. I ditched out on Kiss because I refuse to give Gene Simmons even an ounce of my attention lol 
    Sorry for the mixup 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    I saw her at Heavy Grass but it was after the thing was closed. She waved to me though lol 
    Ive had a crush on her since I saw Birdemic years ago
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?