Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    It's been the same set since 09 =))
    Sorry I meant 07

Pretty sure in 07 he was doing never gonna stop and road to nowhere.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Tru doe. I caught that tour. First and only time zombie was alright. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    It's been the same set since 09 =))

And your mum has been doing that funky little thing with her tongue as she gobbles me since 09 as well but it still gives me a boner 

Your point is?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'd like to see Ozzy replace some Sabbath songs with some more solo songs but I doubt it'll happen at this point.
     I agree. I mean, I love Sabbath and I think Paranoid is fine where it's at, but he should cut the other 3 and the drum solo. The drum solo was literally the same one from the Sabbath tour =)) I was really hoping to hear Perry Mason or I Just Want You. Two of my favorite Ozzy songs. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Iron Maiden show review
    Mansfield MA July 19 2017

it was good
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Warped tour. 

Futuristc - first time I have ever watched a rapper live. Hated it. The shit is lame 

candiria - was alright I dug it for an early set

The ataris - watched while waiting for cky meh

CKY - aside from the one song everyone knows and dudes Ween shirt, it was pretty meh 

the acacia strain - never been a fan but I enjoyed watching this set. Vincent is an entertaining frontman

hawthorn heights - went to watch them play that one emo song everyone knows. 

Fire From the gods - they alright

I Prevail - we watched as we waiting for anti flag. They played their version of heavier songs for the set. Didn't really care don't have an opinion but a lot of people really enjoyed them.

anti flag - it's been 10 years and oo how I have missed this band. Loved every minute of it. They need to come around more often. They were also selling a shirt of Putin breastfeeding baby Trump. Should have bought it. 

Alestorm - I was sad by the small crowd for them. People really missed out their set was great. The only thing I drank other than water today was a beer during their set. I don't drink at shows but this felt right. I really hope I get to see them again.

Hatebreed - always a favorite of mine I don't have to say anything else. They had the longest amount of time today it seemed. 

Atilla - I caught the last two songs while walking up to Municipal waste. They seemed just as dumb and fun as at ROTR.

Municipal Waste - is gonna fuck you up, small crowd but they brought it. He kept making fun of Atilla and fronz and their fans he essentially shooed the Atilla fans out of the pavilion so that the real metal could start. 

Carnifex - watched from a distance I enjoy their more death metal sound to their suicide silence copy cat stuff. 

Stick to your guns - very energetic and fun. 

Beartooth - watched the first two songs then left. I love body bag. They had a huge crowd that I didn't want to deal with. 

Adolescents - love some of the older punk on this tour and was sad I had to skip suicide machines because they were on at the same time as gwar. I enjoyed the 4 songs I heard but I missed amoeba and that made me sad

GWAR - first time seeing them, made sure it was front row. Loved every minute of the blood bath. 

Today was was a very hot day with a lot of walking but it was great. This was probably the best Warped Tour I had attended. The lineup is so good to me I wish I had planed on seeing two dates of it so I could take things a little slower and enjoy it that much more. If you go to one of the dates still to come take a water bottle they have free refill stations and let you keep your cap. The water bottle and draw string bag saved me today. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Futuristic is aight. I've only seen a couple rappers live and it's been hit or miss. Hatebreed \m/ need to see them again asap. Them and MW were the only reason I wanted to go
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Ape listens to Ween?
    I listen to everything except for modern country 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    You dont listen to black metal you fucking liar
    Hmm. Maybe not your definition of black metal but I enjoy Erimha, Behemoth, enslaved, 1349. I just don't dive into it and actively look or new bands. 
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    @mrAPE did Gwar ejaculate or chunder on you?
    Yes 
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2017
    Warped Tour - Dallas TX - 7/28/2017

Stick To Your Guns - Hadn't seen these guys in awhile, but this may have been my favorite performance from them. Their singer was on point with both sound and stage presence, as you could see the sweat build up on his shirt more and more as the set went on. Overall a solid hardcore act that was a great way to start the show.

After The Burial - Immediately after STYG came this djent-y outfit. I gotta say, I don't think I've heard a cleaner sound from a band playing outdoors, it was fucking smooth. They're only down to one original member now (their lead guitar player) but it's still a solid lineup of guys that play with a ton of technical precision for a metalcore band. I enjoyed their set a ton and the crowd went fucking nuts for them so they still seem to have a solid fanbase. Can't wait to see them again.

Bad Cop/Bad Cop - Sat way back for like 3 songs. Sounded like standard rock, was ok.

Barb Wire Dolls - Watched them while waiting for MW. They were fine, but again, nothing special. Kind of a goth-alt-rock thing going on.

Municipal Waste - One of the bands I was here to see. Got front row to watch and god damn did they put on a show. They also had a halfway decent crowd which I was happy to see a more 'traditional' metal band pull at Warped. I also forget how funny their singer is, dude had me cracking up in between every song. But yeah, the performance was awesome, and they played most of their well known songs (no Sadistic Magician though...) so that made me happy. Ended up buying a shirt from them too. So yeah check them out if you haven't, great thrash metal band. 

Hundredth - Watched them from afar while waiting for Candiria. They were boring af. At the end of the set the singer mentioned that they were only playing songs off their latest record, which has basically turned this once hardcore act into a quasi indie-shoegaze group. I'd be pissed if I had been a long time fan, jesus. 

Candiria - Used to listen to these guys years ago, and damn to I need to start again. I forgot how different this band was, they have a crazy mix of like metal/hardcore/mathrock/jazz, I don't even really know how to explain their sound. They didn't have much of a crowd but they seemed to enjoy themselves on stage, even with the heat obviously getting to them. The sound was really good too even while I stood in the front row. I'd recommend these guys sometime for sure. Also caught a pick. 

Hatebreed - Awwwwww shit son. I don't know if there is anything I can say about this band that you don't already know. Fucking awesome show, although it's damn near criminal they only had 30 minutes, but hey that's Warped Tour. They played all the hits including Perseverance, Destroy Everything, I Will Be Heard, etc which had everyone bouncing around in the crowd. Jasta even got a hold of a water cannon and seemed to have too much fun spraying down the entire crowd. The guy is so much fun to watch cause it seems as if he's having the time of his life at every show. I've seen this band a ton of times now and I will still always go out of my way to see them whenever I get the chance. 

War On Women - So thanks to FF, I figured I'd check them out. Like Satan had said earlier, they were pretty standard hardcore punk, nothing great but not bad either. I don't really get what FF sees in them. Their music is fine and all, and had me into a couple of their songs, but even for me the lyrics come off as a little heavy handed. Like it wouldn't kill them to throw a few more metaphors in there instead of just straight up screaming about how many abortions you had. Anyway, fine band overall, and +1 cause MC would fucking kill himself if he ever saw them (if he hasn't already). 

Valient Thorr - Ok so at this point I'm getting a little tired, so I ended up sitting down during about half of their set (they played on the big amphitheatre stage). I gotta say though, even with the small crowd, this band was nuts. They play this more standard hard rock n roll music and the singer is just all over the place during each song. I ended up enjoying it so much I got up and went to the front of the crowd to watch. Glad I checked them out. 

Adolescents - They are anything but nowadays, but that doesn't mean they've lost it. These dudes still rocked the place with their brand of punk rock which got the small crowd of die-hard punks moving. I thoroughly enjoyed their set and will definitely be checking them out more. I'm not usually one for punk, but these guys had a great sound. Side note, their bass player looks exactly like Squidward after eating too many krabby patties. I've never seen a more disproportionately shaped human being. Dude was still awesome tho. 

Alestorm - This was my #1 band of the day. Before their set I instantly bought like 4 Natty Lights (they sell them for $4 a piece, score!) and downed most of them right before they came on. They opened the set with Keelhauled and I lost my damn mind. I sang almost every word and might've pissed a couple people off as I slung my beer around during the "Yo-Ho-Ho" line in the song. givzafuk tho. The setlist was awesome, with "Mexico"  and "Fucked With An Anchor" from the latest album and an assortment of other hits from the previous albums. The whole band gets into the performance, but the singer is the main attraction with his keytar and kilt, drinking the whole set. I will always see this group when they are in town as their show just doesn't get old to me. Also, caught a pick from them too, sweet. 

CKY - Blast from my middle school past. The band is still mostly intact, but holy shit do they need to find a god damn singer that at least sounds remotely like the first guy. The instrumentals are on point, and these dues sounded great, but their guitar player Chad Ginsburg has now taken over lead vocal duty ever since Deron Miller left, and while he's an ok singer, his voice just sounds nothing like Miller's, and it almost sounds as if they are covering themselves. Seriously, just look on youtube or something to find someone that can sing their songs a little more accurately, it can't be that hard, right? Anyway, this band is still fun to watch and listen to, and they again threw a GG Allin cover in their set, which I appreciated. They are still worth seeing nowadays, as like I said they play great, but just don't expect the vocals to sound the same. Also, caught 2 picks from them. 

GWAR - I almost thought about going home after CKY and god damn am I happy I didn't. It doesn't matter whether you listen to them or not, GWAR always put on a fucking fun performance. I actually did like the tunes they were playing too, which is a plus. But we all know the main attraction is getting sprayed with fake blood the entire set. Hell, even as I write this I have fake Donald Trump blood covering my shirt. The crowd was huge for them and went crazy their entire set. We got sprayed with shit the entire 30 minutes and the band sounded pretty damn good too. I like their current singer as well, dude can actually hit some decent notes. There really couldn't be a better way to end the day than with the almighty GWAR, and if you haven't seen them yet than I suggest doing so ASAP. 

Overall, this was easily the best Warped Tour I've attended. I saw a ton of great bands that they don't normally put on this tour, and came away wanting to listen to a few that I haven't before. Couldn't have had a better time!

Also.........eat your heart out, Ape.

No automatic alt text available
    Post edited by That_Guy_Arlo on
    I'm jealous of cky and candiria. I have the same alestorm though 
  • GazzaGazza Posts: 145 salt miner
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I got the same Alestorm pick too and a Municipal Waste pick from Landphil. Barely missed out on a Hatebreed one. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I got the same Alestorm pick too and a Municipal Waste pick from Landphil. Barely missed out on a Hatebreed one. 
    Those MW picks looked sweet, wish I could've gotten one. Hatebreed would've been cool too but I'm not about to get close enough during their set lol