Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    Sadly can never experience that. I've asked so many times, but my Dad is too much of a religious nutcase to go smh it hurts, ya know? I've been to a concert with at least one parent from everyone in my crew and it was a blast. Would've loved to experience Maiden or Sabbath or something with my Dad. 
    Would he go see Abu Yaseer with you?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I was like slap and saw every show with my dad until about 2012. Once I was able to drive out started going to more hy myself. I've seen the killers with my mom two out of three times and she's going with me this summer again. 
    image Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    My dad took me to some shows when I was younger, including Joan Jett and Metallica, but we didn't get along for several years. I had expensive tickets to see Primus and Helmet with my girlfriend, but I broke up with her about a week before the show. I couldn't find anyone to take the ticket, so I kinda talked him into going with me. I told him Primus were my generation's Frank Zappa, who he likes a lot. He had a blast. The next year, I got stuck in a similar situation where I had Tool tickets in North Carolina and my ride bailed. My dad helped out and drove me up to Charlotte even though he didn't know their music at the time. He had a blast again. After that, for several years, we would go to at least one show a year together. I saw Metallica a couple of times with him, Primus again, a couple more Tool shows, every Ozzfest from '97-2000. In a lot of ways, it repaired our relationship. I ended up having a couple of really awesome experiences with him. One was a Primus show I ended up working crew for. I made friends with their tour manager and ended up getting my dad and brother backstage to meet the band. My brother still has the setlist. The other was when we went and saw a band called Echobrain, which was Jason Newsted's first tour after leaving Metallica. It was at a tiny venue called the Cotton Club and when we left, we ended up being parked right next to the tour bus. Ended up talking to Newsted for like 30 minutes. It was awesome. My dad still brags about it to his friends lol
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Champ said:
     My dad threw his hands up to cheer and tumbled over the seats in front of us into the next row =))

The guy at tool =)))
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I like Torche's more recent albums and they're fun live, but man if you get them instead of Mutoid Man opening for Kvelertak on this tour, you're getting the short end of the stick. Mutoid Man put on one of the best sets I've seen this year.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    restarter doesnt top harmonicraft and their sound is old to me now but I def dont think they suck.
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I prefer Harmonicraft as well, though I don't think I've given Restarter enough spins either. Mutoid Man just does what Torche does and cranks it up to 11. They blew me away.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    yeah Mutoid Man is like 100% riffs. i wanna see em 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I wasn't too stoked about the sound but the show was still great. I haven't listened to any Mutoid Man but I have a feeling it'd be another classic moment where you really start digging a band after seeing them. 
    image Photobucket
    I'd see Mutoid Man 10/10 over shitty boring Torche
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited May 2016
    Just got back from night 1 of the LOG/Clutch/COC tour. Show was awesome! I only caught pieces of Corrosions set cause I was in the lobby catching up with a few people. But everybody was on point. Just a great, all around fun show. 

LOG's set: (10:00-11:30)

Desolation
    Ghost Walking
    Walk With Me In Hell
    Ruin
    Still Echos
    Now You've Got Something to Die For
    Descending
    The Faded Line
    Set to Fail
    Blacken the Cursed Sun
    Erase This
    Hourglass
    Vigil
    Laid to Rest
    Redneck

Clutch: (9:00-9:50)

X-Ray Visions
    Firebirds
    Burning Beard
    Crucial Velocity
    Book, Saddle & Go
    Sucker for the Witch
    Son of Virginia
    DC Sound Attack
    Quick Death in Texas
    MOB Goes Wild

COC: (8:20-8:50)

?
    ?
    Broken Man
    Vote With A Bullet
    Albatross
    Clean My Wounds
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NOLA said:

LOG's set: (10:00-11:30)

Desolation
    Ghost Walking
    Walk With Me In Hell
    Ruin
    Still Echos
    Now You've Got Something to Die For
    Descending
    The Faded Line
    Set to Fail
    Blacken the Cursed Sun
    Erase This
    Hourglass
    Vigil
    Laid to Rest
    Redneck

Wow that almost doesn't suck
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Fuckin' pissed I'm gonna be missing Descending. Plus blacken and faded line again
    Switch Redneck with Palaces and I'd go