Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah there are some bands I hate I've seen a stupid amount of times. I've seen Asking Alexendria 3 fucking times. Those assholes are always jammed before someone I like and I'm usually in the Pit or trying to cop rail so there's no escape. I've seen Avenged and Shinedown two times more a piece then I would care to lol 3 each. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    yeah iv seen mastodon 4 or 5 fucking times its gay
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Buckcherry is my worst in that department. Like 08-10 I saw them four or five times. Downtown Brown I've lost count because they were kind of local and I was almost always drunk when I saw them but it's at least a dozen. Tame Impala and Skeletonwitch are both at six for me I believe. 
    image Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I apparently need to go to more shows
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I've seen Incubus about a dozen times and most were on package tours or festivals
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Buckcherry is my worst in that department. Like 08-10 I saw them four or five times. Downtown Brown I've lost count because they were kind of local and I was almost always drunk when I saw them but it's at least a dozen. Tame Impala and Skeletonwitch are both at six for me I believe. 
    Yeah i dont even count locals. I've seen Speedwolf over a dozen times anywhere from festivals to some dudes basement. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    This was my fifth Slayer show, which ties my five Korn shows. Those are my most. I have like 15 other bands tied at 3 which is the second closest. 
    Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't seen bands 10+ times.

Most for me is tied between Slayer and Lamb of God at 4 each.
    Yeah I've only really been going to shows for  4 years. Anything before that was a gift from someone or whatever little cash I could scrape together while I was unemployed. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ive seen Dying Fetus 4 times. They're always good support but Ive never gone just for Dying Fetus. Do they even do headlining tours?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    They headlined a festival here like 2 years ago. Only time i've seen them headline
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Seen Animals As Leaders 8 times, i believe. Never specifically *for* the, though. 
    inb4lists
    Just got back from Megadeth. I had such a blast. I needed a really good show and this was just outstanding. Adler and Kiko sounded amazing with Elefson and Mustaine. Everything was spot on, sound was alot better than the last time I saw them. I couldn't even really complain about the set because I liked alot of Dystopia and it sounded flawless live. 

Havok
              -
    Knew almost nothing about this band going in but Jake told me to look out for them so I made sure to catch them and I am so fucking happy I did. Their performance was awesome and full of energy. Would definitely go see them on a solo show. Good lookin' man @LEGEND

Set 
         1. Point Of No Return
         2. No Amnesty.
         3. Claiming Certainty
         4. From the Cradle to the Grave
         5. Give Me Liberty....Or Give Me Death  

Children Of Bodom
                               -
    0. Merch/beer run during them. 

Suicidal Tendencies
                                -Almost perfect. They sounded outstanding live and were just so much fun to watch and experience (this was my first time for them). The only thing I disliked was the fact that they didn't play Institutionalized. I've never seen an audience collectively give a band the :| face so hard lol. Would love to see them head line soon. 

Set
          1. You Can't Bring Me Down
          2. Subliminal 
          3. Trip the Brain 
          4. War Inside My Head
          5. Cyco Vision 
          6. I Saw Your Mommy 
          7. Pledge Your Allegiance 

Megadeth 
                 -
    To label their performance as anything other than fantastic is a disservice to this band. They were amazing, much better than the last couple of times I saw them. Mustaine looked alive and full of energy again. The entire band was on point. Especially Ellefson and Adler. Holy shit and fucking Kiko, man. That guy can shred. I did alot of bitching about the set pre-show but I still loved every second they were on stage. The Dystopia materiel sounded flawless live. Holy shit was it great. I didn't really dig Fatal Illusion until I heard it live tonight. Still wish they would have played some KIB stuff, but with the exception of She-Wolf, I loved or liked everything else. And hearing Tornado of Souls live was just something else. Fucking face melter. This show really renewed my fondness for Megadeth live. 

Set
         1. Hangar 18
         2. The Threat Is Real 
         3. Wake Up Dead
         4. In My Darkest Hour
         5. Dawn Patrol 
         6. Poison Was The Cure
         7. A Tout Le Monde 
         8. She-Wolf 
         9. Dystopia 
         10. Sweating Bullets 
         11. Fatal Illusion
         12. Trust 
         13. Tornado Of Souls 
         14. Poisonous Shadows
         15. Symphony Of Destruction
         16. Peace Sells
         17. Holy Wars 

@MetalCrusades
    @JLRedWing13

edited March 2016
    nvm, good lookings mayne
    edited March 2016
    jesus if they don't play tornado of souls in boston next monday finna kms
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    They dropped Kingmaker and put Tornado of Souls back in. Good job Dave. Good to hear that they seem refreshed with the lineup change, they seemed really flat when I saw them last time a few years ago. Looking forward to seeing them again.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Thats why I was so skeptical. The last time I saw them, they seemed out of it and lazy. But man they were on fire for this show. 110% energy and attitude. I loved every second. 
    I was kinda worried that Cryptopsy were gonna suck, cause it's only one original member. But they fucking killed it.

inb4lists
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Wow, amazing review
    I didnt realize i had to include a short story for me to be allowed to talk about it in this thread. But thank you for the everlasting head you continue to stick with, i just wish it would've gotten a little better by now. 
    inb4lists