Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    the haunted \m/ even though they suck now \\\\\\\\\\\\\mmmmmmmmmm////////
    I love winning with women
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Devourment sounded like pure guttural ass at MDF
    inb4lists
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I was looking forward to their set, but they literally sounded like nothing but random noise. And not even good noise, just whatever. 
    inb4lists
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Late af but Slayer/Testament/Carcass was amazing. Every band slayed (no pun intended). Sabbath was the coolest show all year (so far) but this was def the funnest

Carcass
                -Absolute perfection live. This was my second time seeing them and it was much better than the first because I knew them alot better this time around. They were the perfect opener for this tour, kicked things off to a great start. 

Set
         1. Unfit For Human Consumption
         2. Buried Dreams
         3. Incarnated Solvent Abuse
         4. Noncompliance
         5. Captive Bolt Pistol
         6. Corporal Jigsore Quandary
         7. Heartwork  

Testament
           -Admittedly, I don't know them too well, although there are a handful of songs I like. I have to say, they are definitely talented musicians that know how to keep an audience entertained. Chuck is so fucking bad ass, really good pits as well. Right before they went on, my buddy asked what I wanted to hear and I said "I'd really like to hear Dog Faced Gods." So it kind of tweaked me out when, right before they played it, Chuck said "We dug this one out specifically for you, here's Dog Faced Gods." =)

Set
         1. D.N.R.
         2. Legions Of the Dead
         3. Rise Up
         4. Dog Faced Gods
         5. New Order
         6. Disciples Of the Watch
         7. Into the Pit
         8. Formation Of Damnation. 

Slayer
          -
    I will never skip these guys. Ever. This was my 5th time seeing Slayer and every time I walk out completely satisfied. They just put 100% effort and rule that stage every time they play. Really liked the stuff from the new album and a couple of them sounded better live than on the album. They played some stuff I haven't seen and some stuff I haven't seen in a while. Fucking terrific set list. Only song I could have done without was Implode. Long live. 

Set
         1. Repentless
         2. Die By the Sword
         3. Necrophiliac 
         4. Disciple
         5. God Send Death
         6. War Ensemble
         7. When the Stillness Comes
         8. You Against You
         9. Mandatory Suicide
         10. Chemical Warfare
         11. Hate Worldwide
         12. Postmortem
         13. Vices
         14. Implode
         15. Black Magic
         16. Seasons In the Abyss
         17. Hell Awaits
         18. Dead Skin Mask
         19. Hallowed Point
         20. South Of Heaven
         21. Raining Blood
         22. Angel Of Death  
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Jag went to that show and said it sucked :-?

Wonder what he didn't like about it.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    He said Carcass and Testament sets were too short and Slayer played too much new stuff. I haven't bothered to listen to Repentless but none of the singles have been anything great. Skolnick couldn't make it for Testament either, Glen Drover is filling in until Skolnick joins the tour this week.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    It was nice to see Slayer doing a full two hour set but yes for bands of their caliber, Carcass and Testament should have gotten a bit more time. Carcass was like 25 mins and Testament was like 35. As for too much new stuff, they played 22 songs and 5 were from the new album :| thats not much considering this is the Repentless tour lol Repentless and You Against You were bad fucking ass live. >>>> than album versions. When the Stillness Comes and Vices were decent. Implode could have been left out though. Song was released almost two years before the new album anyway and is not that great. 
    And yeah, Drover filled in. Idk man it was a really killer show. I would recommend going. Highly recommend it. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited February 2016
    I've heard Repentless, When the Stillness Comes, and Implode. All pretty bland both in studio and live. That said I'd be going to this if there were a Michigan date regardless. I thought Testament was going to show off a new song on this tour but I guess not.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    You Against You is better than Stillness and Implod. Prob even with Repentless
    They're in Nashville tonight. I'm skipping because tickets are too much
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah I've seen both Slayer over a dozen times and Testament at least 7 or 8. Unless tickets are cheap i'd pass.
    I'm just going to keep going to Slayer until I become dissatisfied. No signs of slowing down yet lol 
    I've seen Slayer three times, Testament twice, and Carcass once.

Band I've seen the most is Battlecross at four times
    This was my fifth Slayer show, which ties my five Korn shows. Those are my most. I have like 15 other bands tied at 3 which is the second closest. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Between being on almost every festival tour and them being one of the few headling bands that will play in Green Bay, I've probably seen Disturbed more than any other band, probably damn near a dozen times or more, and almost never on purpose. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I've seen Disturbed more times than i care to admit. In fact other than Slayer my most seen bands list is fucking embarassing. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Some bands are just always on tour. I swear it seemed like you could go to 3 Ozzfests and somehow see BLS 7 times and Hatebreed 5 lol.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Bands I've seen most are Dispirit at 12, Mastodon at 8, and deafheaven at 7.