Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Boomhauer said:
    Way TL. Definitely not gonna R.
    Was gonna be my post. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    He cares a negative amount. 
    That's a greater than sign buck 
    I think he's just referring to giving zero 

> 0
    > ky 
    But maybe I am too stoned for math 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well, I knocked that out in about five minutes. Rex dude you are a really solid writer (auto correct helps a fuck ton as well). I mean it. You strung the story together beautifully and it wasn't difficult to get through. I like how you linked every time you've seen them and I especially dig the perspective you put seeing them now and how you connected that to past experiences. Really good job dude. You earned my two awesomes
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    But for fucks sake next time capitalize the name of all the songs lol that drove me crazy. 
    Definitely wrote that on the tool forum lol
    Yeah I meant to capitalize the songs lol. I wrote it up while I was working so it was just a rough draft. 
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    At The Gates - 2/13/2016 - Dallas, TX

_____________________________________________________________________________

Got to the venue bout half an hour early. Met a friend and some dude she was with at the venue. I had an extra ticket so I gave it to the guy since he didn't have one, and he bought me a beer in return. Score. I get to talking with this guy about music, work, etc and he seems like a really cool dude. At one point in the convo he makes some casual mention about playing Maryland Deathfest last year which caught me by surprise, so I ask him what band he plays for. Turns out I had just been shooting the shit with the bass player from Devourment. Pretty sweet. Listen to them if you haven't already, brutal stuff.

Harm's Way - I don't know why they were put on the bill, cause they were so out of place. The "pit" had 2 hardcore dancers and the lead singer looked like the twin of John Cena. The music wasn't bad though, good hardcore tunes with some sweet riffs. I'd check them out again. 6.5/10

The Haunted - My personal favorite band of the night after leaving this show. The band was heavy as shit and their mix was on point. Loved the guitar work and the singer was good at getting the crowd involved. Would have loved for them to play longer because every song had me wanting more from them. Oh, also caught a pick, #swag. 9/10

Decapitated - Much more melodic than I realized for a death metal band. Their tunes were pretty groovy and the crowd was definitely much more into them than the previous groups. The vocals were a little lost in the mix at the beginning of the set but they seemed to get it fixed about halfway through. They may only have one original member left but they came together to put on a hell of a show. 7.5/10

At The Gates - I've been wanting to see this band for quite awhile, even though I'm not as familiar with their songs as I should be. I can't believe these guys have been around for 25+ years because they sound fantastic live. Not a whole lot to be said about this band that I'm sure hasn't been said already. Just an all around solid set. I just wish I knew more of their stuff before seeing them in person. 8.5/10
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    ATG have been taking out a lot of hardcore bands, or just bands that fit into the scene in general. They had Code Orange out in europe last year. Thomas also did a guest spot on a Maruta song, which granted they're more grindcore, but yeah.

Harms Way are leaning on the metal side, though, compared to most hardcore bands. At the orlando date i noticed them each wearing Type O, Unleashed and Napalm Death shirts. 
    inb4lists
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Damn, I'd have killed to see Code Orange, that band absolutely slays. 

But yeah, I mean I don't mind it, cause I still liked them, just thought it was odd cause I always thought that Europeans were more strict when it came to having the same types of bands together on a tour. Cool to hear that ATG has been doing that though, I tend to prefer eclectic line-ups. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Devourment \m/