Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    7th time seeing them and it was the best the venue was absolutely perfect for them \m/
    Shit was cray cray bodies literally flying everywhere i remember just running around in the pit with some chick on some dudes shoulders running around and then you got 2 crowd surfers trying to surf over the pit holy fuck. Energy was absolutely ridiculous. We were so close to the band holy fuck you could feel the energy
    Inb4laxdisagree
    My dick needs a break once in awhile, shit.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Yeah im curious as to how big the place is I'm seeing them :-?
    The first time I saw them the floor was like that but it was a huge floor...jay, dayna, and brad were there Im pretty sure
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    If you're talking about 2009 at the Fillmore, you'd be right.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Fuck i shoulda taken my phone and got some pics
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

If you're talking about 2009 at the Fillmore, you'd be right.

I was there also haha
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Kse whatever the cd is called tour.

I won tickets and the new cd through the venue last week. Hadn't planned on going but it was free so I went.

Affiance- some kind of metalcore band that I didn't care for much. Was kind of nice to see a heavier dose of clean vocals than screams. All I could think about during their set though was if the band name somehow related to captain america because that's what the banner reminded me of.

The word alive - was not looking forward to them but when they came out I remembered I enjoyed their set at warped tour in 2010. The highlight was the 94 hours cover. From that song on the rest of the night the crowd was moving.

Darkest hour - is the shit always have been and will be to me. I got a little crazy during the sadist nation.

Miss may I - never have been a fan but ill say hey mister and ballad of a broken man are decent songs. I got tired of how many times levi said they played basements and small bars around cincy. That's cool I know and I don't care. I stood at the back of the venue the whole set and just watched the crowd and listened. Still not a fan but they are better than the devil wears prada.

Kse- finally came on at about 10:30. I was upfront when they started, moved back to the pit, to the edge of the pit, and back by the barrier for the last two songs. Now that the excitement of jesse being back is starting to wear down he is still much better than any of the 5-6 times I saw howard. The crowd also has been much more intense the last two times I have seen them. I enjoyed the set but expected to not be as entertained as I should. New songs were good live but I had seen probably the best possible show they could put on at the ten year anniversary tour. So I just wasn't into it as much this time.

caught two kse picks and a word alive drumstick that just landed in my hand. I photobombed a group of girls when they noticed in the picture they had a good laugh but then one of them found me on facebook :-SS
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Pretty pumped for my show in a few weeks. Other than Alice Cooper that is my next show \m/
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Oo and I liked the backdrop kse was using but they also had some annoying ass lighting at times
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I'll have a full review later but the Lamb of God show kicked all sorts of ass.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    deafheaven/marriages
    6/19/13

sleep money - caught part of the set, but if this is the band that Im thinking of, holy shit it was dumb. sounded like wasted marilyn manson doing youth lagoon covers. 1/10

marriages - great set from an awesome band that I hadn't listened to prior to this show. 8/10

deafheaven - the set was a little short to my liking but they brought it. not sure what the gloves thing was all about from george but to each his own. crowd was pretty blazed too. spoke with george and kerry afterward. asked kerry where in the bay area is good for someone looking to move in after college. he said oakland isnt that bad anymore... which I wouldnt really truly know since I havent been there in over four years. both very engaging and appreciative guys. 9/10

set:

dream house
    the pecan tree
    unrequited
    sunbather
    I love winning with women
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I also find this funny...

the person who reviewed the show for PhoenixNewTimes caught the same story on the TV at the bar that I did.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2013/06/deafheaven-marriages-tour-review.php?page=2

and her photo

picked up almost exactly where mine left off (see marquee at the bottom)

also in this photo, harsh lighting bartender
    I love winning with women
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I'm down with that set, even thought that's pretty much what I got when I saw them opening for Boris if you switch The Pecan Tree with Violet.