Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "WARMOTHERFUCKINGBRINGER"

I can't tell you how sad I became upon reading this.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Now im not one to give erik too much shit but is it just me or is every show he goes to more perfect than the last?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    If I've waited a long time for a concert, I always tend to think it's better than the last...Its usually just because its the last one stuck in my mind. Really though, if I could rank a concert as soon as I just finished seeing it, I'd feel like I wasted my money.
    image Photobucket
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Adam got kicked out during VR but got brought back in after their set. He said Warbringer played the same set they always do, and he also said that they announced they are going to play new songs on the Nevermore tour.

He never told me they played ATCOD. He must've forgotten. Either way, I don't really care that I missed this, I'm stoked for the other shows coming up.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    Erik any post you make is irrelevant because you choose to cuss in nearly every sentence. You do not sound intelligent at all.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Did you get the Warbringer lighter/bottle opener and then put fuel use to full?

Do it.
    I love winning with women
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    my review over the same show Erik was at

Sacrificial Slaughter- Perfect performance, this is an awesome band that everyone needs to give a chance and start listening to if you like good Death Metal. 9/10

Enfold Darkness- Pretty good band to see live, I've had their album for quite a while and they have dropped out the two chances they were suppose to come to Iowa. Glad I finally got to see them. 8/10

Vital Remains- Words cannot describe how much I love this band and how amazing of a band they are. Scott Wily is an amazing vocalist and knows how to entertain. Tony Lazaro is a brutal rhythm guitarist and all the instruments were top notch. 10/10

Warbringer - fun as hell are the words I've described this band now that I've seen them twice. the pits were so much fun. Hope I get to see this band again soon. 9/10

Pestilence - This band is legendary for the very reason for how good they are live! I'm so happy I got to witness what I witness. Pestilence FTMFW! 10/10

shit I bought:
    Vital Remains shirt $20
    Pestilence shirt $20
    Vital Remains DVD $10
    I'm gonna make a super short review.

Within the Ruins/The World We Knew/Woe of Tyrants

I get in, and aside from friends and family for the opening band, I'm the only one in there.
    Local band goes on, I forget their name. They were okay.

After their set I walk over to the bar and sit down...and go figure, Chris from Woe of Tyrants is sitting next to me. I start talking to him about random shit, and how I missed the Entombed show. Told me that it was for the better. A transformer was blown during the storm, so they only played 10 minutes, and neither Jungle Rot or Entombed got to play..Everyone got a refund though. The he told me about Shaun leaving the band.. Basically the dude is a douche from what I heard. He expected 1/5 of all the money they got to go to him up front. Forget the fact that most of the money went towards gas and food. He wanted that, yet he contributed nothing to the last album. He didn't write, or even play. Bass was recorded by other people. So basically he wanted the live the rockstar life, yet they didn't even have money.

Okay after talking to him for awhile, Structures came on. They weren't that great.

Then Woe of Tyrants came come. They were pretty awesome. I wasn't the only one into them this time, there were quite a few people that were. Of course they get a short as balls set:

Singing Surrender
    Seven Braids of Samson
    Golgotha
    Break the Fangs of the Wicked
    Creatures of the Mire

Next up was The World We Knew. Now the crowd was about 50 people. I was sitting along with a few other people..but the rest were scene kids going crazy. I didn't like them as much as I did last time, but they were okay. The vocalist is a real cool dude and they didn't force the straight edge thing on us like last time.

Then the headlining band, Within the Ruins. This set was absolutely hilarious. I felt bad for them. Besides me, everyone was there for The World We Knew...so when these guys came on..nothing happened. Halfway through the vocalist goes "Alright I wanna see a circle pit!" I am not exaggerating when I say not one person moved. Nobody moved. Then later on in the set, he says "Toledo has always been great to us. You guys, give yourselves a hand." Once again...nothing. The show was over by 9:45, I was surprised.

Cheap concert was kind of interesting
    image Photobucket
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    WoT sucks, i was moderately excited to see them but was very dissapointed
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "I can safely say, that after last night, this band, fucking CHANGED. MY. LIFE"

So a semi well known decent thrash band changed your life by playing their music live......yeah.....ok.
    Jesus Christ, Erik, we're done talking about music. It's done.
    hey people like different bands, world goes round
    image Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    add me to the list of liking dio's version better lol
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    edited June 2010
    .....yeah
    Post edited by Ezkaton2000 on
    edited June 2010
    Hey man, move that over to the spoiler thread
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Good thing I missed it.

Anyway, I saw Warbringer Tuesday night. Diamond Plate and Sacrificial Slaughter supported. I wrote a review but I'll spare you all from reading the same stuff about Warbringer.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    "I want you motherfuckers to split up into 2 sides, I think you know what that means, and I screamed "FUCKING WALL OF DEATH!" and he smiled, and I couldn't contain myself, and I fucking darted over to the right side, I was right next to Adam, and we just nodded at eachother, and they played the acoustic intro, and then as soon as the blasting kicked we all ran like fucking gladiators, and............fuck I can't even describe it. It was just so perfect and rewarding, and just reassures me that moments like that are why I fucking live for Metal."

I'm talking to Jag right now, here are some interesting things that came up...

random HERO 786 4:25 pm
    lol what did he say?
    Brian Koz 4:26 pm
    I met up with Adam (JagBag) and we WENT IN A FUCKING WALL OF DEATH
    WE BOTH RAN TO ONE SIDE AND WE LOOK AND NODDED AT EACH OTHER AND FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
    random HERO 786 4:26 pm
    lol that never happened... i went to one side and was giving a friend the finger the whole time

later, Adam adds...

random HERO 786 4:31 pm
    there were like 12 people that did the wall it wasnt that insane, ive been in better
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Jag is such an ace.
    THE AYCE OV SPAYEEEDS