Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Santana's flip out....? What am I missing here?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    tr00f Wine lol
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    lulzy shit was lulzy
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The new mayhemer's thread I think...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Oh wait, no it was Grinds my gears...one page back.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    yeah i was gonna say, there were two lulzy fights while he was gone. everyone vs Santana and Me and Bianca lol
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I bumped the thread.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    ^i seriously could not figure that out myself
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LOL The shit about small eyes?
    3 letters? 1 post? ridiculous
    3 characters? 1 post? ridiculous
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    erik chill damn
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Wow after the events of what occured 24 hours ago I have to say that everyone on this forum takes the internet too seriously.

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited June 2010
    ok, here's a review of the Tool show last night. First of all, me going to this show was completely last minute. My flight landed in NOLA at 6:40. So our intentions were to just go home and sleep being we had tickets for the Houston show the following night. Well, we get a call at 7:30 from a friend and he said he had and extra ticket and to come meet him at the arena if I wanted to go. So I went.

The opening band was "Wovenhand". Folk Rock band out of Colorado. Nothing special at all. We missed a bit of their set, but from what we saw we didn't mind. Typical opener for Tool with the exception of Isis and the Melvins.

Now to Tool. Lights go out, and all of a sudden you hear..... "think for yourself" and the place went absolutely apeshit. That was a nice little surprise from the band to add "Third Eye". Up next was "Jambi" and an extended version of "Stinkfist". Next we have "Vicarious". Yes, "Vicarious" in the middle of the set. Then out of nowheres another awesome change to the set being......"The Patient". Once again the crowd went nuts. So glad the band decided to really change it up this time around. Just when you think things couldn't get anymore interesting, Maynard over the P.A. in an country accent says "does NOLA believe in time travel, cause I believe in time travel". Here come "Intolerance"!!! Holy shit another rarity from the guys. That was fucking awesome!!! Then we get and extended version of "Schism" followed by "46 &2". Both always crowd pleasers. We go to intermission for a few from here. Then we hear a "who dat" over the pa from Maynard. Yea, a nice cheap pop from MJK. The band makes their return, and go to "Lateralus" from here. Now being that "Vicarious was moved in the set, that meant the closer was going to be something else. Then the intro to "Aenima" kicks in. Such a great song to close an awesome show off with. This was by far the best Tool show i've ever seen. If I was asked to explain the show in one word, i'd be "incredible". If anybody gets the opportunity to check the tour out, fucking go!!!. 10/10

For the stage setup. Wow, the band really out did themselves. Same stage set with the addition a bunch of things. First of all, all new video packages. That's something that really needed some upgrading and they defiantly did it. They added a long strip screen at the top above Maynard and Danny, and one right below them. They added two lcd screens that come down from the ceiling. One lands behind Justin and the other behind Adam. Also, there are two additional screens in the top center of the stage aswell as the same two off to the side from previous years.

Now for Maynard. The get up he had on last night was fucking hilarious. He was dressed up as a postal server and had some white calf socks on which is quit the site. He was so goddamn active last night. Right before the band started the show, he ran to both sides of the stage with a camera an took pictures of the crowd. He did this throughout the show aswell. Good bit of interaction with the crowd which is always a good thing. When Maynards having a good time, the show's that much better.

Danny wore his Kobe jersey of course.

Shirts were $40. Limited posters were $25 or $100 for a signed one. Only 10 signed available at each show.

Third Eye
    Jambi
    (-) Ions
    Stinkfist (extended)
    Vicarious w/ intro
    Eon Blue Apocalypse
    The Patient
    Intolerance
    Schism (extended)
    Forty Six & 2 w/ intro
    -Intermission-
    Lateralus
    Ænema

Sonisphere Festival:

I'll do a detailed review later. Ill upload the pics as well. It's gonna take awhile.
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    wow great set, wish they did a more complete tour.......
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I so wish I could go to see Tool.

Since I'm moving, I having to save money and I'm only making it to Mayhem and Carnival of Madness this summer.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html