Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I went to Alpine Valley for Ozzfest that year.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I know we didn't get Vigil and I don't think we got Ruin.

I didn't know much by them at the time so that doesn't help.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was too drunk to remember. They could have played all Duran Duran songs as far as I know.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    kiladelphia cd was def the best set by a mile
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    American Head Charge
    The Clubhouse Tempe, AZ
    1/22/12

I'm gonna make most of my reviews short-ish. Maybe once in a while I'll post a lengthy one.

Impulsive Armageddon (or something like that) - Meh. 3/10

69 Sins - Cookie cutter nu metal. Mildly entertaining at best. 2/10

Psyphen - I went out to my car to take a nap before their set started. Came back in to see a Tool wannabe band with a 50 year old guy on guitar. Not impressed. 3/10

9Electric - Without a doubt the worst band, local or touring, that I have ever seen or heard. Like, my god. It was hysterical as fuck. A cybergoth dance metal band with the most lame lyrics I've ever heard. Think of 5FDP, but even more dumbed down. Their singer looks like the product of a Gerard Way/Ivan Moody mash-up, one of the guitarists looks like that guitarist at the end of School of Rock who goes up to the principal and says "You're hot," and they used background images loaded straight from YouTube. I actually had to leave my spot in the front because I was laughing so hard. 1/10 (1 point awarded because they made me laugh so goddamn hard).

Here's a video of one of their past performances. The guitarist had an open shirt with a leopard print collar at our show, doe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vujD2bbujqU

American Head Charge - Fucking amazing as expected. Chad and Sin were right in front of me the whole set, which made it even better. I told Chad (their bassist) during the interview that my favorite song is Just So You Know, so after they played that, he handed me his pick. Anyways, the rest of the set (which was 18 songs, greatest hits and a few new ones for the EP they're releasing this year) was amazing as well and consisted of quotes between songs by Mr. Rogers and Charles Manson. 11/10
    I love winning with women
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    That song doesn't even do my description enough justice. These guys were fucking bad. I mean REALLY fucking bad.
    I love winning with women
    LOG BOSTON PARADISE CLUB

Agaycia strain - missed most their set cuz we got lost in boston....what a faggot band but he was wearing a raiders shirt so ill give them 1/10

LOG - sweet jesus. let me just say it was the craziest show ive ever been apart of...the venuse was so fuckin small...moshpits were openning up before they even came on the stage and then chaos just ensued...literally no place for the first five songs were safe unless you were in the bathroom or upstairs...openned with desolation then some new song then now youve got somethin to die for...by this time it was like 120 degrees in the pit and i literally couldnt breath it was so hot, i was winded as fuck so im like ill go chill in the back for a while..next song is ruin im like well fuck that i gotta rip this song up first..within two seconds of jumpin in the pit got caught with a bow right in the mouth..was pretty funny... finished out the song and had to get out of there before i was gonna pass out...missed the next song to go chill outside in the cold cuz i was seeing spots n shit and i was like 5 min away from passing out..all i drank that night was a 6 pack and i was just 100 percent dehydrated...missed the next song getting water and going to the bathroom to regain myself...finally started feeling better and watched the rest of the show from the back...played pretty musch the exact same set that was posted the other day....the wall of death at the end was great...the whole place was fuckin rockin the whole night, easily one of the best shows ive ever been to... a better setlist could of made it perfect but ill give it a 9.5/10

amazing crowd energy like ive never seen before, had the best time, thanks LaurJohn for the ticket hookup!!
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I'm so excited and scared!!!!!
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Agaycia strain - missed most their set cuz we got lost in boston....what a faggot band but he was wearing a raiders shirt so ill give them 1/10
    Go to hell.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Lol!

I don't like the acacia strain either.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lamb of God-Trocadero-Philly 1/26/12

So, I was excited as hell for this show. My favorite venue and sold out, so I could not miss this show. After settling who was going (one of George's tickets exchanged hands multiple times), Alex and I skipped our classes and got into Philly at 5:15 after 2 trips to Wawa and me trying to guide us with my blurry vision. Since doors weren't until 7 and there were only like 10 people in line, we decided to go get warm in the underground mall, The Gallery. Once we got back to the line, they gated the first 50 of us into the front of the line....so claustrophobic. We weren't even inside the venue yet and the crush started. Billy and his girlfriend Tonya (who is adorable) walked by, but they couldn't get into the gated area. My friend Brett showed up soon after that and gave him his ticket. Then it started to rain. Very interesting conversations in the gate. At one point, Randy skateboarded by with his penguin hat and backpack, filming us and yell "Hey fuckers!" Doors finalllllllly opened at 7 and we got 2nd row center and Billy, Tonya and Brett found us. After a lot of douchey conversation that make the people around us uncomfortable...lights went down at 8.

Too Late The Hero-Didn't really give a shit about them. They didn't sound bad but none of us were feeling them. Every time the singer asked for a pit...no movement. 4/10

Let a couple people in front of me because the guy in the front row smelled realllllly bad. Made fun of the first band...waited for TAS to come on.

The Acacia Strain-Wasn't a fan before the show and am still not after seeing them, but I can respect them live. They sound good (with the exception of the vocals being hard to hear). Crowd surfing began, so I just let myself get jostled away from the front, away from Billy, Tonya and Brett. Ended up on the ring of the pit. Big dudes in there. Only time I get kicked by a crowd surfer it happened to be Alex. I was so pissed. But I had a blast regardless during their set. 6.5/10

After hydrating, we made our way to the area that would become the back of the pit. Everyone was bugging waiting for the reason we were all there. We were all tired as hell, but when the lights dropped at 9:30, the pit started before the music kicked in.

Lamb of God-The first two times I saw Lamb of God was at the Electric Factory, which is twice the size of the Troc, one which sold out that day and another that was sold out right away which was FUCKING AWESOME, and at Mayhem Fest, which was less than awesome. Last night's show blew away all of those shows. While the setlist could have been a bit better, it was amazing regardless. Opening with Desolation, Randy stage dived and we lost sight of him for a bit. Then going into Ghost Walking, followed by Walk With Me In Hell the pit was roaring. Once Set to Fail started, I pushed my way to the front of the pit and got some good swings in. I spent the majoriy of Now You've Got Something to Die For in the pit. Then we made our way back into the crush of the crowd at the end of the song and they ripped into Ruin. Halfway through the crowd, after getting punched a few times and developing a limp and Alex almost getting his earring ripped out, we bailed out of the crush of the crowd and went underneath the awning on the left side of the stage. After catching my breath and holding down puke, all while trying not to pass out, we watched the rest of the show from this point. The walls had moisture on them from the amount of heat the place was giving off. At one point, we all sang Willie Happy Birthday since he was turning 37 that day, there was a girl on stage with cake...a story about fried chicken, followed by the fried chicken flying into the crowd. The rest of the songs included the same as the other couple dates with Hourglass, The Undertow, Descending, Contractor, The Number Six and Laid to Rest with an encore of (The Passing) In Your Words, Redneck, and the wall of death famous song Black Label. One of the craziest crowds and shows I have ever been apart of. In-fucking-tense. Can't wait for them to come back in the summer. My right foot is all fucked up...but it was totally worth every second of pain. 9.5/10 (would have been higher if I didn't get sick)

You can find video on youtube of the show already.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Awesome \m/

your night almost sounds Exactly the same as mine, minus the fried chicken haha

this is def a tour to be remembered!
    edited January 2012
    I'll never forget that night. \m/

And the fried chicken was hilarious.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm beginning to wonder if you guys are getting on this tour the same intensity I got from the tour with machinehead years back. It's something I won't ever forget and didn't think they would get back to that point.

Also did alex lick your butthole or what
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    ape i think its just cuz the venue i saw them at was so small and everyone there was in war mode, i dont necessarily think LOG was more 'intense' than usual as a band
    ape i think its just cuz the venue i saw them at was so small and everyone there was in war mode, i dont necessarily think LOG was more 'intense' than usual as a band
    This. Everyone had the feel of "This is special. Let's fuck shit up."
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I remember when i saw them on that machine head tour they killed it.