Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    tool - 11/10

\m/ was it your first time?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Tool 1/10 would not see again
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    :-)) lol fucking apez 8-}
    tool - 11/10

\m/ was it your first time?
    2nd
    nice did you also see them during the 10,000 days run?
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    :( Our Tool show is tonight and I'm not going. :(
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    >:D<
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    >:D< hopefully you will get to see them sometime next year...they are truly great live...the only thing i can say that is lame about this band is MJK inability to really show appreciation for his fans
    I wanted to go, but like most dates, sold out right away and I can't justify spending money on a scalped ticket. :(
    yup, this show was better imo

also YOB sounded heavy as fuck, cant wait to see em again at mdf
    yup, this show was better imo

yeah i agree that these set of shows were better...but i was happy with that run cause i got to here some 10,000 days songs i might not get the chance to see again

I wanted to go, but like most dates, sold out right away and I can't justify spending money on a scalped ticket. :(
    yeah i understand, we got lucky and they released some seats late..thank god

i barely got seats but the balcony was still awesome
    I'm sure it was awesome. I just hate the venue's seats that they're playing.
    yeah....i think its lame tool puts seats on the floor anyways....but i understand they are getting old and there music is enjoyable any way its presented
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Gigantour 2012
    Lowell MA 1/29/12
    Tsongas Arena
    Well where to start… I’ve been insanely pumped for this show for months since I’ve never seen Megadeth headline and I love Volbeat, so I got tickets as soon as I could. I ended up getting my friend Mike to drive who is pretty much the person who got me into metal and I haven’t been to a show with him since Mayhem 09. Since Lowell is about 2 hours away from where I live and we didn’t know how to get there we picked up my other friend and left RI at around 1, getting there around 3. We then roamed around Lowell in his car looking for a place to eat. Lowell is CREEPY as FUCK. Every other building looks like it’s evicted. We found a pizza place to feast at then went back to the arena and got in line for about an hour and a half. When we got into the venue we ran up the floor, I got a rail spot and my friends got stuck behind me.

Lacuna Coil
    Rating: C
    They weren’t too bad, weren’t all that great either. Cristina’s voice is much more nasally live than recording, but she’s quite nice on the eyes… their bassist and male singer are both sketchy as fuck.
    1. Our Truth
    2. Fragile
    3. Kill the Light
    4. Trip the Darkness
    5. Spellbound

Volbeat
    Rating: A
    Goddamn, one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. So lucky I was on rail for this. The band’s energy and presence are just incredible. I guess I was the only person on the rail who knew all the lyrics, because Michael Poulson kept nodding at me and looking at me when he went for the crowd to sing. The mosh pit behind me was intense throughout their set, but I never jumped in because I wanted to keep rail. The bassist ended coming straight up to me and handing me a pick, and I ended up catching Poulson’s wristband. Their setlist was very satisfying too.
    1. The Human Instrument
    2. Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood
    3. The Mirror and the Ripper
    4. Sad Man's Tongue
    5. Hallelujah Goat
    6. Who They Are
    7. Fallen
    8. I Only Wanna Be With You
    9. Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza
    10. Still Counting
    11. Raining Blood (up until the vocals kick in)

Motorhead
    Rating: C+
    I was still on the rail for them, honestly they put on a decent show but everything was the same. The only songs that stood out were The Chase is Better Than the Catch, Ace of Spades, and Overkill. The drummer did a pretty damn cool solo too.

Megadeth
    Rating: A-
    Motherfucking Megadeth. These guys were INSANE. One of the best live shows I’ve ever witnessed. I was no longer on the rail but still extremely close to the stage and had a nearby mosh pit to my disposal. The show was marred, however, by a less than perfect setlist. The crowd’s energy went down a hundredfold during their TH1RT3EN songs, but honestly they didn’t sound bad or anything. When they played classics, however, the place was bumpin’. I’m butthurt they replaced Poison Was The Cure with She-Wolf…
    1. Trust
    2. Wake Up Dead
    3. Hangar 18
    4. Sweating Bullets
    5. Angry Again
    6. She-Wolf
    7. Dawn Patrol
    8. Public Enemy No. 1
    9. Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
    10. Guns, Drugs & Money
    11. A Tout Le Monde w/ Scabbia
    12. Symphony of Destruction