Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Yeah, they kept apologizing. I plan on writing a letter or email to the theater letting them know how incompetent their staff is.
    Tear them an new asshole.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I thought Veil Of Maya were on that Machine Head tour. Darkest hour probably played your Your Everyday Disaster and love as a weapon and maybeViolent By Nature for the songs you didn't know.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Veil Of Maya is with In Flames and Trivium
    Haha i was way off.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Setlist was:

The World Engulfed in Flames
    No God
    Savor the Kill
    With a Thousand Words to Say but One
    Violent by Nature
    Love as a Weapon
    Your Everyday Disaster
    Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End)
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I'll post my review of American Head Charge either later today or tomorrow.
    I love winning with women
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    edited January 2012
    Lamb Of God- Richmond, VA- 1/22/12

This weekend was one of the best weekend’s I have had in a long time. Saturday night was filled with trips to wal-mart, target, and subway. It was also filled with air-soft battles by a freezing river in the dead of night in the middle of the woods. We left here at 11 a.m. to make the 3 hour trek to Richmond. About ¾ of the way there I made the realization that I had left my Randy Blythe For President sign at home but luckily I still had my “Now You’ve Got Something To Die For” flag with me. When we arrived in Richmond I had to make a trip over to Vinyl Conflict which is the same record store that was shown in Municipal Waste’s video for “Wolves Of Chernobyl” there I purchased two patches a Withered and a Brujeria. I could have spent all day there though. When we got close to The National there was already a line. But luckily we had found out about the early-in “program” at Gibson’s Grill which is right beside the venue. Pretty much you spend $10 on food/drinks and then they take you into the venue via a connecting staircase and you get in like 25 minutes before doors open. When we got into the venue we met up with a couple guys we talked to in the parking lot that had gotten rail and let us squeeze in so we had rail the whole show.

The first band to go on was Before The Machine. They had a generic metalcore sound. The vocalist is a much better screamer than clean vocalist. I doubt I’ll look more into them.

The second band was Hex Machine. WORST. FUCKING. BAND . I HAVE EVER SEEN/HEARD. They were nothing but pure noise. They were so bad that all of the crowd turned around and gave them the middle finger while screaming for Lamb Of God. Heckling was to the fullest. The vocalist/lead guitarist also intentionally spit on my friend during their set and after the set he flipped us all of and said “Fuck You”. This band did not deserve in the slightest to share a stage with LoG or any band ever. Fuck this band. I really hope after the reaction they received last night they call it quits so no one ever has to be subjected to that shit again.

Next up was Kepone. These guys were great. They had reunited after 6 years for the Gwar-B-Q last year. Most of the reaction was “Thank you for not sucking”. Unfortunately, because of Hex Machine, Kepone did not get the response they deserved. Hope to see them again.

Now then. The almighty Lamb Of God. They went on over an hour late, not sure why though. But dammit they slayed everyone in the venue for this sold out hometown show. I have never been crushed against a rail as bad as I was last night. The energy and stage presence that Lamb Of God is unparalleled by any other band that has been around as long as they have.

Desolation
    Ghost Walking
    Walk With Me In Hell
    Set To Fail
    Now You've Got Something To Die For
    Ruin
    Hourglass
    Undertow
    Descending
    Contractor
    The Number 6
    Laid To Rest

The Passing/In Your Words
    Redneck
    Black Label

Merch-wise. They had 2 men’s shirts that had the dates on the back for $20 each, 2 hoodies for $40 each, 1 women’s shirt for $20, all the albums, including the new one, for $10 each. I think that was it.

It was a great time. It’s going to be hard this year to beat last night.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I thought you left
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    But they didn't play my favorite LOG song, 11th Hour :/

But Ruin and Contractor? \m/
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    no 11th hour or vigil is pretty saddening
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited January 2012
    what LOG setlist SHOULD look like

Laid To Rest
    new song
    new song
    now youve got something to die for
    walk with me in hell
    new song
    pariah
    dimera (btp)
    contractor
    new song
    hourglass

encore
    11th hour
    vigil
    black label
    edited January 2012
    Had security take this picture for me

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    What was the ratio of long haired faggots there streets?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    yeah thats a lame LOG set
    There was a lot of long-haired faggots
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Are you going to delete me from the internet if I grow my hair long?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's not that bad of a set disappointing yes but I like all those songs.
    Ozzfest 07 had to best set i've seen my log.

Hourglass
    Laid to Rest
    Walk With Me in Hell
    Again We Rise
    Ruin
    Pathetic
    As the Palaces Burn
    Now You've Got Something to Die For
    Blacken the Cursed Sun
    Omerta
    Vigil
    11th Hour
    Redneck
    Black Label
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Killadelphia is best ive seen
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They played that many songs? Fuck, I don't remember that
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG