Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    trivium sucks tho....
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I think i saw them play Dying In Your Arms once on the first tour i saw them on.
    I don't understand. It's one of their most popular songs (and in fact, according to Last, it's their most popular). Yeah, Last doesn't really represent the entire world of music, but it's still retarded that they just flat out abandoned it. So, so gay.
    I love winning with women
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Maybe they hate the song that's maybe the reason they don't play it. They also don't play songs off the crusade anymore so i am sure they didn't like that album either.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Interview them and ask, Alex. lol
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Interview them and ask, Alex. lol
    There's about a 10% chance I'll be interviewing them, actually. I'm more than likely going to be interviewing In Flames because Century Media and our station are major partners. We've had some issues with Roadrunner, though.
    edited January 2012
    Although occasionally we'll score one with them, CM, Relapse and Metal Blade are our surefire labels.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    ummmm tool review please!
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2012
    Nola, Ape, Jay

b-( b-( b-(
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Thank you sir! may I have another?!
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    CF is mad about something again....surprise surprise. :P
    Not mad, just my way of showing my displeasure of faggotry. You use jay faces, I punch.
    That's not nice. [-X
    Darkest Hour , Suicide Silence Off Date

Darkest Hour were the reason i went to this show and they killed it. They played an awesome set full of awesome tunes. They should of headlined this off date because they flat out killed Suicide Silence like i knew they would. I need to see these guys headline . Songs like Savor the kill , love as a weapon , With A Thousand Words To Say But One, Doomsayer were so fucking good live. The setlist is not in exact order but close enough .

Setlist
    Terra Noctunus (Intro)
    The World Engulfed In Flames
    No God
    Savor The Kill
    With A Thousand Words To Say But One
    Love As A Weapon
    Your Everyday Disaster
    Violent By Nature
    Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End)

Suicide Silence I've seen these motherfuckas 6 times now and i have to say before this show i didn't want to see them.
    Once i found out Darkest Hour were opening i had to go. This was hopefully the last time i have to see them for atleast a year or two. It's funny because my dad hates deathcore and he said he liked them last night but the last time we saw them he said mitch sounded like a bird haha. They were average i was just tired of seeing them and it hit me right when they started.

Setlist
    You only live once
    Wake Up
    OCD
    Unanswered
    Lifted
    Smoke
    Disengage
    Slaves To Substance
    Bludgeoned to death
    Fuck everything
    No Pity For A Coward

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Uhhh darkest hour didn't play the sadist nation? That doesn't seem right
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Or Convalescence...
    I wish they would of played both those, but the new stuff is fucking great live.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Machine Head -- Royal Oak, MI -- January 21, 2012

Well a little over a week after I saw In Flames I found myself at the same venue in Royal gearing up to see Machine Head. We got to the venue just a little before 6 and doors were set to open at 6:30. Their was only about 10 people in front of us to get in to the venue. Right as we get in line we see some cops arresting people already. I didn't see what happened exactly but I heard they were smoking some weed outside the venue and a cop driving by some them and threw them in his car. Anyways while I was standing in line this guy came up and asked me if I was Machine Head fan and I told him yes so he asked if he could write a line from Who We Are on my arm and it would be shown up on Machine Head's screen during the intro to Who We Are so that was cool. For the next 20 minutes before the doors opened laughed at all the scene kids showing up and stunned how long the line was. When the doors opened looked at merch quick and made my to the floor where I got rail where about 10 minutes later I felt a tap on the shoulder and it was Jay we talked for a couple of minutes as I looked for Elliot but didn't end up finding him.

Darkest Hour were up first and this would be my second time seeing them the first was at Summer Slaughter. I don't know very much of their songs but they sounded damn good live. They all sounded very tight and should've been put over Suicide Silence who were complete shit but we will get into that in a bit. Like I said I don't really know all they played but they played a couple off their new album which sounded fucking awesome live. I would say the highlight of their set was With A Thousand Words To Say But One. I don't have a set but I'm pretty sure it was similar to the set Adam posted minus a couple of those songs. 7/10
    From what I remember and probably out of order and not complete
    The World Engulfed In Flames
    No God
    Savor The Kill
    With A Thousand Words To Say But One
    They played a couple more but I didn't know them.

Right as Darkest Hour got off stage half of the floor cleared and it filled back up with scene kids [..] and right as I turn to say something to Jay these two girls come behind me and start talking about how much they love Mitch Lucker and that turned into god save me.

Suicide Silence were up next and they were probably the worst fucking band I have ever seen. I have tried my hardest to stay away from them. At Mayhem Fest I made sure I was up on the hill instead of watching the shit that is Suicide Silence. But unfortunately I had no choice but to watch them tonight because their was no way I was about to give up rail. Just as I expected shitty pig squeals with massive breakdowns and what the hell does Mitch think he is doing when he does that foot stomp with his arms up over his head he looks ridiculous. Then even worse then the music was those girls behind me trying to do death growls and screaming as high as they could in my god damn ear. It was not a good time thank god they had to cut their set short because it took them so long to set up. Again I have never seen a shittier performance I would rather listen to Oceano to be honest. Oh I forgot to mention Suicide Silence managed to get some movement with a wall of death for Disengaged I think. I will give them a 1/10 just because I got a pick afterwards. 1/10
    You Only Live Once
    Wake Up
    Unanswered
    O.C.D.
    Slave to Substance
    Disengaged
    No Pity for a Coward
    Remember their set got cut short by 4 songs.

Again after Suicide Silence most of the floor cleared I was getting worried this is how it would be but gradually the floor became pretty packed by the time Machine Head came on. Got in this conversation with these people who were pretty cool. This one guy was talking about how he skipped his court date for a d.u.i. to go to Mayhem Fest.

And was time for Machine Fucking Head and it was an amazing show. I have been waiting to see them on a headlining tour ever since I heard the song Imperium. And I first got the chance to see Machine Head was opening for Metallica and it was a good set I didn't know nearly as much as I do now but I was satisfied. Then my next chance to see them was at Mayhem fest 2011 and because In Flames dropped off they got moved from the side-stage to the main stage which pissed me off and it was a good show. But it was different this time as it was in a small theater with nearly a 2 hour set so I was pretty pumped. They opened with I Am Hell which sounded really awesome live. And let me just say now Robb Flynn knows how to work the crowd he is up their with the best. From where I was Phil Demmel would play right in front of me and this guy could shred. Anyways they played Be Still And Know which was fantastic then Imperium which was maybe my favorite song of the night. They sounded fantastic and I spent the whole night singing with Robb Flynn and headbanging too which my neck is really fucking stiff today. They played almost everything off of Unto The Locust which was fine by me because it kicks ass live. Especially This Is The End. I thought I might have gotten bored when Darkness Within came on but it was just as good as the other songs. They also played oldies but goodies like Old, Ten Ton Hammer, and Bulldozer. When Who We Are came on I was excited and I saw the lyrics "Divided We Will Stand" up there on the screen. He also dedicated Aesthetics Of Hate to Dimebag as he normally does. They finished the set with Halo which sounded amazing as it normally does and then Davidian which was also really awesome and toward the end the guy's from Darkest Hour came out a screamed some lyrics into the mic and as they were leaving the one guitarist fell on his ass pretty hard and they just dragged him off stage, It was a fantastic show one of the best I have ever seen beside Suicide Silence but Fuck them. I would seriously put Machine Head up with my top three performances I have ever seen. I also caught a pick from Phil Demmel after Who We Are and received another one from him after the show. Dare I do it.....11/10

If this tour is coming near you I recommend you go even with shitty Suicide Silence Machine Head is worth it.

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You got a Suicide Silence pick and didn't A. throw it back or B. exchange it with a hot scene chick for sexual favors? L-)
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG