Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    One of my favorite shows. It as the most violent one I've seen
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Arlo, place august burns red review below.

Thank you.
    Concerned citizen
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I saw lamb with gwar and They both played for like 2 hours. It was one of the best shows ive seen
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    August Burns Red - Dallas TX - 1/27/2012

letlive. - Only caught like the last 2 songs from these guys cause I got to the venue a tad later than I had planned. Didn't really feel like I missed much though cause I wasn't much of a fan of what I heard. They have like an Every Time I Die feel to them though so if you like ETID then you might wanna check them out. I will say, the singer had about as much energy as The Chariot so he was at least fun to watch. Overall I wouldn't be in a rush to see them again though. idk/10

Texas In July - I had been waiting for over a year to see this band and certainly wasn't disappointed with what I saw. Their music doesn't seem exceptionally difficult to play but they still were spot on and sounded really well. The crowd was hot for them the entire set too which made for a pretty fun time up front, it always helps the experience to actually be involved instead of just standing there watching them to me. They definitely make a great opener for a band like ABR, and I really can't wait to see them on another tour sometime. Very fun band! 8.5/10

Silverstein - Haters gonna hate, but I really enjoyed these guys live. They have a great stage presence combined with the fact that they sound just like they do on their albums really makes for an entertaining set. I was standing a bit further back this time to rest up for ABR but I still found myself really enjoying their stuff. Also, the singer talked about an upcoming album that will be out in Feb called "Short Songs" which he said features 22 songs all under 90 seconds a piece. Silverstein turning grind? Not really, but the songs they played from it definitely sounded different, I'll be looking forward to hearing the rest of them. The crowd wasn't happy when he talked about it though which made me crack up, but I like the fact that they're doing something different. Hopefully it works out for them. Anyways, great set, I'd suggest watching them even if you're not a fan because they're a lot more listenable live. 8/10

August Burns Red - And now the band that everyone came to see, and for good reason. The lights went down right as I made my way in front of the pit, and as soon as they busted into Empire the place just erupted with energy. Everyone was jumping/moshing/pushing their way around which made it a real struggle to stay up near the front of the crowd. The intensity would eventually let up during Internal Cannon when the singer told everyone to find someone and salsa dance. Definitely not what I was used to from ABR but the newer songs still came off great live and added a little more diversity to the set that I hadn't seen as much in the past. Stage production was pretty sweet too, ABR had a bunch of vertical lights behind them as well as the usual strobes and a big ass backdrop which featured a single tree surrounded by a rainbow of dark colors. Sound was damn near perfect which is pretty much standard with them and the stage presence is always fun to watch with the guitarists jumping around and the lead singer always swinging the mic. They also played a 2 song encore that featured Carpe Diem, a slower, longer song from Leveler which really built up the crowd for the finale Composure that got the crowd more intense that any other point in the show. It's always an amazing time seeing ABR and this show was no exception, can't wait to catch them again sometime in the future. 9.5/10
    Thank you
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Id post a review of log but britt summed it up pretty Damn well I got some sweet fucking pics
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited January 2012
    Id post a review of log but britt summed it up pretty Damn well I got some sweet fucking pics
    Post your pictures. Your girlfriend's pictures were way better than mine.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Those were mine lol she stole my pics. Her phone wasn't taking clear ones
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    Mine weren't that clear either. Stupid iPhone. Plus, I'd like to hear how it was for you guys after we lost you. :))
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Haha we got slammed against the rail and we couldn't breathe so we stood off to the left by the side stairs up to where you guys were standing. We were right by the door to go to the left of the stage
    :)) Hah...you were right by us once we bailed. Did you guys go into the pit area at all? That was such a bad idea on our part.
    I thought about it but I just wanted to watch the show at that point
    Well, I kinda got pushed that way during TAS then we went to get water, so the only way to get back to the "middle", was to go through the pit...and it looked fun, so I said fuck it.
    I was really tempted especially during contractor
    Yeah, I was already under the awning and I was tempted, but once I pushed myself off the wall, I almost collapsed.
    Yeah stepping outside felt amazing the humidity in there was sickening
    Did you feel the walls!?!?!? They had moisture on them. It was nuts. And yeah, I walked all the way to the train in my tank top...felt so glorious after that heatbox. I've been to sold out shows there before, but for some reason that one was the best/worst.
    Yeah the walls were sweating alot lol. And I agree it was one of the best shows I've been to. So much violence lol
    It's going to take a lot to top that show this year.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Going to GIgantour tonight. Depending on when I get back, I'll have a review up tonight, at the latest tomorrow.

Also, Pro Shot footage from NYC last night:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0F44zhYCiQ