Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    But the thing is, it their music isn't the most exciting. Even when Tosin has both hands on the neck, using all of his fingers to tap notes, the music is really relaxed and just really groove-based. A little too much at times. There were segments of their set where to be frank, I was a tad bored.
    I swear to god if I ever find you I will kill you in your sleep.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Are you denying that the tesseract set was more than clean vocals over breakdown riffs?
    Yes. There were riff that weren't breakdowns as well as death growls.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    4 seconds of screaming vs 30 minutes of singing the same boring note backed by breakdowns is not diverse
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I didn't claim that they were diverse. Animals as Leaders has a more diverse sound than Tesseract, but that doesn't mean I can't prefer Tesseract over them.
    It just baffles me that you said animals is boring yet tesseract isn't when tesseract was the same shit the entire set
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Both bands suck, shut up
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Someone is jealous
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    want to go to that btbam show
    So a group of friends and I decided to hit up the hatebreed show in Louisville tonight it was an off date for share the welt. I wouldn't have gone had five finger death punch been there. Some locals opened the show that sucked. I didn't really pay attention.

Anyway

HATEBREED
    They took forever to set up and get on stage but it was worth the wait. I found it strange that they has the drums and amps completely covered until the lights went out but I soon learned why. They dropped the covers and there was Christmas lights and stockings hanging from the amps and drums. They also put up a Christmas tree. They came out to the song "it's the most wonderful time of the year" stage was dark with only the Christmas stuff lit up and they quickly went Into to the threshold with the lights coming fully on. It was your average hatebreed setlist with a couple thorn in from their first cd. I'm not sure how long they played because I didn't have my phone on me but it was pretty long. High energy and a ton of crowd reaction all the way through. Even the security guards were standing on the barrier not helping people but instead headbanging and directing people to mosh. Was awesome.

I caught a hatebreed pick from Wayne. I also got a VIP meet and greet and hung out for a bit after the show. Jamey and Wayne remembered me from previous times because of my tattoo. I got my lamenent signed by everyone.

All the remains
    Was the boring. They are still playing the same sets as they did from mayhem 09. I think they played two from fall of ideals and that was this calling and the air that I breathe. Was stupid. I found it funny that Phil would be like " you guys want something heavy!?" and then they would play stuff from overcome. Get the fuck out with that shit you asshole. Half the venue cleared out after hatebreed and of the people left half were waiting to meet hatebreed after the show so it was funny when Phil got pissy that the crowd wasn't into it. Here's an idea Phil, fucking play stuff from this darkened heart! Then maybe people will be into your band. In the middle of the set it was more entertaining to watch the people that were getting into fights. I spent a good three songs watching an argument. So once again this band can go away until they decide to acknowledge their early work that got them where they are. they also played a shorter set than hatebreed. Which was weird but I'm not complaining

All in all I had a great time it was worth the 2 hour drive there and back. I'll post a picture of the lamenent when I get a chance.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Lol @ the ATR review

But yeah both times I've seen Hatebreed I've had an incredibly good time. That is indeed weird that they played longer than the headliner...
    Had to be at work by 7 am after getting in at 2am from the show. I slept a few hours and feel more awake then I have in weeks coming to work
    edited December 2011
    As best as I can remember. Not in order besides the first two and last two

Hatebreed
    It's the most wonderful time of the year intro
    To the threshold
    Everyone bleeds now
    In ashes the shall reap
    Empty promises
    Puritan
    Before dishonor
    Perseverance
    Tear it down
    This is now
    Last breath
    Doomsayer
    Destroy everything
    Never let it die
    Facing what consumes you
    As diehard as they come
    Live for this
    I will be heard

There maybe a couple more I cannot remember.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    they didnt play doomsayer at my date : (
    You also had five finger death punch there lol
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Korpiklaani setlist from last night...

I love winning with women
    Hatebreed > korpiklaani
    I agree, but it was still a pretty cool show.
    b-(
    Elitist hater faggot
    You didn't read my review : (