Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Jay why you no read review
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    :-(
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    :))
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Why
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    share the welt 12/9. Waterloo, Iowa. McElroy auditorium

Second time seeing this tour, last time anthrax was there instead of atr and im glad they werent there this time. This show was way better than the one in Kansas city. So much more people

Hatebreed - got there a little late so they were already playing. onLy missed two songs so its fine. Smash your enemies is probably my favorite song to see live. The kicks in it are awesome. I got a drumstick too \m/ what hasnt been said about these guys 11/10

Atr - seen em 4 times and I always have fun with them. tHeir shows are always fun even if they dont play some of their old songs. I will always see these guys 9/10

Five finger death punch - I am a fan, haters gonna hate. I had way more fun this time seeing them cause the crowd was actually moving. Kept the same show as last time so I made 5 bucks off some guy by betting him what song they played for their encore. They said they would see us next summer so I guess that means mayhem. I had a lot of fun again 8.5/10
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Five finger death punch - I am a fan, haters gonna hate. I had way more fun this time seeing them cause the crowd was actually moving. Kept the same show as last time so I made 5 bucks off some guy by betting him what song they played for their encore. They said they would see us next summer so I guess that means mayhem. I had a lot of fun again 8.5/10

faggots gonna fag
    Only thing right with that review was the hatebreed part

Shit I forgot sevendust was there. They played really well. I'm going to check them out
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Fearless Friends Tour - Dallas TX - 12/12/11

Set The Sun - Local band from Dallas that opened the show. Their music was about as generic as their "verb the noun" band name, really nothing that I haven't heard before. That being said, I'm still a fan of this "scene core" genre so I was still entertained enough though their set. I wish I could say something unique about these guys since they're from here, but I can't find anything. So yeah, if you're into verb the noun bands that do a lot of screaming, go into a clean chorus, back to screaming and then end with a breakdown all while doing choreographed headbanging, then these are the guys for you. 5/10

Tonight Alive - Poppy rock band from Australia that not many people seemed to care for other than myself. Really good stuff from these guys (and girl), although they're the kind of band you'd normally see opening a You Me At Six show which easily made them the odd band out here. I was right up front for their set and really enjoyed myself, good stage presence from all the members and I can't really say much for their sound as being in the front doesn't really do any favors in terms of being able to fully hear the band. I'd actually go out of my way to see this band again as I found myself not wanting their set to end. 8.25/10

Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! - I've heard this band being described as "the French A Day To Remember" and that couldn't be more spot on. Just like ADTR, you'd see pop-punk sections with high pitched vocals suddenly turning into massive breakdowns and deep screaming vocals. Of course I loved it, and I wasn't the only one as they were the first band to really get the crowd moving. Again good stage presence for working with such a small stage since all the headlining gear was already set up. Would like to catch these guys again sometime, they put on a fun show. 8/10

Motionless In White - SO. FUCKING. EVIL. Ok not really, but these guys were the heaviest band on the tour and they put on one hell of a performance. I stood in the back like a pussy because I wanted to save my energy for the last 2 bands but I still found myself very entertained by their performance. They straight up look like 6 Marilyn Manson clones, and while their image may put off some, they more than make up for it with their music. Good sound from these guys, the mix could have been a tad better but I'm not really complaining. They also had a few stupid heavy bass drops during their set which I can never get enough of it seems. Crowd went absolutely crazy during their set, they really know how to get people moving and everybody seemed to respond to them. Great set though that really set the tone for the rest of the night. 8/10

The Word Alive - I'm not a big listener of these guys, but god damn do they ever bring it in a live setting. Really heavy stuff coming from this band that got everyone off their feet, including myself as I couldn't help but do a stage dive during the middle part of their set. Hardcore dancers kept their distance the whole night so being up front thankfully didn't involve having to watch for swinging arms. What did happen is a whole lot of stage diving though from what seemed like everyone, I got hard hit right in the face by something but luckily that's all that happened. The rest of their set was awesome though, they really know how to work the stage, every member was moving around all over the place and not to mention they still sounded spot on. So yeah, even if you don't really listen to them, check them out live if you ever get the chance, they don't disappoint. 8.5/10

Blessthefall - 3rd time seeing this band and it was by far the best show I've seen from them. Sound was great, stage presence/antics were fun to watch, and the production was of course much better now that they were actually headlining. Awesome setlist too as they played everything I wanted to hear from them including finishing with my favorite song of theirs "What's Left Of Me" which again I couldn't help but do another stage dive during that song. There was also one moment in the middle of the set where Beau passed out a whole carton of water bottles and told the crowd to open them but not drink or spill them. Then he said when the song kicks in that we were going to do the "sprinkler of death" where everyone would then spill their water bottle all over the crowd. This was probably the funnest moment of the set because everyone got soaked like no other, it's like I had jumped into a friggin pool. Then of course the song is going on so everyone is moving around and falling because the floor is so slippery, it was hilarious. Anyways, amazing set from these guys, I really can't wait to see them again. They're starting to become one of my favorites, I just cannot explain how fun their live shows are, you'd really have to see them for yourself. 9.25/10
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I like the word alive. Saw part of their set at warped tour 10. I would like to see blessthefall but if they came here this time of year and pulled the sprinkler of death shit I would find them a kick their ass after the show.
    I would like to see blessthefall but if they came here this time of year and pulled the sprinkler of death shit I would find them a kick their ass after the show.
    Lol, you know you can just make your way to the back if you don't like it.
    I'd rather cause violence.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Went to the Jagermeister tour last night.

first up were two local bands they were decent I would go see them again .

Skeletonwitch were up next I've heard nothing but good things about these guys and now i know why
    they were fucking great live. They played a great mix of songs from all of there albums. I hope i can see
    these guys again soon. setlist is as followed The funniest part of the set was when the lead singer was like this song's about not going to church before playing Repulsive Salvation.

Reduced To The Failure Of Prayer
    Erased And Forgotten
    Beyond The Permafrost
    This Horrifying Force (The Desire To Kill)
    Sacrifice For The Slaughtergod
    Repulsive Salvation
    Crushed Beyond Dust
    Choke Upon Betrayal
    Within My Blood

Chimaira were up next when they were setting up i meet Todd from here which was pretty cool. As far as Chimaira go they fucking tore it up these guys are one my favorite metal bands. This was the second time i've seen them since mayhem 10 and this time was way fucking better. The setlist was epic they played all of my favorite songs. my top five favorite songs they played were 1. The Flame 2. The Disappearing Sun 3. Clockwork 4.Destory and Dominate 5. Nothing remains. This was the last tour with Matt and Rob playing with Chimaira which is pretty crazy to think about since they have been with Chimaira for so long. The new guys in the band made them sound even better and they all looked like they were having a blast.

Age of Hell
    Clockwork
    Losing My Mind
    Power Trip
    Nothing Remains
    The Flame
    Pure Hatred
    Destory and Dominate
    Severed (with drum solo in middle of song)
    The Disappearing Sun
    Year of the Snake
    Born in Blood
    Resurrection

Unearth after how great Chimaira were i didn't think unearth could follow them up . Holy fuck was i wrong one of the craziest show's i've ever seen. This place held 200 people and about half of them were stagediving shit was fucking awesome. One of the best live bands on the planet. The set was really awesome i enjoyed it even more then when i saw them at mayhem. Can't wait to see them again.

Watch it Burn
    The Great Dividers
    Eyes of Black
    This Lying World
    Shadows In The Light
    Endless
    This Glorious Nightmare
    My Will Be Done
    Giles
    Zombie Autopilot
    Black Hearts Now Reigin