Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    at least i got to see my europe-only band play twice
    Um..............yours?

>:/
    qua?
    imageimage
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    i need to see the rammsteinz
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Oh. :)) And I remember you offered me a ticket and I couldn't go. :( Oh well. At least I got to see Kvelertak twice this year.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    yes, yes i did brittanie!
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Um..............yours?

qua?
    I believe they're MY favorite band.
    Oh well. :(
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Um..............yours?

qua?
    how many times did you see them?
    imageimage
    Um..............yours?

qua?
    how many times did you see them?
    I live in Texas :|
    and i live in new jersey
    im guessing you havent seen them at all?
    thought so

imageimage
    Doesn't make you more of a fan =;
    yes since i was willing to travel and spend mucho dinero on them :P
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I thought you got a free ticket AND ride lol
    I love winning with women
    edited November 2011
    :))
    I thought you got a free ticket AND ride lol
    edited November 2011
    no my dad payed for the tickets for both shows and mom/dad drove
    my couin and caitlin got the free rides and tickets

COULD HAVE BEEN YOU, BRITT!!!!!
    next time for sure
    imageimage
    I know. :( I had to go home. :(

And don't worry, you'll be going to shows more often when you're here.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Saints and sinners tour.

I had been looking forward to this since the day it was announced. All I cared about was seeing between the buried and me for the 2nd time. The first time I saw them was in 2006 at ozzfest before my all time favorite cd was released in colors.

I went down to the venue a little more than an hour before doors. The venue I was seeing that show at is only a few blocks from the UC campus and the west Virginia at UC game finished up a couple hours before I got to the venue. I realized very quickly parking was going to be difficult to find because of this and all the steelers fans in town for the game the next day. I waited behind someone to pull into a 5 dollar parking lot but got tired of waiting after a few minutes and went to search for another parking lot. As I passed in front of the venue I noticed someone was pulling out about 50 feet in front of me. Fucking score! Free parking spot all night right in front of the venue. I parked went to the ticket window and bought a ticket for august burns red figured I might as well so I can skip the fees online. Then got in line with about ten people in front of me. Waited an hour then went in to grab my spot on the rail front and center.

Tesseract
    I listened to part of maybe one song before I saw them. Thought it would be more interesting to fully judge them live and get a feel for their sound. It started off pretty cool but got boring pretty quick. I was not a fan of the vocals and the music just became very repetitive. They played for a half hour and I was pretty happy when they got off stage.

Animals as leaders
    Like tesseract I decided not to listen to any of their stuff before the show. All I knew was they are an instrumental band. All I can say is, is tosin some kind of advanced robot? Because there is no way a human can do what he was. If there is a god he wants his hands back from this dude. I couldn't take my eyes off the way he was playing that guitar. It held my attention the entire time and they had some cool visuals on the projection screens. I would definitely see them again.

Between the buried and me
    I am surprised by how popular they have become they had a venue almost completely full that bands like hatebreed and mudvayne sell out. It's a club but it's a pretty big club. They were perfect live I couldn't have asked for anything more. The setlist was great and I have never gone through the intensity that white walls brought to the crowd at a show before. I literally had to fight to hold my spot on the rail. I could have watched them play every song they have and stay interested. I bought their tour shirt for 20 bucks and talked to one of the guitarists. I told him the last time I saw them was ozzfest 06 and he said "that was a joke" I asked him why he thought that. He said that a band like theres isn't fit for a tour like that and it just seems the fans are there to hear endless breakdowns. I found this interesting. Either way I wouldn't expect them to ever play the big summer festivals based on this. In which they shouldn't they need long sets. I cannot wait to see them again.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Pop Evil/Theory of a Deadman/3 Doors Down
    Providence RI PPAC 11/12/11

Pop Evil: 3/10
    Their music obviously sucks ass but they had a lot of energy.

Theory of a Deadman: 6/10
    Great show especially if you appreciate their music for the generic radio rock it is. Everything sounded great.

3 Doors Down: 9/10
    Wonderful seeing these guys since they're the band that got me into music when I was a youngling. Had a nice long set and sounded phenomenal. I was at the back-ish of the venue for most of the show, but when the encore (Kryptonite/Believer/When I'm Gone) kicked in I walked straight up the aisle towards the stage and got pretty damn close.
    When I left the venue I called my mom for a ride, her friend answered and my mom was in the emergency room for OD'ing on Vicodin. Fuuuuuun tiiiiiiiimes.
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    When I left the venue I called my mom for a ride, her friend answered and my mom was in the emergency room for OD'ing on Vicodin. Fuuuuuun tiiiiiiiimes.
    :O

oh yeah

Pop Evil: 3/10
    Theory of a Deadman: 6/10

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?