Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Unearth was way better and that chimaira set was weak. Got my unearth setlist though \m/
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Unearth and Skeletonwitch are two bands I don't listen to as much as I should but I absolutely love them live. Always make sure to see either band when they come through.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    My only complaints about that chimaira set is they need to play more off the infection , S/T and Resurrection.
    The drummer started playing everything you love during the solo I wished they would have played it
    That's one of my favorite Chimaira songs. S/T has so many great songs they could of played. I am sure at Chimaira Christmas they will pull out of more off that album.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    My only complaints about that chimaira set is they need to play more off the infection , S/T and Resurrection.
    No they don't. They need to play all of impossibility of reason and that's it
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Bumpage.

Chimaira Christmas 12 at The HOB in Cleveland

I went with a couple friends and for the first three bands we sat down on some bar stools off to the side.

First up some local band called Rogue. Meh could've went without them, but they were better than the next two bands.

Up after them was The World We Knew. Seen em' twice already and didn't care for them, this time didn't change my mind.

Salt the Wound up to follow. Overall didn't really care for them. They also seemed like some dbags.

Finally up was Skeletonwitch. Around this time was when I was under the impression that me and my friends were going to hit the floor...not the case. They bitched out, one saying he didn't want to lose his glasses. I moseyed my way on over to the floor and up front for some Skeletonwith. I was hoping they'd get a longer set than the tour with Chimaira and Unearth, but looking at Adams set I'm pretty sure it was exactly that. It was a fucking great pace changer from the deathcore and hxc straight edge stuff before them. The first two times I saw them was on their own headlining tour, so the people there knew what they were getting into...I loved being in a place that big where a lot of the people hadn't heard them and seeing their reactions to "Now I want you to do three things, just three things for me. DRINK BEER. SMOKE WEED. and finally, EAT SOME FUCKING PUSSY"

After that I went back to where my friends where sitting..at this point I figured the one that was a Chimaira fan would actually get up and head to the floor...but no he bitched out. I figured what the hell maybe I'll just chill back there with them. I stayed for the Stoma and half of The Age of Hell before I realized it was boring as hell. Floor was packed a lot more than last year so it took some work but I eventually made it to one behind the rail. Not in order, but these are the songs I know they definitely played...Might have forgot one or two but I don't think so:

Stoma
    The Age of Hell
    The Venom Inside
    Secrets of the Dead
    The Disappearing Sun
    Destroy and Dominate
    Clockwork
    Losing My Mind
    Year of the Snake
    Born in Blood
    Nothing Remains
    Everything You Love
    Cleansation
    Power Trip
    Pure Hatred
    The Dehumanizing Process
    Severed
    Painting the White To Gray
    Resurrection
    The Flame

Show kicked ass, good seeing Rob Arnold and Matt DeVries kicking ass one last time. There was a Christmas "tree" on the stage and throughout the show and at the end they'd toss the ornaments in the crowd. Almost got one but no luck. Sucked though because last year they spent a good 15 minutes just throwing shit into the crowd, everything from keychains, stickers, picks, everything. This year it was just some picks. No complaints though. Mark also threw a Ron Paul sign that I had my fucking on but some big ass drunk guy used retard strength and ripped it away.
    image Photobucket
    It was also my first experience with wearing ear plugs at a show because I fucked up my right ear and didn't want to make it worse... At first I thought it sucked and I ended up taking the left one out during Skeletonwitch. But when Chimaira came on it wasn't so bad...except I could hear the people singing around me a tad bit clearer until I got closer to the front.
    image Photobucket
    I knew I should have went
    That set doesn't seem as impressive as last years. I'm glad I didn't go.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I was hoping they'd jam out to any of the instrumentals at the end...no luck.
    image Photobucket
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    Great show! I would say it's my favorite show I've seen from them. Only thing I disagree with is the guys from salt the wound were cool in person. We were just bs with them and they went and got us signed posters just cause. Pretty cool I think, wasn't a huge fan of their music but maybe on a cd. I was in front as well almost caught the RP sign but missed it, same fat fuck that took it from asshat. Ended up with a setlist 2 picks and an ornament. Hell of a night.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I love Chimaira but I found their Mayhem 2010 show underwhelming.
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    I was really excited for that year but I wasnt really impressed with anyone that I remember. They were all ok but nobody blew me away except log.
    Lol lamb of god were boring that year.

That was the year I got in a fight during hatebreed
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I was really excited for that year but I wasnt really impressed with anyone that I remember. They were all ok but nobody blew me away except log.
    A7X was added to my date so LOG was pushed back a slot, so they had a shorter set and weren't as loud as I expected (I was on the lawn).

I was blown the fuck away by Rob Zombie though. I'm not even a big fan of his music.
    The thing I liked about them on Mayhem is that's the only time I've heard Black Heart
    image Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    *awaiting alexs gin blossom review*