Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• PraisetheUPraisetheU Posts: 130
    Love em live, energetic as hell, appreciative of the fan support, drummer cant stay seated, I love it, Thats why i got em tattooed on my arm
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I think Nonpoint is amazing live. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them but I certainly wouldn't skip their set.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    Dying Fetus review

One of the best shows of 2010! Dying Fetus and Misery Index are two of the best death metal acts today!

Conducting From the Grave-Seriously my favorite deathcore band after tonight, they put on an incredible show that does not disappoint in anyway. I can truly see this band going places. 8/10

Annotations of an Autopsy- They were late and had to cut it short, They're not the worst band in the world but they could use some improvement here and there. They have a great vocalist if you ask me. 6/10

Misery Index- One of my favorite death metal bands because of how incredible their live act truly is. These guys can fucking play. They know how to leave a crowd satisfy and deserve more hype than they get IMO. 10/10

Arsis- Glad I finally got to see these guys live since they dropped out when I was going to see them open for Carcass. This band is great live and they entertain like no other. Great live melo death is all I can really say. 8/10

Dying Fetus-Other than Cannibal Corpse, this is my favorite Death Metal band of all time. They had the perfect setlist and the crowd was intense and everybody was into it. This is seriously one of the best death metal bands to see live. I got their setlist as well. 10/10

Praise the Lord (Opium of the Masses)
    Your Treachery Will Die With You
    Eviscerated Offspring
    Absolute Defiance
    Epidemic of Hate
    Homicidal Retribution
    Conceived into Enslavement
    Your Blood is my Wine
    Killing on Adrenaline
    One Shot One Kill
    Ethos of Coercion
    Skull Fucked
    Grotesque Impalement

ENCORE:
    Pissing on the Mainstream
    Kill your Mother/Rape your Dog

BONUS: I was talking to Sean Beasly earlier and he mentioned a North America tour in November opening for Cannibal Corpse!!!! fuck ya! be on the look out for that!

Things I got:
    Killing on Adrenaline $15
    Grotesque Impalement $15
    Purification Through Violence $15
    Dying Fetus shirt $15

I got John Gallagher and Jason Netherton to sign all three albums I had bought
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    I practice my lows based on what I hear from him
    which df shirt did ya get? the one i got had the word fucking on the back
    well they were all out of XXL and only had three shirts of XL so I got the Shepherd's Commandment shirt with the black bar over the popes's eyes
    Alright, I'm going to try my best on this one. Yesterday I went to the MMRBQ in Camden, NJ. Show started at 1:30 and ended at 10:45. The line up was killer.

Automatic Fire
    Great local band I've have the pleasure of seeing multiple times. They are the remnants of Silvertide.
    Set: What Are You Made Of?, Failed Parachute, Snitches/Time Bomb/Snitches

Dive
    Another Philly band. Less energy. Kinda sucky. 3rd time seeing them.

Skillet
    2nd time seeing them. They took forever to set up their stage, but it was worth it. They had cool ass risers that took the band members up in the air and smoke too.
    Highlight of their set: an acoustic cover of Metallica's "Enter Sandman".

Fuel
    First time seeing them. Brett Scallions sounded great. Surprised by Shinedown's original bassist Brad Stewart playing bass for them. We had to leave the pit and head to the lawn after Fuel. Highlight: Shimmer and Hemorrhage.

Three Days Grace
    They were the first "big" band on the bill. Everyone was settling into the lawn. I eventually made my way down along with my friends to the lawn pit. The pit was insane. It had been raining on and off all day so it was slippery and a bit muddy. I hopped in during "Just Like You" for an all-girl pit. All-girl pits are nasty. Fucking awesome though. They closed with "Riot" which literally caused a riot in the pit with security guards flying everywhere because guys were cracking their heads on the small patch of concrete the pit had drifted onto.

ALICE IN FUCKING CHAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They got on stage at 7:30. The band I had been looking forward to the most. I'm a bit sketchy on their set because I spent most of the time in the pit since it was nearly pointless to try to watch them. The first four songs were "Them Bones" "Damn That River" "Rain When I Die" and "Check My Brain". I hopped into the pit during "Check My Brain". Brutal. Ended up with a seriously bruised shoulder and a bent finger, but it was totally worth it. Another girl ended up with a black eye from a fight. They played all the hits, "Rooster", "Down In A Hole" "Bleed The Freak" and so much fucking more. They sounded utterly pristine. They left the stage at 8:45.

Stone Temple Pilots
    They hit the stage at 9:30. Opened with "Vasoline" and just played a string of amazing songs along with some new ones. Fireworks were going off during a few of the songs over the Delaware River. Scott Weiland sounded great until he had to speak, he was trashed. But he had no problem singing. They brought Jerry Cantrell on stage to play guitar for "Sex Type Thing". They left the stage then returned for a 2 song encore. For the first encore song, they brought up a fan from the crowd to sing the first few lines through the megaphone...my favorite STP song: "Dead and Bloated". Fucking amazing. The lawn was going nuts. Second encore song: "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart".

Show: 8/10
    Best band of the day: ALICE IN FUCKING CHAINS

kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Pretty amazing how Scott can sing all that shit perfectly then sound so out of it in between songs, huh? Haha.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Yeah, it was pretty hilarious. My dad got so trashed he passed out in the parking lot and only made it in for STP. He hopped the wall to the seats. Fucker.
    2 words. LIP SYNCHING. lol
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited May 2010
    Nope. You can tell he's live.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    He's always like that. The last two times I saw them, he was flawless during each song. It was just in between we didn't know what the fuck he was saying. He started blabbing about Area 51 during one show and completely lost everybody. I doubt Scott could pull off lip synching anyways.
    Scott was certainly babbling between songs.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Wait for it....
    NEW PAGE

NPH ftw