Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Totes bro
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Rex, that is AWESOME.

You finally saw em
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    im gonna write a full review of the night...but im pretty sure this now ranks number one on the list of best shows i have seen
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Adrenaline Mob Worcester Palladium aug 19th
    Adrenaline Mob kicked ass last night

here's their set list:

Flickr

all 5 members of the band kicked ass. All their original music was excellent. their covers kicked ass. 9/10
    one thing i forgot to mention, only 150 people showed up......low attendance for a supergroup with their talent level
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    A brief review of All Stars in Tempe from 8/18...

I fucking stood my spot on the rail for ten hours... my legs are still killing me.

Truth of Fiction - Meh. 6/10

Memphis May Fire - Meh. 6/10

For All Those Sleeping - Clean vocalist sounded like a little school girl. 4/10

Sleeping With Sirens - Meh 6/10

Attila - Interesting. Like a deathcore SOAD. 7/10

Chelsea Grin - Better than last time, but that's still not saying much. 6/10

Motionless In White - Shitty Marilyn Manson wannabe band to the max. 3/10

After the Burial - Best band of the night without a doubt. The only disappointment was that they didn't play Pendulum, but I can easily look past that. Bought a shirt and spoke with Anthony afterwards and penciled in the interview for October. I received word today that it will definitely happen :) 10/10

The Ghost Inside - Pretty fucking cool. 8.5/10

Born of Osiris - Very fucking cool. Moved around a lot during their set just as I did for ATB. 9/10

In This Moment - Aside from Maria getting super pissed at some people in the crowd, I enjoyed their set. 8/10

Iwrestledabearonce - Weird as shit band. I couldn't follow along to save my life. They played the Trololololololololololo song at the end of their set through the PA though, which gave me slight lulz inside. 7/10

Blessthefall - Fun to see. The crowd was really into them since they're from here. 7/10

Alesana - Meh. Yet again, another clean singer who sounds like a school girl. 4/10

Emmure - Surprisingly not bad at all. I would have been way more into their set if I wasn't tired as hell. I got the setlist from them in the end. They gave us an encore of 4 Poisons, 3 Words.

SWAG:

Front of picks:

Back of picks:
    I love winning with women
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    Adrenaline Mob Worcester Palladium aug 19th
    Adrenaline Mob kicked ass last night

here's their set list:

Flickr

all 5 members of the band kicked ass. All their original music was excellent. their covers kicked ass. 9/10

i jelly....

i jelly....
    Weird thing is that i am a big Russell and Mike P fan, but the person that impressed me the most is Mike Orlando. great guitarist

• DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    rele? nice. im not rele familiar with him, what band was he in again?
    rele? nice. im not rele familiar with him, what band was he in again?
    Sonic Stomp....does a lot of stuff for different guitar magazines and web sites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWHCHECfwg

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Amon Amarth 8/20

Fuckin' fun as hell. great entertainers, great sound, good show. i had a blast. dont really have any complaints tbh. great set. idk what it is but foreign bands always seem to be nice as hell. they seem like cool group of people. i've never seen them before and i was pretty impressed with their show. lead singer was pretty funny too. i forget what song it was but in the middle of the song he wanted the crowd to yell the words and after a couple attempts he's like "you dont have to know the words, its death metal, no one will know the difference anyway." LOL. some chick flashed her tits during the show but unfortunately for me i only got see side boob but side boob is better then no boob :-bd
    great entertainers. i always enjoy seeing bands have a good time up stage (smiling, laughing, joking around, interacting with the crowd, etc.) rather then bands who actually seem like they're just there because they have a job to do and dont really address the crowd or anything. i caught this after the show too

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

overall it was a great evening with amon amarth.

Sound = 9.5/10
    Show = 9.5/10
    Overall = 9.5/10
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Yeah jelly of that drumstick. I have a bfmv one :\
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't know how the hell alex get's all those picks and shit. For all the concerts I have been to I have gotten one pick.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    he flashes his tits
    imageimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    he flashes his tits
    LOOOLLL
    I don't know how the hell alex get's all those picks and shit. For all the concerts I have been to I have gotten one pick.
    you pretty much have to be in the right place at the right time. holding rail would increase your chances though. and asking for one always helps too lol.

"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    You got to be aggressive. Always have an eye out.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I lose picks after I get them. I know I've caught at least 5, but right now I only have the last one I caught. But I have a few drumsticks and setlists
    image Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I have one setlist...which I think is lost...one drumstuck and I think 7 picks
    imageimage