Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    edited August 2011
    Wait....you DIDN'T wear Ear Plugs for BITF?

And I know what you mean, that's what I thought when I saw Pop Evil.
    My friend said to me, "Whitesnake Called, they want their look back"
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    nope.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Pop Evil's music is weak but they put on a pretty good live show.
    Pop Evil's music is weak but they put on a pretty good live show.
    They were great live.
    nope.
    You best wear earplugs if you go see them with WITTR, bro. I warned you.
    Last year when i saw Chevelle 10 years didn't play so Pop Evil took there spot. I was pretty impressed with the live show.
    Last year when i saw Chevelle 10 years didn't play so Pop Evil took there spot. I was pretty impressed with the live show.
    Pop Evil and Egypt Central blew Sick Puppies off the stage. I would love to see 10 years
    I haven't really listened to Egypt Central are they any good.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Summer Slaughter

first of all, im going to name the bands i like on this tour in order to show that im being unbiased.
    1. The Black Dahlia Murder
    2. Whitechapel
    3. Darkest Hour
    4. As Blood Runs Black
    5. Within The Ruins
    i dont like the rest of the bands

Review

Within The Ruins - i enjoyed their set but it was nothing special tbh but it was nice to see them live for the first time. they're gonna get a little slack from me because they're the opening band on the tour.
    Sound = 5/5
    Show = 3.5/5
    Overall = 7/10

Oceano - i dont really like this band tbh but they sounded good and did a somewhat good job of trying to get the crowd pumped but the crowd wasn't that big for them. their singer is like a fuckin' guerilla on stage lol. IMO he can't really pull off the high pitched screams, it sounded pretty bad, he should just stick to the lower stuff. but im sure a fan of theirs woulda be pretty pleased with their show.
    *note: i was either off to the side or outside smoking during their set so i didnt get the full effect of their show.
    Sound = 4.5/5
    Show = ?
    Overall = ?

As Blood Runs Black - they were amazing. crowd went pretty crazy for them. singer was entertaining and got the crowd pumped. the wall of death at the end was pretty awesome too. they were defenitely the best band all the way up until Darkest Hour IMO. i was very impressed with them.
    *note: they recieved a little slack from me as well because they're one of the first few bands to play and i wouldn't expect them have a better show then bands like Darkest Hour but i was still very impressed by them.
    Sound = 5/5
    Show = 4/5
    Overall = 9/10

Powerglove - LOL i dont even know what to say about them. im not really a fan of theirs but their show was pretty fuckin' fun. the singer referred to their style as "video game metal", im not sure if he was serious or not but i thought that was pretty funny and it defenitely was video game metal lol. if you've seen/listened to them before you know what im talkin' about if you haven't, basically what they did was they took theme songs from classic video games and made them sound metal. they were the only band that used props i think, which was cool. at the end of the show the singer threw out some free starbursts LOL.
    Sound = 5/5
    Show = 4/5
    Overall = 8/10

Dying Fetus - im not a fan of theirs but they had good sound quality and a decent sized crowd going.
    *note: i was either off to the side sitting down or outside smoking during their set so i didnt get the full effect of their show.
    Sound = 5/5
    Show = ?
    Overall = ?

Six Feet Under - im not a fan of theirs either but they had a pretty good response from the crowd so i take it their fans enjoyed what they saw.
    *note: i was either off to the side sitting down or outside smoking during their set so i didnt get the full effect of their show.
    Sound = 5/5
    Show = ?
    Overall = ?

Darkest Hour - Holy shit! Best band of the day! I think it was my first time seeing them and they were amazing. great sound quality and best stage show IMO. It's amazing how blacklights, strobe lights, smoke, and other lights can enhance a show by so much and they made use of all of those things very well.
    Sound = 5/5
    Show = 5/5
    Overall = 10/10

Whitechapel - decent stage show and their sound seemed to be a little bit better then when i saw them in Feb. which was at the same venue lol. phil is a pretty good entertainer but he kind of half assed the wall of death. he failed to mention when to go (some singers say "on 3" or "as soon as this song picks back up", phil didn't say a word lol). most people didnt know wtf to do lol. a couple minor technical difficulties during their set but no big deal. i enjoyed seeing them again.
    Sound = 3.5/5
    Show = 4/5
    Overall = 7/10

The Black Dahlia Murder - it was very cool to see them for the first time. the crowd went crazy during their set. they had a lot of energy up on stage which was awesome. i thought it was hilarious when the dude in the ape costume came out on stage during Statutory Ape LOL. their sound quality was great but their stage show was nothing too special, dont get me wrong though i really enjoyed watching them but i would expect a better stage show from the headliner of an awesome summer tour.
    Sound = 5/5
    Show = 3.5/5
    Overall = 8.5/10

*also note: i do not average my "Sound" and "Show" scores to get the "Overall" score. the sound and show just influence me on my final decision for the overall score.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Did you see me in dat Powerglove pit? lol
    I love winning with women
    nah. what was with that "russian dance" that dude was talkin' about? lol
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    MOTHERFUCKING TETRIS!

And I was the only guy moshing during Pokemon lmao
    lol brutal
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

Dying Fetus - im not a fan of theirs but they had good sound quality and a decent sized crowd going.
    Sound = 5/5
    Show = ?
    Overall = ?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You guys didn't get Fleshgod? Why go?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    We had no idea they weren't showing up until we got there. Said they had van issues.
    Damn, that blows.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Yeah I was pretty let down.
    At least you saw them at the Arizona show
    Yeah definitely. I knew there was a reason behind going to two dates...
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    i'll post a review of summer slaughter tomorrow. im too fucking tired to do it right now