Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

Then the moment had finally come for them to play “Gotta Catch ‘Em All!” I was singing my heart out on this one and I don’t know if a lot were, but who cares.
    LIKE A BOSS.

That's what I do every time.
    I love winning with women

Then the moment had finally come for them to play “Gotta Catch ‘Em All!” I was singing my heart out on this one and I don’t know if a lot were, but who cares.
    LIKE A BOSS.

That's what I do every time.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

Dying Fetus- I’ve heard great things about these guys live from my friend George, so I was pretty stoked to see them. They hit the stage and the crowd went wild. The pits started opening up and it was insane. I jumped in and seemed to be one of the smallest (weight-based) people in there! 155lbs does not match up to most of the people in the pit, but I managed. Even though they don’t move around on stage, they still put a great show because of the crowd. They’re the ones who really make a Dying Fetus show fun in my opinion. If you’re looking to throw down then hit up a Dying Fetus show and I promise you won’t be disappointed. After their set I met John and got a picture with him. You were supposed have bought a shot glass, but I told him that I don’t drink and he was cool with that and still let me get a picture. 8/10
    DYINGGGGGGGGGGG FETUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Where's teh pics?

Dying Fetus- I’ve heard great things about these guys live from my friend George, so I was pretty stoked to see them. They hit the stage and the crowd went wild. The pits started opening up and it was insane. I jumped in and seemed to be one of the smallest (weight-based) people in there! 155lbs does not match up to most of the people in the pit, but I managed. Even though they don’t move around on stage, they still put a great show because of the crowd. They’re the ones who really make a Dying Fetus show fun in my opinion. If you’re looking to throw down then hit up a Dying Fetus show and I promise you won’t be disappointed. After their set I met John and got a picture with him. You were supposed have bought a shot glass, but I told him that I don’t drink and he was cool with that and still let me get a picture. 8/10
    DYINGGGGGGGGGGG FETUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Where's teh pics?
    Here are just a few
    edited August 2011
    I don't think that you'll need glasses for these
    EDIT: they were resized
    Post edited by 1D_for_life on
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Good review Kyle! Wish I could have been able to go.
    Good review Kyle! Wish I could have been able to go.
    Thanks! You should have gone. 'Twas a lot of fun
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    i know i still haven't gotten to my review...i have been so busy at work but i have a 3 day weekend this weekend and i will finish it up and post it but here are some videos from the show...i don't know how they sound cause i had to watch them on a phone but here

im the guy in the middle at 2:15 in the hat on the rail head banging

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDgbui7zSnI

this was taken i believe 2-3 people from my right...i was right in front of where jamie was most of the time lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4bwya4hWo

from the same person 2-3 people to my right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAr_UNa3pc0

im sure its not great quality...but its still awesome being able to relive the show

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Mr Big Showcase Live Foxboro,MA 08/24/11

I highly recommend seeing these guys. even if you don't care for their music, just seeing Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert play live is a treat.

Venue was packed and loud, packed an hour before the opener went on. never seen SCL get that packed that quick....

Dirty Pearls - Sleeze rock band from New York. played a 40 minute set, and not bad. dug their set. 6/10

Mr Big - played a 2 hour +, awesome set. the interaction being Paul Gilbert's guitar and Billy Sheehan's bass playing was unbelievable. set list can be seen, if you look close enough, below. light guy kept it :(

the ???'s on the set list was a cover of Smoke on the Water (where they alternated instruments, Gilbert on drums, sheehan sang then played lead guitar, etc...) and Shy Boy. 10/10

This was my last concert until after the baby is born. i think i really picked a good one. :)
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    alright man ill do it right now...give me like 20 lol
    dude i literally fucking had 1300 words...was about 2/3 of the way threw it and the shit froze...im not re writing it now man...i will do it tomorrow after work i give you my word...im so pissed man...i had been writing in detail the whole time...ERRRRRRRRr
    im really sorry dude....i was typing for like an hour....i just don't wanna restart right now...but i promise i will get it to you and it will be an epic review
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    Mr Big Showcase Live Foxboro,MA 08/24/11

I highly recommend seeing these guys. even if you don't care for their music, just seeing Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert play live is a treat.

Venue was packed and loud, packed an hour before the opener went on. never seen SCL get that packed that quick....

Dirty Pearls - Sleeze rock band from New York. played a 40 minute set, and not bad. dug their set. 6/10

Mr Big - played a 2 hour +, awesome set. the interaction being Paul Gilbert's guitar and Billy Sheehan's bass playing was unbelievable. set list can be seen, if you look close enough, below. light guy kept it :(

the ???'s on the set list was a cover of Smoke on the Water (where they alternated instruments, Gilbert on drums, sheehan sang then played lead guitar, etc...) and Shy Boy. 10/10

This was my last concert until after the baby is born. i think i really picked a good one. :)
    saw them in sf a few weeks ago, amazing show \m/ front row, and paul handed me a pick :D
    sucked that they didnt do baba o'riley tho :(