Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    I had to read a review of the show because Rex never seems to know what the fuck he's talking about. Of course, nothing shocking found here....

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/08/review_stone_temple_pilots_suc.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    rex thought he was at the zoo for the first hour
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    rex thought he was at the zoo for the first hour
    That giraffe sounded a lot like Scott Weiland
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    so seen STP tonight....they didn't play wicked garden....dead and bloated...and a number of other hits...fuck them....im glad ladies at the show wanted to party
    I call bullshit. Every single set I can find from STP's tour is this....

Crackerman
    Wicked Garden
    Vasoline
    Heaven and Hot Rods
    Between the Lines
    Hickory Dichotomy
    Still Remains
    Big Empty
    Silvergun Superman
    Plush
    Interstate Love Song
    Big Bang Baby
    Down
    Sex Type Thing
    -----------------------
    Dead & Bloated
    Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart

Sometimes they have to cut Dead and Bloated.....but that's usually the set. I find it hard to believe that they would deviate from it for one show.
    I had to read a review of the show because Rex never seems to know what the fuck he's talking about. Of course, nothing shocking found here....

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/08/review_stone_temple_pilots_suc.html
    i don't care what that reviewer said i was there...they didn't play sex type thing, wicked garden....and the fact that dead and bloated was no where to be found was bullshit

the highlight of the night was when they first came on a pit started after that...the best part was the hot blond i met dancing and singing the songs with me....but for seeing them for the first time and them not playing the songs was disappointing
    and i never said they were bad...they sounded great...but overall it was a dissapointment...and this is the most sober i have been at a show since i have started drinking lol
    i reviewed it in my head and they did play sex type thing...i had went to take a piss at the time tho so thats why i didn't initially remember it lol...but in total they played 2 songs off the first album...3 short of what it should be either way...oh well i will have to see them when its not an outdoor festival
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    So mayhem owned, the weather definitely took a toll on me. Unearth stole the show and got to sing watch it burn, twas awesome. Full review later.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So mayhem owned, the weather definitely took a toll on me. Unearth stole the show and got to sing watch it burn, twas awesome. Full review later.
    Welcome to Texas! :-D
    were you buttsmecked?
    Mayhemfest 7/10/11
    Dallas, Texas

So first off lets start with the story of how i made it there. My cousin was supposed to take me but she is in the army and some kids in here unit went to Dallas and got killed in a drunk driving accident so she got put on lockdown. So with no ride i was pretty bummed so i decided to take Wake's advise and ask for a ride on the official forumz. Luckily someone replied that lives like 5-10 minutes away from where I'm staying, small world. But the dudes i went with were pretty cool other than one who was kind of a douche and said epic way too much. Anyway the bands...

Upon a Burning Body: first band i saw that day, meh to me. Generic deathcore, their breakdowns had me headbanging but i wasn't a very big fan, pretty sure i saw Arlo headbanging on the rail lol. 4/10

Straight Line Stitch- pretty fucking lame, the only good part was when Jasta came out. I tried to not move too much with the bands I didn't want to see because of the heat. Hopefully i never see these guys(and girl) again. 3/10

Red Fang- Since it was so hot i just hung out in some shade and watched from the back, i liked what i heard even though i wasn't a fan going in. They sounded tight as a band and I'm glad that a band like this made it on to Mayhem. I might check these guys out again. 5/10

All Shall Perish- First band i actually wanted to see. Very good crowd reaction, sounded really good. Wage Slaves was fuckin sexy the crowd went ape shit for it. But my favorite song they played was procession of ashes. I went nuts, it was the first time that day that i had actually moshed hard and damn did it feel good to relieve some of my frustration. I can't wait to see these guys with The Black Dahlia Murder. 7/10

Kingdom of Sorrow- One of my most anticipated of the day for me. Jamey always knows how to get the crowd into it. I started pretty much every pit haha. I really wish they would have played envision the divide, thats my favorite song by them, by far. But everything they played was great especially: buried in black, begging for the truth, monuments of ash. I had the claw of doom up many times haha. Can't wait to see them again too. 8/10

Suicide Silence- I didn't watch these guys but i wanted to review them because their bass drops were fucking sexy. I wasn't even close to the stage and i could feel them. Singer was annoying as fuck. 2/10 for bass drops lol

Unearth- band i most wanted to see. Before they went on i was standing by the rail to the left of the stage and Trevor came out and i gave him the horns and he just said, "get in the fucking pit" all i said was "fuck yeah". when they went on i went nuts and he definitely noticed cause i saw him staring at me lol. The intro to My Will Be Done was so awesome, i love that song. I was headbanging and moshing the whole time(comes into play later). They did a wall of death and of course like an idiot i stood in the middle of it lol. Trevor pointed right at me when i was until the crowd just owned me haha. When the played Watch It Burn he got up on the barrier and started singing and i crowd surfed up and he grabbed onto me and stuck the mic in my face and i got to yell WATCH IT BURN into the mic it was awesome. After i got back from crowd surfing i got rail for the rest of the set and it was fucking awesome, stole the show for me without a fucking doubt. After the set was over he was throwing me a setlist and the wind took it two people over but the kid that got it was nice enough to give it to me, but THIS STUPID FUCKING CUNT IN THE MIDDLE OF US TOOK IT RIGHT OUT OF THE KIDS HAND WHILE HE WAS HANDING IT TO ME AND TOOK IT FOR HERSELF I WAS LIKE WTF ARE YOU DOING. Closest i have ever been to punching a stupid cunt in the face. Then Trevor saw i didn't get one and tried to get me another one and the security guard watched him throw it to me. It landed in between the barrier and the stage and the fucking security guard just chucked it into the guard i was like fuck you bitch. Anyway Unearth owned best band of the day. 11/10

Machine Fucking Head- I was really looking forward to these guys but the heat was taking its toll on me and i could feel it during Unearth. I got right up to the front and about 3 songs in a felt like i was going to faint. I asked the security guard if he had any water i could have a drink of he said no. So i told myself i had to gtfo or i was going to faint. When i got over the rail, i saw 2 full bottles of water. i flipped him off and went on my way. So since i wasn't feeling good i decided i would go wait in line to meet Unearth. Machine head sounded great except a couple mic issues during Halo. I'll definitely need to see these guys again when I'm not about to die. 6/10

Trivium- boring as shit sat down on the lawn the whole time. 4/10

Megadeth- What can be said, it's Megadeth. I thought they sounded great and their were some huge pits on the lawn for them. My only complaint about them is they only played 5 fucking songs. But they sounded great and played great too. 8.5/10

All in all it was a great day. I meant some cool new people too haha. I got a bunch of stickers, a machine head poster, a megadeth poster, 2 kingdom of sorrow picks, and an Unearth pic. I should have got an Unearth setlist. Anyway it was fun as fuck I can't wait for next year.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Megadeth- What can be said, it's Megadeth. I thought they sounded great and their were some huge pits on the lawn for them. My only complaint about them is they only played 5 fucking songs. But they sounded great and played great too. 8.5/10
    :(

Did Dave say what was wrong with him? I read he was injured.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    No he just said his body was messed up he said the doctors also told him to go home and not finish the tour
    That sucks. :( I'm sorry they cut the set.
    I thought they were kidding and they just never came back on stage
    I heard it was something to do with his arm.....I just hope they can finish up the tour without making it worse.
    so alice cooper played rock on the rapids tonight.....i have seen a lot of shows....and he played so many songs i can't name a set list....but as a metal head who has seen a lot of shows he ranks in my top 4-5 shows ever...was amazing!!!!! ^:)^ \m/
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    So did Megadeth drop off?
    Idk they were in Dallas idk if they are doing the rest of the tour