Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Nice reviews \m/
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited August 2011
    Mayhem Fest -8/5/11 in Chicago

This was my fourth Mayhem fest and by far the funniest one yet. Me and my dad uncle and friend victor left for chicago at 8 am. The traffic was horrible i would hate to suffer thru that everyday.
    Once we got to chicago we went to bdubs best pre concert place ever. We went to the venue around 130 right after doors opened.

The first band was the local band from chicago Seven Years Existence. I didn't end up watching them because we were walking around the venue. But from what i heard they sounded good i will check them out next time they are around. After that we waited in line for what we thought was the free rockstar tent lol it took us a mintue to figure out it was the machine head line. Then after we figured that out we said fuck it and grabbed a couple of energy drinks. The line for machine head took forever.

SLS were the second band up these guys are that good live. But the chick singer is sexy and they have ex guitar player from darkest hour who is awesome. The screams were weak and the clean signing was like talking. ill give them a 4 out of 10 because jamey from hatebreed was on stage with them for the last song.

Red Fang I didn't like these guys before mayhem But they ruled awesome stoner metal band.
    I wish i would of had some weed when they played. I am downloading both of their cd's right now.
    8/10

All Shall Perish i love there new album one of my favorites of this year. I enjoyed them i need to see them again the new song's were way better then the old shit. Heavy as fuck live i hope they come around soon. 7/10

Kingdom Of Sorrow Holy fuck these guys were the best band of the day. Crazy ass pits loud as hell they played a great set. Jamey and Krik together was fucking sweet. I couldn't even talk after there set from screaming all the words to there whole set. 10/10

Sucide Silence I've seen these motherfuckers 5 times now they are pretty sweet live.
    I was looking at merch for most of there set because i've seen them so many times.
    best part about there set was the new song's. 6/10

UNEARTH First time seeing these guys fucking killed it live. The set was great they pulled out Arise the Warcry which was awesome. I love these guys and can't wait till i see them again. 9/10

The fill in band didn't watch them but my dad said they were fucking great.
    haha we lost my dad for 4 hours he was the biggest motherfucker there and we couldn't
    fucking find him haha good shit.

me and my friend got a free vip tour which was awesome. We saw david from disturbed walking his dogs and we saw dan from disturbed. It was pretty fucking cool.

Machine Fucking Head Fourth time seeing them what a great show and great set.
    They were the best opening mainstage band at mayhem so far. The new song was fucking awesome live can't wait till i see them again soon. 10/10

Megadeth i loved them the last time i saw them this time they were kinda boring.
    but chris the guitar player was awesome as shit. 7/10

Godsmack I've seen these guys before and they were even better this time.
    The second best band on the mainstage forsure. 9/10

Disturbed I've seen them 4 times to but i knew this was the last time i would see them for awhile.
    They started off kinda weak but once they hit the meldely of songs from the sickness
    they murdered it. 7/10

Another great fucking year can't wait for next year.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Red Fang I didn't like these guys before mayhem But they ruled awesome stoner metal band.
    I wish i would of had some weed when they played. I am downloading both of their cd's right now.
    8/10
    Now that's what I'm talking about! \m/
    Hatebreed?
    I love hatebreed to death but i got a free vip tour and bracelet during there set.
    But KOS were just as good .
    Hatebreed?
    I love hatebreed to death but i got a free vip tour and bracelet during there set.

6621.png 151.7K
    I know i am mad i missed them but i got a free vip tour.

jm, glad you had fun man \m/
    I did buy a hatewear shirt .

Photobucket \m/
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    I know i am mad i missed them but i got a free vip tour.
    [-( image
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    LOL Rex.....what the fuck is that? :)) :)) :))
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Red Fang hung out with us after their set. We had several rotations going on the bus. Kirk and Jamey both stopped by and visited for a while before and after the gates were open. Ken from Unearth and Justin Foley, who was filling in on drums for Unearth also stopped by for a beer and a hello. The Jager stage was most definitely the place to be. We did venture over to the other stage for All Shall Perish. I wasn't very impressed but the singer from SYE, Luke was having his fan boy moment of the day. I had my fan boy moment later on when we met Dave Mustaine. Also met Sully Erna, again not impressed. All in all the day was very long(we got to the venue at 9am for load in and soundcheck), very hot, and one hell of alot of fun. We destroyed 5 30 packs of beer, 2 fifths of Jager, about a half ounce of weed, and a bazillion brain cells.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Hatebreed?
    Areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I vow never to miss a Hatebreed show because every time I see them they fucking blow me away.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    lol i have no idea..... looked like adam and eve being kicked the fuck out to me..don't konw what is up with the cat tho :-))
    It's ceiling cat, duh.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Summer Slaughter 2011

Got there perfectly on time when Within The RUins was long gone and Fleshgod was setting up. Crowd was a bunch of "cool kids" which was pretty gay. LAX, they did have BDM patches. Anywho

Fleshgod Apocalypse - Sick as fuck. Got cut off after Thru Our Scars but they were awesome. Great way to kick off the show. Sound was a little blended for them but their performance cancelled that out. Fucking awesome band I will definitely see again.

As Blood Runs Black - Boring. Scenies went nuts for them. Low point of the set was them saying "Time to bring the mother fucking ruckus" before a breakdown, which I soon found out was actually the lyrics during the breakdown. Extremely gay part by an extremely boring band.

Oceano - Holy fucking shit worst band I have ever had to deal with, their overtriggered drummer couldn't even keep his double bass consistent

Powerglove - They were cool but I got tired of them pretty quickly. Crowd interaction was fun, crowd went nuts for them.

Dying Fetus - Best band of the night (as expected). Some asshole threw up in the middle of the pit during their set, didn't even try to stop. People at first avoided it but eventually wiped it up with a shirt and slid through it and whatever. Gross but funny. They couldn't play their last song because they didn't have enough time, so they played Kill Your Mother/Rape Your Dog. \m/

Six Feet Under - Second best band of the night. I was worried they would suck (mainly Barnes) but they were heavy as fuck. A couple of the times Barnes did his squealing it was a bit irritating but most of the time it was cool. The new lineup is solid and I hope they come back.

After their set, I got in line to meet Barnes during Darkest Hour. What I heard was ok but whatever. Shook Chris' hand and he signed my Maximum Violence cd booklet (which got fucked up after being in my pocket all day in the heat. Thankfully it didn't melt but it got all bent and whatever)

Whitechapel - Sucked. Played almost all new stuff and Phil has to rely on heavy reverb and delay because he can't replicate his ridiculously overdubbed vocals live. Their set was boring as fuck and was a buzzkill after DF/SFU

Talked to the bassist and John from Dying Fetus briefly. John said they won't be back until next year, and they're going to record their new album in November.

TBDM - Good stuff. Their set was solid for the most part, but I don't like them playing Funeral Thirst last. They should've kept it like last time where they opened with it and then closed with I Will Return (which was weird to have as the third to last song)

nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Summer Slaughter 2011
    LAX, they did have BDM patches.
    Awesome! Thank you and nice review. I can't wait wait until the Dallas show it's gonna be sick \m/
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Duh, Adam and Eve getting banished from the garden of Eden.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Duh, Adam and Eve getting banished from the garden of Eden.
    By ceiling cat