Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited August 2011
    I'll post my review tomorrow night of the Camden show last night, but I'll post the video I took of Godsmack. Sorry for the weird angles, but my hand was hurting like a bitch. Took it from 3rd row pit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1HxDUDeEmE
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    I'll post my review tomorrow night of the Camden show last night, but I'll post the video I took of Godsmack. Sorry for the weird angles, but my hand was hurting like a bitch. Took it from 3rd row pit.

i have 1 or 2 short videos of it, but they wont show up on my computer when i put the memory card in but theyll show up on the camera
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    Best selling album of all time is Thriller by Michael Jackson.

And you're right, it's all a matter of opinion. And my opinion is that AC/DC is on overglorified, shitty band that writes shitty songs.

And if record sales for a new artist don't mean anything, why should they mean anything for an older artist? Chances are that the majority of those sales came about their hey-day, not in the past 10 years or so.

As I've said, I acknowledge that their music is loved by almost every band I listen to and that it inspires them. But I still think they write terrible music.
    oh yeah thats right.. well its something similar, i dont remember the exact title.
    well true, but still, ablums dont sell like that anymore, and thats partly jsut the music indistry, but new technology has even helped old bands like them, so its impressive either way.
    but hey, theyre still not as bad as kiss. while angus young is no guitar god, he still wrote some good licks. thunderstruck is good

i have 1 or 2 short videos of it, but they wont show up on my computer when i put the memory card in but theyll show up on the camera
    That's odd. Mine was from my iPhone. It was a bitch holding that thing for almost 10 minutes while trying to avoid being knocked over.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I still find it odd as fuck that JFAC covered Total Satan but props to them for liking good music
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Angus knows 4 chords tops, and vocalist sucks dick.

And being an inspirational band doesn't mean shit. We've gone over this before. I acknowledge that they've had a huge impact on the music world, but I don't think their music is good. Just because other people like them doesn't mean I should. Going by that logic, we're all dumbfucks for not liking artists like Madona or ABBA
    I like ABBA....
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Summer Slaughter AZ

Amazing time. Oddly enough, this was my first Summer Slaughter, and it was the first time it was NOT held at Marquee, but rather this place...

Believe it or not, nobody jumped off the rooftops. And security and everyone there was super chill too (unlike Marquee), so this is definitely one of my favorite venues now.

Within The Ruins - I was very impressed. Aside from the two-steppers, that is. So impressed, that I went over and hung out with the merch dude, AJ, for the majority of SS. He said he's gonna try and get me in on the Within The Ruins guest list for the NJ date. If your SS date is before the 14th, stop by the booth and tell him I said hello. 8/10

Fleshgod Apocalypse - Awesome! They put on a hell of a show and really got the crowd going. I only got a couple pics since I was in the pit for a good amount of their set. 9/10

Oceano - Meh... I wasn't impressed, but I can't exactly say I was expecting to be. Their singer is really nice, though. 5/10

As Blood Runs Black - Another band that got the crowd really going. They weren't exactly out of the ordinary, but they impressed me a bit more than I expected, so yeah. 7/10

POWER-FUCKING-GLOVE - Haters gonna hate, but they were the best band there by far. They get better and funnier each time I see them. As it has been each time I've seen them, I started the pit for every song :D I fucking love these guys so much and I'll see them each and every time they come to the Phoenix area (or wherever I am). 12/10

Dying Fetus - Wow... incredibly impressive. Easily the second best band of the night. The crowd got way into them and the pit opened up like hell. I didn't get very good photos of their set because I was in the pit so much. 10/10

Six Feet Under - Better than expected, but still not very good. The singer does this high pitched chirp thing which I completely forgot about and was really annoying. 6/10

Darkest Hour - Another very impressive band. They got a so-so response from the crowd, but I loved every minute of their set. Caught a pick from them too :D 9/10

Whitechapel - They seem to get worse each time I see them. Maybe it's because this was my sixth time seeing them, but whatever. 6/10

The Black Dahlia Murder - Second time seeing them, and I was just as blown away. They did an awesome job and got an insane response from the crowd. I nearly passed out from screaming all the words to "What A Horrible Nigh To Have A Curse." In the end, I got the rail for the final few songs after being in the pit and got two guitar picks :D 10/10

Photoz:

I love winning with women
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :-( That took time...
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    But the lead singer for TBDM.. shirtless.. im eating.. :0&
    But the lead singer for TBDM.. shirtless.. im eating.. :0&
    It was a BDM review... you should have expected that :P
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I spy an Anal Cunt shirt in one of the pics.

Also, fuck you for liking Within The Ruins and Powerglove.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    too many pics ill come back to this thread after a page turn
    Just f5 lol
    FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I spy an Anal Cunt shirt in one of the pics.

Also, fuck you for liking Within The Ruins and Powerglove.
    Y U NO LIKE POWERGLOVE?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Powerglove :X
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    Mayhem Festival-Camden, NJ-7/31/11

So, I bought pit tickets. My family was moving that day, so my brother bailed and I sold his ticket to my ex. Because of the move, I didn't show up till 4:00, right when Suicide Silence came on. I checked out the merch booths during SS, got a Megadeth shirt for $30 (even though it was labeled for $35) and I made my way over to the one stage to wait for Unearth to come on.

Unearth-I love Unearth, but I have seen then 6 times before so I watched the first two songs than went to wait for Machine Head. So, I won't rate them. They sounded GREAT, but I didn't watch them.

MACHINE FUCKING HEAD-I made my way up to third row by following the drunk guy. Hah. My 5th time seeing Machine Head and they never every disappoint. Best band of the day. 10/10

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Trivium-Went and got my wristband. My 5th or 6th time seeing Trivium. They sounded good, but the crowd wasn't really to into them. The best part of them, the drunk ginger that kept falling over in the pit. 7/10

Photobucket
    Photobucket