Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Airbourne is not awesome and nobody cares about your reviews at this point.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You don't have to read them.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I was excited to read about hell on earth tour........... A week and a half ago
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I spy with my little eye, something green that lives under a bridge....

It loses it's intrigue when you wait
    Because I don't like airbourne? Makes sense, the fuck out
    It loses it's intrigue when you wait
    This is true, however Courtney and Brandon posted more than adequate reviews on the show in question.
    I spy with my little eye, something green that lives under a bridge....

:))
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    ill post a review i did last year and you can tell me if its good enough for you.
    Is this good enough for you people complaining?

Job For A Cowboy-- Richmond, VA -- December 19th, 2010
    Line-up:
    Strike The Cord
    Burn Seraph
    Misery Index
    Skeletonwitch
    Job For A Cowboy

Attended with: My Father

Merchandise: skeletonwitch cd ‘breathing the fire’, misery index cd ‘heirs to thievery’, skeletonwitch beer koozie, job for a cowboy t-shirt, misery index t-shirt, skeletonwitch t-shirt

Autographs: skeletonwitch, job for a cowboy (except the singer)

This was my first show at the Canal Club. The Doors opened at The Canal Club at 5:00 p.m. and the first band went on about 5:45.

The first band to go on was a Richmond, VA local band called Strike The Cord, They were fairly good they had the normal metalcore sound you would expect from a band like that.

The 2nd band was Burn Seraph, I can’t really place a sound on them, nor do I have their set list. They put on a very good show. I recommend them though.

Then came Misery Index. I got right up against the stage for them. They put on the 2nd best show of the night, they really know how to interact with the crowd and get them pumped up. The crowd on the other hand was not very good. Everyone Just kind of stood around and bobbed their heads, I on the other hand went crazy headbanging, beating the stage, moshing, you name it I probably did it. The only songs I can remember them playing was ‘Conquistadores’ and 'The Spectator'.

Now onto Skeletonwitch. They were BY FAR the best band that night. When I arrived at the club, me and my dad sat down at a table, little did I know we were sitting behind the guys from skeletonwitch. I was quite star struck. I have been wanting to see/meet them for around 3 years, but I waited to talk to them until after their set. They came on and hyped up the crowd first, told a little story about how they recorded their latest album in Richmond. Their stage show consisted of some fog and a couple strobe lights not much. I was fortunate enough to be able to have the vocalist hand me the setlist (which I later got autographed by the whole band). The crowd during them was also the best of the night.

Their full setlist for the night was from opener to closer:
    Submit To The Suffering
    Blinding Black Rage
    Upon Wings Of Black
    Despoiler Of Human Life
    Strangled By Unseen Hands
    Sacrifice For The Slaughtergod
    Beyond The Permafrost
    Stand Fight And Die
    Skullsplitter
    Crushed Beyond Dust
    Repulsive Salvation
    Vengeance Will Be Mine
    Within My Blood

Onto Job For A Cowboy, Their bus broke down at some point during the tour so they didn’t have 85% of their equipment. They had great sound nonetheless. Crowd Reaction was awesome. I cant really say a whole lot about them because they didn’t have all the stuff they needed. I do not have the full setlist but I do remember some songs.**

**THESE ARE NOT IN ORDER

Job For A Cowboy played:
    Unfurling A Darkened Gospel
    Entombment Of A Machine
    Embedded
    Constitutional Masturbation
    Ruination ???
    Total Satan (Cover Song) (original was by the band ‘The Crown’)

After their set the guitarist stayed on stage and talked to some people, I took a piece of paper and got the guys to sign it, but unfortunately the singer was nowhere to be found. I was able to get the guitarists pick so that was a plus. All in all it was a fantastic show

ive got 2 skeletonwitch songs in 1 video, and 1 misery index video.

Skeletonwitch Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKyDYoHkgUg

Misery Index Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2S_-FnOsGE
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Airbourne is not awesome
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Airbourne is not awesome
    <_>
    Airbourne is not awesome
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Was that the show where you asked one of the members whether they were on Mayhem?
    Was that the show where you asked one of the members whether they were on Mayhem?
    yeah
    ive got pics from mayhem. i have about 200 on facebook. but i only picked these few to show you.

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Airbourne is not awesome
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    airbourne blows
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    stuffz
    just send me a friend request. facebook.com/dan.bettencourt