Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Streets went full retard
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Kingdom Of Sorrow:
    I was meeting Trivium (BTW: they are doing a 1 1/2 month tour starting next month with Dream Theater) so i didnt watch them. but what i heard was pretty awesome and im not very familiar with their stuff so i didnt recognize any of the songs.
    4/10

Pretty awesome gets a 4 out of 10? The fuck?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    Kingdom Of Sorrow:
    I was meeting Trivium (BTW: they are doing a 1 1/2 month tour starting next month with Dream Theater) so i didnt watch them. but what i heard was pretty awesome and im not very familiar with their stuff so i didnt recognize any of the songs.
    4/10

Pretty awesome gets a 4 out of 10? The fuck?
    only because i wasnt watching. if i was watching it would have been probably an 8
    Then rate them on what you heard. That'd be like me liking the 5 minutes I saw of a stand up special and giving it a 1 out of 5.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    listen i have high standards when it comes to shows. that's my rating if you don't like it then ..... image
    Understandable. If you can get past the music, the reviewing can begin.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The reviewing can begin when people lrn2review. Sorry, but "OMG I WAS STANDING _____ while ____ played. It was so awesome they ruled!!!!" or "I was in line for more than 50% of the day and half assed listening to A, B, and C" doesn't exactly qualify for a review at all. That's just shit. No one gives a fuck where you were or how closely you paid attention or how much of a fanboy you are, give us details about the band playing mixed in with events that occurred.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I'll review Mayhem tomorrow night. I only saw 5 1/2 bands, but it kicked my ass because I had pit. Got over 200 pictures and a Shannon Larkin drumstick.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Review of Summer Slaughter coming tomorrow. I had an epic fucking time..
    I love winning with women
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    and a Shannon Larkin drumstick.
    :O \m/
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The reviewing can begin when people lrn2review. Sorry, but "OMG I WAS STANDING _____ while ____ played. It was so awesome they ruled!!!!" or "I was in line for more than 50% of the day and half assed listening to A, B, and C" doesn't exactly qualify for a review at all. That's just shit. No one gives a fuck where you were or how closely you paid attention or how much of a fanboy you are, give us details about the band playing mixed in with events that occurred.
    Yeah, why do people go to fests just to stand in long lines all day and meet bands you can meet and actually talk to for a while at smaller venues when they come back around. Makes no sense to me to pay money to stand in line all day.
    edited August 2011
    Double post fail...
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah, why do people go to fests just to stand in long lines all day and meet bands you can meet and actually talk to for a while at smaller venues when they come back around. Makes no sense to me to pay money to stand in line all day.
    yeah i dont do that anymore and i doubt i'll ever do it again because i hate carrying stuff around all day and plus i missed Norma Jean's entire set last year cause i was waiting in line to meet ITM and i was near the front of the line.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    edited August 2011
    Anvil - Middle eat in Boston 7/31/11

Razormaze - 6 song set for this boston area thrash metal band. Sounded great, like the last couple times i've seen em. Played the same set as the last 2 times i saw them. 8/10

Riff Cannon - local Boston band, sludge metal. every song sounded like a run on of each other. Sounded like a less talented version of clutch. 5/10

Anvil - Played a 16 song, 90 minute set, sounded awesome. One of my favorite performances of the year. set list below. 9/10

Post edited by laurjohn2 on
    edited August 2011
    I've only done that once and it was for Cannibal Corpse

Missed JFAC and God Forbid. OH NOES
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited August 2011
    Last year at mayhem i met Chimaira and ended up missing hatebreed. I am not doing that again.
    I've done it a few times before too throughout the years, but I never spent the entire day missing almost every band in line waiting to meet people.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    iv never really cared about meeting bands or famous people for that matter....if i happen to run into them at some point while im at a show awesome...but im not standing in any line just to meet someone...that is gay
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    iv never really cared about meeting bands or famous people for that matter....if i happen to run into them at some point while im at a show awesome...but im not standing in any line just to meet someone...that is gay
    do you think a wearing a dress to stand in line to meet Kerry King is ghey?

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    lol its just my personal opinion...if other people want to do it i don't give a shit....my main reason for not doing it is i hate standing in lines...for anything...i would pay extra money just to have to not stand in lines like normal people if i could...that and i am not going to stand in line to meet a person, unless maybe that person was like barry sanders, or bono, just so i could tell him how much he is a fag and sucks

as for the dress...no i thought that was hilarious! lol