Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dr. Acula is garbage. Aren't they one of those retarded bands that calls themselves grindcore like Waking The Caderper?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Dr. Acula is garbage. Aren't they one of those retarded bands that calls themselves grindcore like Waking The Caderper?
    Party Grindcore, I do believe.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :0&
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The only time I wish to see the words Party and Grind in the same sentence is the party bridage at mdf throwing down for the grind stuff.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Suicide Silence got 8.5/10 in both reviews? Seriously? <_>
    I know! Shouldve easily been a 9
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    lol, did you people even read my little disclaimer about the jager band getting more slack then i would give a side stage band?
    i can't score a band based on whether i like them or not. thats lame and gives no info whatsoever on their show. suicide silence's actually show, meaning their stage set up, their interaction with the crowd, getting them pumped up etc. was good. if i was gonna score bands based on whether i like them or not i woulda gave Red Fang a 1/10 lol.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    You should probably burn that godsmack pick
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    \:D/
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    i can't score a band based on whether i like them or not. thats lame and gives no info whatsoever on their show. suicide silence's actually show, meaning their stage set up, their interaction with the crowd, getting them pumped up etc. was good. if i was gonna score bands based on whether i like them or not i woulda gave Red Fang a 1/10 lol.
    While this is true, the music is part of the live performance. If they sound like shit, that factors into the review. Suicide Silence doesn't do much for me in the way of stage presence either. Like I said, 5/10 at the very very most.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    If it doesn't sound old, then Jay doesn't like it.
    What he is saying though is he can put aside he doesn't like the band and judge them with a clean slate instead of well I just don't like his vocals so it was shit, which is stupid. I like the way you review skull
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I understand, but I reviewed Suicide Silence from a honest perspective at MAAW in 2009....and they sucked.
    I'm not a big fan of suicide silence but they are good live and by good I mean they play the same product you get on cd with high energy and execution.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    If it doesn't sound old, then Jay doesn't like it.
    :-))
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'm not a big fan of suicide silence but they are good live and by good I mean they play the same product you get on cd with high energy and execution.
    They do have great energy and crowd interaction. One thing I fucking hate is Mitch spitting straight up into the air. Shit is disgusting and has almost landed on me multiple times... *gag*
    imageimage
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They do have great energy and crowd interaction. One thing I fucking hate is Mitch spitting straight up into the air. Shit is disgusting and has almost landed on me multiple times... *gag*
    I saw that and was glad he was away from my area.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    While this is true, the music is part of the live performance. If they sound like shit, that factors into the review. Suicide Silence doesn't do much for me in the way of stage presence either. Like I said, 5/10 at the very very most.
    for the style they play their sound quality was very good. its just their sound that you don't like. if you listen to them on CD and already think they sound like shit then you would think they sound like shit live too so your opinion would be biased. but if you compare their sound on their albums to the what they sound like live, they did a good job of matching it if not better.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I've hardly listened to them on CD.....live is all I have to go off of with them.
    So your music reviews have all been lies.... =((