Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I had to miss The Ghost Inside playing today :-(( They'll be back soon though!
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    just got back from mayhem. review coming tomorrow night when i get home
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I had to miss Blessthefall playing today :-(( They'll be back soon though!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited July 2011
    Mayhem Hartford 11

Beautiful day..got there around like 2 :40 started grillin an poundin beerz. get inside for like 5
    Machine Head - as always these guys sounded great and the pitz were awesome. played aesthetics of hate i think lol was goin nuts for that one overall great set 9/10

Trivium - gay as all hell 0 /10

megadeth - my buddy had seat tix so we went down to the pavilion to get a better look, i convinced him to sneak into the pit and thank god we did...megadeth fuckin killed it they were so heavy...after like 3 songs i tiold my buddy sorry but i have to go jump in the pit...there was one pit right in front of the stage and it was pretty intense... they played a great set too and sounded great if they played sweating bullets then it would have been a perfect score but 9.5/10

Godsmack - they get a lot of hate but i still enjoyed seein these guys, played alot of there better songs and i was diggin them 8/10

disturbed - sounded great heavy as hell they really had the sound working good on the lawn this year, unlike last year when LOG sounded like shit.....disturbed played there usual so which is still fine to me, i love seeing these guys and m not bored seein them at all...wish they played droppin plates but oh well 8.5/10

as we were leavin there was a huge fight in the parking lot, it wasnt even like a fun hey look its a fight type thing it was like a guy losing his mind and seriously hurting people. some dood was inching out and cutting this car off so they guy gets outof his car climb on the other doods convertible roof and starts smashing the drivers face with his boot. his other buddy gets to the side and starts choking the poor kid out, it was crazy...then he had girls in the car and they were trying to help the kid and the doods start hittin the girls too. i seriously hate people like that with a fuckin passion i hope they at least got arrested, scum of the earth

but in the end another great mayhem, didnt see any boobies tho so im gonna rate the day a 9/10
    mayhem is still awesome idc what people say and im goin every year
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    ..then he had girls in the car and they were trying to help the kid and the doods start hittin the girls too. i seriously hate people like that with a fuckin passion i hope they at least got arrested, scum of the earth

so wait? you saw them hitting chicks and didn't get out of your car?
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I wanna see disturbed play dropping plates but they never play it.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Nigga didn't watch Red Fang [-X

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I might be skipping them too...
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

I might be skipping them too...
    [-X
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I will definitely be skipping them too...
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I will definitely be skipping them too...
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I am looking forward to red fang
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Red Fang is the tits [-(
    I love winning with women
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2011
    I am looking forward to red fang
    Red Fang is the tits [-(
    \m/
    :-bd
    >:D<
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Rob Zombie/Slayer/Exodus - 7/23/2011 - Stage AE

All week I was kind of not looking forward to going to this show, just because it was supposed to very hot a humid. Turns out, it wasn't that bad at all when I woke up on Saturday so I was happy. My boyfriend, our friend Chris and I got to the venue around 4:00, two hours before doors, and we were pretty close to the front of the line. There was only about 20-30 people in front of us. We carried two bottles of water each with us from the car to drink while in line, and they didn't stay cold and turned piss warm pretty fast. :-)) The doors opened a little late, probably around 6:15 or so, and when they opened everyone cheered and a few people yelled "HAIL SATAN!" I got into the venue before my boyfriend and our friend because the ladies got to go through a separate line to get patted down and etc., so I walked to the stage to find a place at or close to the rail. I found a place with a little gap, so I was able to situate myself right at the rail. My two concert companions found me, and we sent our friend to go get us shirts and water while we saved the spot we had. I didn't get to see the merch they had, but I got a Hell on Earth tour t-shirt for 35$ (I think).

Exodus came on around 7 and played for about a half hour. I haven't listed to much Exodus in the past, but they played the two songs I did know, Bonded By Blood and The Toxic Waltz. The singer kept demanding for circle pits and a wall of death, and the crowd delivered. I didn't see it, but apparently in one of the pits a man broke his ankle and the bone was sticking out of his skin. METAL. \m/ 8/10

Okay, here is where the fun really started for me, and I use the word 'fun' very lightly. As I said earlier, I was at the rail the entire show. My boyfriend was behind me, and our friend was behind/beside him. I was turned around talking to them and the two guys next to us. We were all wondering who was going to play next, since Zombie closed the night before, we all assumed it was him that would play after Exodus. The younger guy next to us said it was probably going to be Slayer, since all their amps were set up. A plain white banner came down and covered the stage, and sounds of the instruments being sound checked told us the truth. Slayer was indeed up next. A group of guys a little further back to the left of us kept saying, "If you've never seen Slayer you have no fuckin' idea what's comin', man," and, "all you fuckers at the rail better be fuckin' prepared man." Now I had seen Slayer once before at Mayhem Fest '09, granted I was in the lawn, but still, I didn't think it was too bad crowd-wise. So we're just all waiting for them to start, then the PA music goes silent, and when that white banner dropped...jesus fucking christ. I just felt a gigantic force just slam into me, and it only let up very slightly after each song ended. In the middle of the second song, about five or six people that were to the left of me at the rail had the security guys get them out. A little after they got out this big big guy shoved his way to the rail and got right beside me. The security guard saw he pushed his way up there, and that he kept pushing into me unnecessarily so he got right in his face and told him off, and to relax and stop shoving into me. He didn't really stop, but I appreciated the guards try. This bigger guy to the right of me was cool, and was trying to help me push to move the other guy over a bit but it didn't work. My boyfriend was still behind me and was holding onto the rail, and I kept grabbing his hand to let him know I was okay. Eventually I was pushed in front of the cool big guy, and I kind of panicked because I lost my boyfriend. I looked back and he was behind the cool big guy, so periodically I'd look back to make sure he was still there. I guess I'll interject here and tell you guys a funny piece of information. I had shorts on, and forgot to wear a belt. During all the pushing during Slayer I almost lost my shorts, so I had to keep my legs in this weird ass position to keep them from falling off. :-)) Anyway, in the middle of the second to last song, the cool big guy wanted out of the pit, so the security guys got him out, pulling him over top of me. That hurt my neck, big time, hah. Overall, I really couldn't enjoy or concentrate on watching Slayer just for the fact that I was struggling to keep myself steady and trying not to get too injured the entire time...but looking back on it today, that just adds to how fucking awesome Slayer must have been. Both my arms are bruised up and down, my left side is sore, my knees are badly bruised from being squished against the rain, and I haven't been able to sleep since Saturday but I've gotta say, it was one hundred percent worth it. 10/10

After Slayer was over, I was able to breathe, pull up my pants, and actually move again. I gave my boyfriend a hug and told him I love him, then we exchanged our Slayer struggle stories and checked ourselves for battle wounds. I was excited for Rob Zombie because the crowd would be calmer, first of all. A big banner came down over the stage to hide his stage set-up, and there was a big gorilla on it (probably from a movie, but I don't know). The banner fell down and the band members took to the stage, and Rob Zombie exited from a giant robot. It was your typical Zombie show, one that I've seen twice before. However that doesn't take away from the fact he's a great showman, and he did put on a great show. 9/10

Picture time!

imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited July 2011

umm im 165 lbs soaking wet and these were two doods that weighed 285 of pure muscle seeing red and losing there minds,fuck no i didnt get out of the car and neither would ny of you unless you guys like hospital trips...

there were like 50 people watching and no one did anything these guys were pyscho and its not like they were beating the shit out of the girls just pushing them away so they could beat the living shit out of the dood more, it was scary lol