Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I saw Lamb of God from the lawn last year and it sucked hard.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Even the songs I’m not a big fan of like Headcrusher and Wake Up Dead
    So much fail in one sentence.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    At my venue you can sneek down when you have lawn it rules.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Even the songs I’m not a big fan of like Headcrusher and Wake Up Dead
    So much fail in one sentence.
    I can get not liking Headcrusher but fuck you. Wake Up Dead is one of Deth's best.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Wake Up Dead is a top 10 Megadeth song. :-|
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Also, I'm pretty sure Pussy Liquor was the only song Zombie played at this show that he did not play at Mayhem. Everyone who went to Mayhem couldn't possibly forget MARS NEEDS WOMEN, ANGRY RED WOMEN, MARS NEEDS WOMEN, ANGRY RED WOMEN.....

I won't post a review of the show since Brandon put one up, but I had a great time. I ran into Chuck on the lawn during Thunderkiss.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Also, I'm pretty sure Pussy Liquor was the only song Zombie played at this show that he did not play at Mayhem. Everyone who went to Mayhem couldn't possibly forget MARS NEEDS WOMEN, ANGRY RED WOMEN, MARS NEEDS WOMEN, ANGRY RED WOMEN.....

I won't post a review of the show since Brandon put one up, but I had a great time. I ran into Chuck on the lawn during Thunderkiss.
    My bad jay I really like your reviews.
    I'm going to write one to post on my blog, I just won't post it here lol. If enough people give a fuck I guess I could.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I didn't know you had a blog...
    image Photobucket
    It's just a place I stick all my concert reviews, including the non-metal ones no one would give a fuck about on this forum lol. I've wanted to add a little more but I've had neither the time nor the motivation to do so.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I skipped the one hell on earth tour review to read jays and jay hasnt posted one :-(
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Fine, I will post it when I get around to writing it.....
    Write now you fool. I'm bored
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I'm going to see a movie soon so it won't be done if I started now.
    Lazy
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm waiting... :-W :!!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    ah sweet...

Well here's my little review, nothing close to J scale.

I asked my friend if he wanted to go, he said yeah...I asked him quite a few times after just to make sure we were still sticking to the plan. Finally we get the tickets, and he says "Well now I kinda wanna save my money" I'm like dude we already have the ticket. A) It's $17 B) You're about to go into the marines, what are you going to spend $17 on any time soon? Anyway we give the ticket to my uncle, life goes on.
    We arrive at about 6:30 while tickets say doors at 7 because DTE is notorious for lying on tickets...I missed Street Sweeper Social and the song Terrible Lie because of this. Anyway, as expected Exodus hits the stage around 6:45 I believe and sound pretty good. I was never a big fan so I wasn't too into the set but I liked what I heard.
    At the time we're not 100% sure who the headliner will be, but as we're walking around we see that Slayer is the band setting up which couldn't have made me happier. I'm sitting on the right side of the hill, but as Slayer goes on, I see the pit to be at is on the left side of the hill. After Dittohead I take off from who I was with to join in on the action. The pit was brvtal, and there was this smokin hot chick in booty shorts and a bikini top throwing down with all the guys in there and she was really able to hold her own. You can say Slayer doesn't have much stage presence all you want, but they play their music, and they play it well. The set was great and being in the pit most of the time made it fun as hell. I don't know why but hill pits are so much fun even though they could be potentially harmful haha
    Slayer is offstage, I'm separated from my group, I decide to walk around. Pretty cover the entire area just people watching and trying to get my energy back before I go to the top of the hill and end up talking to this guy about Rob Zombie. He was sure that Zombie was going to suck based off the last time he saw him at Ozzfest. He's like "Yeah man Zombie came out in his cowboy gear and talked shit to the crowd and didn't do shit onstage." But I told him that that is not the show he was about to see, Zombie's been on top his game the past three times I saw him, I don't know why this would be any different. But as the time dragged on I became concerned, it was 10 o'clock and he still hadn't hit the stage. DTE has a noise ordinance which kicks in at I believe 11:05 or 11:10. Basically you have 3 choices: Cut the set early, drop the sound nearly in half, or pay a hefty fine of $1,000 a minute. That's the number Rob Zombie told us, and I'm pretty sure I've heard that somewhere before. Anyway Zombie hits the stage, and this is lingering in the back of my mind until he tells us that he doesn't give a damn how much money he spends, they had to make sure the stage was set up right, and the set wont be affected because of it. And sure enough he kept his word. 11:10 came and passed, and the sound wasn't touched. Probably my highlight of the set was the inclusion of Pussy Liquor, the song is so damn catchy and I'd had yet to hear it live. Towards the end of the set I'm still making my way downhill when I run into jlredwing himself. A glorious high five that the gods would envy was exchanged and we went back to the watching. Thunder Kiss 65 starts and on comes John 5's solo. I swear 9 times out of 10 guitar solos bore me, but I can watch John 5 play the same solo over and over again and still be amazed. Right as soon as Thunder Kiss 65 kicks up again I see a pit form, by the time I make it it's about over. We tried to get it going again during Dragula, but no luck. Now I'm assuming that it's just because he was headlining, but House of 1000 Corpses was not on the previous setlist, but it was added onto ours and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    image Photobucket
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Haha I saw that girl in the pit to.
    Noga is on the barrier for that show tonight.

Also for the people that have been to mayhem is straight line stitch really that bad I have one of their songs and while I'm not a fan it's not a terrible song