Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Well, I didn't really pay attention to 'em, but what I heard really wasn't as bad as other's are making it seem. I thought Suicide Silence and Distrubed were much worse.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm more worried about does she sound like Maria brink live where you would rather stick a pencil in your ear than hear her live
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    When I saw them with Soulfly they weren't good but they weren't nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I have more of a problem with her speaking voice than her sing/scream voice. Also, I don't think Maria Brink is good by any means but I don't think she's that bad either...
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Haha glad you enjoyed it Jay \m/
    DAMN, you got to meet sully erna!? :O
    i'm fuckin' extremely jealous right now
    lol well I didn't get to have an actual conversation with him, but yeah he was hanging in the back a lot. Really short dude.
    oh. im still jealous though because me being a die hard godsmack fan and all i woulda defenitely talked to him. i need to get on the radio or some shit so i can score a press pass or something.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    the only someone good song sls have is that song with jamey from hatebreed.
    They played one that was pretty cool when I saw them that was off of their newest, the rest was meh though.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Chuck, Exodus didn't come on until 7.......

Straight Line Stitch isn't terrible. I don't like them but they bring great energy live.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yea I didn't even get into DTE until about 6:45.
    God Chuck, that just ruined the fucking review for me. What an awful fucking mistake you piece of garbage.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Oh shit, I did mess up. I was in the place by 6:45
    image Photobucket
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2011
    Damn I just noticed some more problems with my review, looked back at the setlist from before our show and they got American Witch...So I guess there's some minor differences from date to date.

See I don't study like J....or write pages upon pages. I should just off myself.
    Or stop writing reviews, one of the two.
    image Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Jay is the only one allowed to do reviews from now on
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    All Stars Tour-San Antonio, Texas @ Backstage Live

I making a short review and idc cause I still fucked up.

Got to the venue around 1:30 and the damn line was 5 miles long <__>
    Got in said venue and looked at band times
    Saw band times of bands I wanted to see
    Not giving a fuck cause the bands that I wanted to see didn't play till 4
    Sat in the inside stage where Scream The Prayer Tour bands were playing
    Never again
    4pm and we went outside
    Hot as balls

Chelsea Grinn-Not bad, but not great either. Crowd and energy was good for them though and they had 3 guitar players. I couldn't even tell <_> 7/10

Hot as balls and got some water
    went to patio cause it was hot as balls
    sat down for a couple of bands

Ghost Inside- Hot damn they were great like last time. Full of energy and the band sounded tight. Definitely one of the better hardcore bands out today. 8/10

Hot as balls
    got some more water
    stayed on patio

Iwrestledabearonce-I thought they were good. I can see why people are turned off by them and don't like them. They can play their instruments well and Krista can scream pretty damn good. The set list was good and the new song sounded great. They have their black metal merch on sale as well lol. 8/10

Stayed on patio
    touched Leah's boob

In This Moment- From what I heard sounded good, but holy fuck did they have Brink's mic to loud. Screaming pierced my damn ear drum and almost killed my brain. So we took off and went inside. 2/10

Went inside and sat down

War of Ages-holy shit an actual metal band on the bill. awwwwwww they are christian :( They sounded pretty good and had the crowd going. crowd was little though since everyone was outside for All Stars instead of Scream The Prayer. They put on a decent show and had lot of energy. They thanked the crowd and said this was the largest crowd they have ever played in San Antonio. I laughed because local bands or opening bands get bigger crowds here. oh well they were decent 6/10

Sat down and talked to old guy next to me.
    He told me said band was good and like them a lot
    I laughed in his face
    Said wait for this band that is coming up now and get ready to get your prostate ripped out.
    Light go down and now we enter..........................................

The Chariot-HOLY GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING BALLS! I love The Chariot and I love that they always give their all in their live shows. If you have never seen them, then I highly recommend you do so. By far the best band of the whole show. Bassist is one crazy mother fucker, well the whole band is and I love that they say, "This stage is your stage, this music is your music, these instruments are your instruments, and this mic is your mic." Cause literally it is. Bassists throws his bass in the crowd to play and lead singer throwing the mic over the beams on the roof and singing from it and shit is just crazy. GO SEE THEM >: O 11/10

Cooled down
    went outside
    semi hot as balls, but semi cool as balls
    wind blowing
    get to the stage

BlessTheFall- Very good and very energetic from the get go. I liked them better at the club, but they were still good. New song sounded pretty good and look forward to the new album. 9/10

Born of Osiris-Damn good and would like to see them again. 8/10

left

Chelsea Grinn
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Ghost Inside
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

IWABO
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

In This Moment-
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

The Chariot
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Bassist from The Chariot tearing it up by the merch booth all the way in the back

BlessTheFall
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I have a feeling mayhem is gonna be hot as fuck
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    lol @ the best band in that review getting the lowest score after ITM. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

Also for the people that have been to mayhem is straight line stitch really that bad
    Yes.

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Screaming pierced my damn ear drum and almost killed my brain.
    This happened to me at Mayhem with Suicide Silence.
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo

Also for the people that have been to mayhem is straight line stitch really that bad
    Yes.
    This. They were worse than I expected and I was expecting shit.