Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The original Hyperdrive is my jam. The Addicted version is cool too, but I prefer Dev on vocals.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer

Nah, it was on shuffle.
    you cant listen to that album on shuffle. just like you dont read books by skipping around in chapters. its the album on whole, in order, or none at all.
    I'll give it a chance before the show.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Dropkick Murphys
    @Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ, 7/3/11

Getting the rail was easy. Most of the crowd was drunk lol.

Cobra Skulls - I liked these guys. Fun set, great music and their singer even gave a speech about how retarded RATM is for organizing the Sound Strike, which got a lot of approval from the crowd. 8/10

The Tossers - Another pretty cool band. Not sure what to say about them other than that. Oh, their singer had issues holding his booze, so they had to bring a trash can out on stage for him :-)) 7/10

Dropkick Murphys - Probably the best live band of the year. They had a huge backdrop and their drumset was Bruins themed. Lots of energy, tons of fun. They also took all the girls up on stage at the end to sing "Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced" and then had any guys come up with them to sing their AC/DC cover of "TNT" with them. So much goddamn fun, and I ain't even Irish. I honestly think they're better than Flogging Molly live. 12/10

I love winning with women
    Also... notice his face.......

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Holy large pictures batman!
    inb4lists
    Idk how to resize my Droid photos without doing it on the computer manually. I've tried lowering the size/resolution, but it doesn't work. Just F5 the page.
    Last night i went to see the RX Bandits on their Farewell Tour, supporting act was Maps& Atlases.

Maps And Atlases: I had never heard of them before, but they were pretty cool, very different, all 4 band members are percussionists, and on their last song for a little breakdown, they brought out 2 snare drums and a big bass drum, and they all 4 did a percussion duet.

RX Bandits: As soon as they came out on stage, the crowd went apeshit, they were one of the loudest bands I've ever seen, they had 2 drum sets on stage, and their opening song was a jam between the 2 drummers and bassist, their setlist was amazing, the only downside was they didn't play my favorite song "It's Only Another Parsec...", but singer Matt Embree would talk to the crowd a lot, and towards the end of their set, they walk offstage, they come back, said they have 2 more songs for us, but before they start, Matt Embree said to the crowd how The Social(the venue) has always welcomed the band back on every single tour they've ever done, and they always sell out, and that this was going to be their last show there ever, and to show their gratitude, they played a song they haden't played for over 2 years, and the vibe was incredible, after that song was over, they started their encore "Only For The Night", and right before their final chorus of the song, the guitarist walks over to the end of the stage, hands me his guitar and says "hold this" and gets on the drum set, and the 2 drummers to a sick 5 minute duet, after they were done he got his guitar back (he later signed my shirt for holding his guitar) the 4 members just start jamming like crazy, and then they just cut back into the chorus of the song, and after it's over the band gets down into the crowd and starts talking to fans, so i met the singer and guitarist, awesome dudes, they signed my ticket.

I really wish they were going to play another show, but this concert will forever be one of my favorites.

-----

inb4lists
    Dropkick Murphys
    @Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ, 7/3/11

Cobra Skulls - and their singer even gave a speech about how retarded RATM is for organizing the Sound Strike,

:-W
    inb4lists
    \:D/
    :-D
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I need to see Dropkick Murphys ASAP.
    :-D
    L-)
    inb4lists
    Last night i went to see the RX Bandits on their Farewell Tour, supporting act was Maps& Atlases.

Maps And Atlases: I had never heard of them before, but they were pretty cool, very different, all 4 band members are percussionists, and on their last song for a little breakdown, they brought out 2 snare drums and a big bass drum, and they all 4 did a percussion duet.

RX Bandits: As soon as they came out on stage, the crowd went apeshit, they were one of the loudest bands I've ever seen, they had 2 drum sets on stage, and their opening song was a jam between the 2 drummers and bassist, their setlist was amazing, the only downside was they didn't play my favorite song "It's Only Another Parsec...", but singer Matt Embree would talk to the crowd a lot, and towards the end of their set, they walk offstage, they come back, said they have 2 more songs for us, but before they start, Matt Embree said to the crowd how The Social(the venue) has always welcomed the band back on every single tour they've ever done, and they always sell out, and that this was going to be their last show there ever, and to show their gratitude, they played a song they haden't played for over 2 years, and the vibe was incredible, after that song was over, they started their encore "Only For The Night", and right before their final chorus of the song, the guitarist walks over to the end of the stage, hands me his guitar and says "hold this" and gets on the drum set, and the 2 drummers to a sick 5 minute duet, after they were done he got his guitar back (he later signed my shirt for holding his guitar) the 4 members just start jamming like crazy, and then they just cut back into the chorus of the song, and after it's over the band gets down into the crowd and starts talking to fans, so i met the singer and guitarist, awesome dudes, they signed my ticket.

I really wish they were going to play another show, but this concert will forever be one of my favorites.

-----

inb4lists
    Are you quite done yet?
    Only did that for HOODS.
    inb4lists
    Are you quite done yet?
    How bout' no, you crazy Dutch bastard.
    inb4lists