Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Fucking A i love that grape flavor. They need to add some fruit punch that's the best.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I agree. Fruit Punch is the only one I've actually bought. Other than that, I only have Rockstars at Mayhem Fest.
    The regular kind if my favorite. Lemonade is great too i've never had the pink kind.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dave Mustaine has mastered the art-form of making shitty/predictable setlists. Their performance was still good, and their show was really fun, but I've seen it all before
    Correct me if I am wrong, but after the first few dates, most of the sets seem shitty/predictable/been there, done that. Nothing that really stands out as a "OMG DAT SET", rather more of the same.
    Sort of. It really only seems like that if you've already seen the band before. I suppose that if I caught Red Fang earlier this year and then saw them at Mayhem Fest too, I wouldn't have been too impressed with their Mayhem Fest set. As I said, if you haven't seen Meagdeth(or any of the big bands really) before, you'll enjoy it. But if you've already seen them you can't expect anything too special.
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    Sux u lost those signatures. Derp moment <_>
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Unearth set was awesome. That's the only one that's really impressed me.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Sort of. It really only seems like that if you've already seen the band before. I suppose that if I caught Red Fang earlier this year and then saw them at Mayhem Fest too, I wouldn't have been too impressed with their Mayhem Fest set. As I said, if you haven't seen Meagdeth(or any of the big bands really) before, you'll enjoy it. But if you've already seen them you can't expect anything too special.
    I concur with this. Unless you're a fanboy of any of the bands or are just dying to see them.

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    We stopped by the Mayhem Fest tent, because Brutal wanted to get a shirt, and the venders were total assholes.
    I can vouch for this from last year.
    "Can I get a XXL Black shirt?"
    "No. We're sold out."
    "Are there any other tents where I can get one?"
    "Yeah."
    "Where?"
    "HOW THE FUCK SHOULD I KNOW?!?!"
    Wait, are you sure MH didn't play Davidian?
    Wait, are you sure MH didn't play Davidian?
    According to the setlist thread.. they didn't. Someone put it on the set thinking they did but it was confirmed they were wrong.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    No Davidian =((

But it's awesome they open with Imperium \m/
    inb4lists
    We stopped by the Mayhem Fest tent, because Brutal wanted to get a shirt, and the venders were total assholes.
    I can vouch for this from last year.
    "Can I get a XXL Black shirt?"
    "No. We're sold out."
    "Are there any other tents where I can get one?"
    "Yeah."
    "Where?"
    "HOW THE FUCK SHOULD I KNOW?!?!"
    The deal with Brutal was that he asked one guy if they had the shirt he wanted, one said no, the other said yes, then they'd go off on each other. It was stupid
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    You abandoned your friends for a dude you met online?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    No clenching the fists either. How do they not play Davidian <________>
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don't know!
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I hope they play bulldozer when i see them.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Fukkov my phone sometimes fucks up -(
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That is a terrible setlist for Disturbed. Waaaaay too much asylum crap. Nice review though Slap.