Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    wait, how old are you slap?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    A relapse will happen.
    Possibly. I enjoy listening to the Doom EP by JFAC every blue moon. Chiodos as well.

inb4<_>
    I'm 16. 17 in September
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    A relapse will happen.
    Possibly. I enjoy listening to the Doom EP by JFAC every blue moon. Chiodos as well.

inb4<_>
    It's alright. I listen to a lot of bands that would be considered bad but I also love a lot of great bands so HATERS GONNA HATE
    I'm 16. 17 in September
    well you were 14 2 years ago, so its reasonable listening to such shit. i still listen to SS and im 26
    I'm 16. 17 in September
    well you were 14 2 years ago, so its reasonable listening to such shit. i still listen to SS and im 26
    I always find it funny when people recognize the bands they like are bad :))
    i mean, theyre not the worlds greatest band ever (even in that genre) but i wont deny that i still listen to them
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'm 16. 17 in September
    I always find it funny when people recognize the bands they like are bad :))
    I do that often with quite a few bands I like or just listen to a few things from :-))
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lordi is like the worst band ever and have been proven to lip sync in the past but I still enjoy them on occasion. (Not nearly as much as I used to, though)
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I don't listen to them, but I enjoy the live show.
    image Photobucket
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Lordi is like the worst band ever and have been proven to lip sync in the past but I still enjoy them on occasion. (Not nearly as much as I used to, though)
    this
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nice review Jay. I still don't get how you write that much on any show. I know I couldn't. I've actually found that the more I enjoyed it, the harder it is to put my feeling into words.
    I could probably write a 5 page review of that Squid show. By the way, Cormorant out aced GS live, son. Arthur still has some voice issues live, but they are probably the most instrumentally tight live band I've seen.

I'm so disappointed you didn't talk about the pre-show experience. Let me tell you my side. This is on my phone, so I will have carpal tunnel in my thumbs soon.

I left my house at like 7:45 thinking Id get there early and just chill. I did, blaring my Electric Wizard as I approached the venue. I saw Slappy G and Danny Boy almost immediately, and introduced myself. I told them how Thee Parkside is the best place to see a show in San Francisco, and told them they were lining up in the wrong place, like many rookies do. I took out a joint and smoked it while we all just talked and a line grew. A man came up to me and asked if they had to stand in line to buy tickets, and I said yeah. He noticed I was wearing a Cormorant shirt, and said "that's my son, Arthur Von Nagel." I was smoking a joint and talking to the dad of one of my favorite musicians, so that was totally weird. We kicked it for a little bit and went inside and saw a bitchin' ass show. I hope Anaal Nathrakh come there so I can fly home and see it, then commit suicide, having achieved true happiness.

Closing notes, the new album will be the best album released in the 2010-19 time span and Confusion of Tongues rocked hard.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    "and told them they were lining up in the wrong place, like many rookies do."

we were waiting for you. =;
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Going to see the RX Bandits with Maps And Atlases tonight! \:D/
    inb4lists
    *refers FF to upcoming show thread*
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    imageimage
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    *also clicks the quote button even though we understood it the first time*
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2011
    I'm so disappointed you didn't talk about the pre-show experience.
    Ok. So at about 6ish, Dreamtheater showed up at my place. Everyone got ready(me, sister, lil' bro), we got directions to the place and left. We went to go pick up my friend, Ben, then went toward San Fran. On the way there, we stopped at In 'N' Out for some grub. From there, my sister was kind enough to let us play some Giant Squid. Once we got the venue, she dropped us off, and made me grab the mace, just incase anything funky happened, then she went off to her friend's house. Right as we crossed the street, I saw Wine in his car. I waved to him but he didn't wave back :( . It would be at least 20 minutes until I saw him again. So we were waiting in front of the venue, I saw some of the Cormorant dudes loading in gear and one of the guitarists, Nick, commented on my shirt, which was a Fear the Fiasco shirt. Gotta rep dat Sonoma County Metal! After waiting for a bit, Danny(Cheeze), showed up, carrying is The Ichthyologist vinyl and we conversed. Then Wine showed up and told us that we were waiting on the wrong side the venue, like the little noobs we were. Then we talked about music, Wine smoked some weed with my pal Ben, Arthur Von Nagel's parents showed up, venue opened, then the show started.

Happy, Wine?