Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    You forgot to mention how giddy we were.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    You forgot to mention how giddy we were.
    Then you write your own pre-show experience [-(
    edited July 2011
    It was an essential part of the show. [-(
    Fine....

We were also giddier than giddy school girls.

Now you write something!
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yall have a bukkake party before the show?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2011
    So Im'ma make this a bit short, but:

Wiz Khalifa - July 5th, 2011 - Summerfest - Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

So this was one of the most packed concerts I've ever been to, I was so far back that I couldn't see Wiz on stage, I had to watch him on the Titantron, which kinda dampened it for me, but oh well. But it was packed in like sardines, people were standing on the roofs of the concession stands and shit too lolz. And then got in trouble. Anyways, very fun show, the extreme difference between Hip Hop and Metal shows was weird to me at first with this being my first Hip Hop show, it was just more chilled out and fun overall, everyone was in a good mood, and it was the perfect setting to just smoke a fatass blunt and have fun, especially considering how many times Wiz was pushing people to light up. But alas, no bud. :( Even though EVERYONE was smoking. But yea, the sound was very good, could have been a bit louder, but that's my only complaint. Wiz takes very good control of the crowd and knows how to rile them up, he started a bunch of TAYLOR. GANG. and T.G.O.D. chants, which was really fun. His setlist seemed to be in the chronological order that his albums came out, and his only full album I've listened to so far is Rolling Papers (He has 2 others.) so I didn't know a lot of the songs he played at first, but then he finally got to the Rolling Papers songs, and they were amazing, On My Level and Black And Yellow were just fucking insane. He closed with it, and everyone went fucking apeshit, everyone jumping, screaming, etc. Overall, amazing show, can't wait for more Hip Hop shows, and I have 2 this month, one of them of course being fucking WOLF GANG, which will top last night x 100. Anyways, 9/10. Would get a 10, but like I said, not even being able to see him on stage dampened it for me, and the sound could have been louder, but everything else was top notch.
    Yall have a bukkake party before the show?
    No
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    slap was the target :-))
    edited July 2011

Now you write something!
    I left the house at around 7:30 so i could get there a bit early n hang out with the crew. As i was driving up the the venue i noticed an afro n couple of other peeps on the corner. Parked then crossed the street with gatefold in hand only to hear "CHHEEEEEZZEEEE". We talked for a bit as we waited for our elitist brethren. Wine finally came walkin down the street n told us we were in the wrong spot. As we waited first in line we talked some more n touched on various topics like le Mastodon.
    Wine was a bogart n only let Ben take a couple puffs. N as mentioned before, Papa Cormorant bumped into us. Around 9 doors opened n we filed in like 1st graders. We then checked out the merch n proceeded to a round of highfives which i managed to fuck up, but was given a redo. I stayed in line at the merch while everyone went into the bar/stage so i could get my gatefold signed. I asked Aaron if he could get the band to sign it n he was nice enough to hold my gatefold behind the merch table throughout the show. I got back to the group n watched the show. After the show all of us hung out by the merch n bought shirts, cd's, posters. We said bye to Wine as he was the first to leave. Slap, Dreamtheater, n Ben went outside while i waited inside for a bit so i could get my gatefold back. I headed out n rejoined Slap & friends. As we waited for our rides we showed off what we bought. Slap's sis pulled up so we said our parting words n a brohug. Then Slap dropped his stickers on the floor, picked them up n left. I was left forever alone as i waited for my ride home.

thee end

Jag just jelly that he was left out
    What were the high-fives over again?
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I didn't bogart shit, he refused after two.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    heres my james taylor review

James Taylor - He pulled an anti rush and rocked the place nuff said 9/10
    I didn't bogart shit, he refused after two.
    :-@
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    heres my james taylor review

James Taylor - He pulled an anti rush and rocked the place nuff said 9/10
    Lucky bastard
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2011
    Devin Townsend, Obscura, Septic Flesh, and some band I listened to in middle school

Met up with Adam (as usual) and hung out with Nate for the first time. Hanging out in itself made this show awesome. Shirts for all bands were 30. Fucking stupid.

Septic Flesh - Very heavy. I'm not too familiar with their material, but they brought it. It was interesting to see how they incorporated everything played over the PA. The singer kept saying something like "show me those devil horns" but it sounded like he said "talley horns". No idea.

Obscura - The main reason I went to the show. I was bummed that on Metalsetlists it said they weren't opening with Septuagint, and were once again opening with The Anticosmic Overload. They also had a fill in bassist which was kinda disappointing, seeing as their normal guy is the shit. Regardless, I knew it would be sick. All of a sudden, the fucking acoustic intro to Septuagint starts playing over the PA. The happiness I felt at that very moment was indescribable. They proceeded to shred through their set with ease and teach Chicago how death metal should be done. Their bassist actually sounded a lot like the regular guy, which was cool. These guys were easily band of the night for me.

Devin Fucking Townsend - What can be said? Devin always delivers the goods, and tonight was no different. He opened with By Your Command, which was killer. It was also awesome to see him start ranting in the middle of multiple guitar sections. I wish he could've picked a better Deconstruction song than Stand, but Juular was an epic way to close the set. Sick stuff.

COB - They were ok. Set had way too much new stuff. Alexi was a bit sloppy in some of the songs. Hearing Children Of Bodom (the song) was cool, but it didn't sound as good as I hoped. The best part of their set, as usual, was watching Janne fuck shit up on the keys. They played Downfall, which they usually close their sets with, and then came back with perhaps the worst fucking encore of all time: Was It Worth It?, Are You Dead Yet?, and Hate Crew Death Roll. I do like HCDR but the other two should've been played earlier in the set, if at all. Who the fuck comes back on for an encore with a mediocre new song off of your forgettable new album? They do, as Adam said when I asked him the same question.

If this tour is coming near you, by all means go and see it. It was an awesome time and you really can't beat the 3 openers on one bill (even if tickets are a little pricey)
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Goddamn i would of loved to go that show, I need to move up to chicago fuck where i live.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Adam just texted me that Alexi walked past him and he (Adam) gave him the horns, Alexi looked at him and ignored him and kept walking.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    $30 for shirts? lol. This ain't no arena tour homeboys.