Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Thanks George...its not every night that the chance comes to meet a rock legend.....Friend that went with me to the show has been trying to meet those 2 for years. I got him back stage with me
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Hmm.....I have that Metallica shirt.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited May 2011
    Hmm.....I have that Metallica shirt.
    I was going to wear one of my Maiden shirts to the show, but took nick to the park before the show, got it dirty and couldn't find my other maiden shirt. Grabbed the first one out of my drawer, Metallica Death Magnetic tour shirt

inb4coolstorybro
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    you should asked the UFO guyz "how good are eddie trunks blowjobz??"
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Friggin awesome John!!
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    John how old are u, if you don't mind me asking?
    turn 38 next month...got the early greys :(

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers

wow no shit. sorry to hear that. I've been pretty lucky so far lol

wow no shit. sorry to hear that. I've been pretty lucky so far lol
    its actually pretty cool at shows. everyone leaves me alone
    I'm 43 and the greys are approaching rapidly. I want to shave it all off. My wife vetoed that saying that I had a lumpy head. LOL I told her the sunshine would plump all them divots right up.
    I'm 43 and the greys are approaching rapidly. I want to shave it all off. My wife vetoed that saying that I had a lumpy head. LOL I told her the sunshine would plump all them divots right up.
    if i shaved my head i would look like uncle fester
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    So, we got to the Shoreline about an hour before the show started. When entering the venue, they had an ad thing for Mayhem Fest advertising it as Megadeth/Testament, which made me really happy. Dreamtheater took a photo, and I'll post it once he gets it online. The merch was ridiculously overpriced. It was $40 buck for a tour shirt. FUCK THAT. My friend came up with the brilliant idea of just grabbing a merch bag that had the SoaD logo on it. Now it is on my wall. So, after that, we found our seats and waited for Gogol Bordello to start up

Gogol Bordello was really fun. If you aren't familiar with GB, they're bascially kind of like the Dropkick Murphys, but instead of Irish, Russian. Their singer sounds and looks like Borat with longer hair. There were actually a fair amount of people were into it. I wish I had listened to them a bit more before the show, because knowing the songs they were playing would've made it that much more fun. I did recognize a few though, but don't know their names. They had really great energy. If I can catch 'em in a club setting or if they're ever at some festival, I'll be there. I feel they'd be a lot more enjoyable on the floor than in seats.

System of a Down were pretty good. Before I continue, I should state that I strongly dislike their last two albums, Mezmerize and Hypnotize. Haters gonna hate. So, they opened the show really strong, with Prison Song. It was awesome. That's the song that got me into them, so a little nostalgia was a great way to start the show. So, from then on out I did the following. When they played anything off of System Of A Down or Toxicity(they didn't play anything off of Steal This Album! :( ) I went ape shit and really enjoyed myself. When they played something off of Mezmerize or Hypnotize, which was more often than not :L, I'd check out the chick in front of me. It worked out pretty well, because she had a nice ass and it just so happened that she really liked every song off of those two albums, which inspired her to dance her heart out. All in all they performed well, but I just wish they hadn't played so much off of Mezmerize and Hypnotize. Also, the fact they didn't play anything off of Steal This Album! is lame. At least they started off really strong with Prison Song and ended strong with a bunch of songs off the self-titled.

Prison Song
    Byob
    Know
    Needles
    Deer Dance
    Attack
    Radio/Video
    Hypnotize
    Question!
    Suggestions
    Psycho
    Chop Suey
    Lonely Day
    Soldier Side
    Kill Rock N Roll
    Lost in Hollywood
    Forest
    Science
    Holy Mountains
    Aerials
    Tentative
    Cigaro
    Suite Pee
    War
    Toxicity
    P.L.U.C.K.
    Sugar

Gogol Bordello: 7.5/10
    System of a Down: 8/10

The way out of the show was fun too. When we were walking out, there was a little pole in the middle of the walk-way out. So people were warning their piers, "Hey bro, watch out for the pole". For some reason, my friend found the word "pole" to be the funniest thing he ever heard, and so for the rest of the night, if he heard the word "pole", he'd burst into laughter for about ten minutes at a time.
    Getting out of the venue took fucking forever. It was the worst thing I've ever experienced, getting-out-of-a-venue-wise. When we got in the car, we popped on Mastodon's Crack the Skye. When we got out of the parking lot, Crack the Skye had just finished. So now me and my pals are going to use Crack the Skye as a measurement of time. If you don't know how long it is, GO LISTEN TO IT. After that, we stopped by McDonald's, as is ritual after any show we got to, then went home

/review.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Lazerfest

Bullet for my valentine - meh, crowd liked em but the set was lacking. Still fun to see them.

Escape the fate - didn't like it but the crowd did. Had a fun pit and wall of death in the mud.

TDG - way better than last year. Played "lose yourself" and "break stuff". Lol

Seether - way better than last year. They always sound great live.

Stone sour - who I really wanted to see. I always love seeing corey at lazerfest cuz its ten minutes from his house. Overall though they had a bad set, played way to much off of audio secrecy. Ended with get inside, hell & consequences, and 30/30 150 which was a fun way to end it. Still rather would have seen slipknot.

A7X - I was actually excited to see these guys, I used to really like them. They sounded good but m. Shadows voice is even more whiny live, still liked the set and set list. The crowd was really into it.

Can't wait for next year. Hopefully I see more naked hot chick mud wrestling!
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Wait, Hail The Villian dropped off? The Charmellion still has them listed. Its ATR, Hail the Villian and 2 locals
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Wait, Hail The Villian dropped off? The Charmellion still has them listed. Its ATR, Hail the Villian and 2 locals
    Yeah they won't be there.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Lazerfest

Bullet for my valentine - meh, crowd liked em but the set was lacking. Still fun to see them.

Escape the fate - didn't like it but the crowd did. Had a fun pit and wall of death in the mud.

Stone sour - who I really wanted to see. I always love seeing corey at lazerfest cuz its ten minutes from his house. Overall though they had a bad set, played way to much off of audio secrecy. Ended with get inside, hell & consequences, and 30/30 150 which was a fun way to end it. Still rather would have seen slipknot.

A7X - I was actually excited to see these guys, I used to really like them. They sounded good but m. Shadows voice is even more whiny live, still liked the set and set list. The crowd was really into it.

Damn i wish i could of went to this lol.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Lazerfest

Damn i wish i could of went to this lol.
    Most mud I have ever seen in my life.
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    I got System of a Down tonight! Probably gonna rain throughout their set though. I might write a review after I get home.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy