Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    Where have I shown you that? I hate Democrats and most of their ideals but some I side with. I hate the general goals of the Democrat party
    You do it again in this statement. You generalize, but more importantly, you make it seem as if there is a fundamental difference between the Democratic party and the Republican party. There isn't. You should examine your own ideals and try to bring them to fruition. Wild declarations like "I hate the Democrats," or "I hate Republicans" get us nowhere. Working together is the only way to work at all.
    That is fine and dandy. But the subject you were responding to was "The world". And having had discussions with you over the last month, I find it difficult to believe you think the #1 biggest thing wrong with "The world" is partisans. I wouldnt have taken issue with your comment if the topic was US politics, but your comment was in response to "There are many problems in this world.". Since I know you don't think it is the biggest problem in the world, I am only left to conclude you have a very liberal definition of the word "biggest"
    Well, I don't consider partisanism to be exclusive to the United States. It's a big problem in Europe and Asia as well, although not nearly to the extreme that it is in the United States. Perhaps you're correct, it was a hyperbole, but I am pretty adamant that strides aren't going to be made until partisan politics ends.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    when the hell did this thread start becoming a politics debate
    I'm actually debating English.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I take issue with your definition of "biggest"
    I take issue with the whole statement but "biggest" seems very extreme
    Oh I was on board with the rest of his comment. It was spot on actually. But he is being a little liberal with his use of the word "biggest". His use was like

"T-Rex is the biggest dinosaur ever"
    "uhhh no it is not. maybe biggest meat eater"
    "yeah same difference"
    "no it isnt"
    Idc if you agree with that part, I'm just saying that I agree with your statement of it being an exaggeration or being too liberal with it
    Where have I shown you that? I hate Democrats and most of their ideals but some I side with. I hate the general goals of the Democrat party
    You do it again in this statement. You generalize, but more importantly, you make it seem as if there is a fundamental difference between the Democratic party and the Republican party. There isn't. You should examine your own ideals and try to bring them to fruition. Wild declarations like "I hate the Democrats," or "I hate Republicans" get us nowhere. Working together is the only way to work at all.

There isn't one fundamental difference, there are many. There's a reason Democrats and Republicans are divided on many issues, especially death pentalty and abortion. Working together does get a lot done, I agree with that. Only problem is I have beliefs that others don't so there are disagreements and while I'm willing to compromise on some things, others I'm not
    you make it seem as if there is a fundamental difference between the Democratic party and the Republican party. There isn't.
    I like this comment, because it shows you have been paying attention to the ways in which the Republican Party and Democrat Party run our government. It is actually a pretty smart ruse they have pulled on us. Make two distinct poles to give the appearance of choice, and then create fear in being marginalized by throwing your vote away if you don't gravitate to their two predefined poles. It works because 95% of the American population is too stupid to see through their lies.

Are there differences between R's and D's? Sure. But not in how they run the government. Really the differences come from moral issues that really have no place in modern politics.
    There isn't one fundamental difference, there are many.
    nah. you've been fooled. Both parties are in support of running the government in exactly the same way. They have too much invested to let the system fall apart. There is no change in R's or D's
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Someone post a review, please.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    nah. you've been fooled. Both parties are in support of running the government in exactly the same way. They have too much invested to let the system fall apart. There is no change in R's or D's
    :-j Government conspiracies give me laughs like no other
    No change at all? Maybe not, but it's pretty freaking small. All of the differences are cosmetic.

There isn't one fundamental difference, there are many. There's a reason Democrats and Republicans are divided on many issues, especially death pentalty and abortion. Working together does get a lot done, I agree with that. Only problem is I have beliefs that others don't so there are disagreements and while I'm willing to compromise on some things, others I'm not
    If you think the death penalty is close to a high profile issue nationally speaking, then uh oh. Abortion? Sure. Especially with the planned parenthood funding issue and everything.

If you agree that working together gets a lot done, then you should know how statements like "I hate Democrats" irk people like me. Ditch your party, it's the only way to go.
    It's not a Government conspiracy. It is a simple review of economics that lays this debate to rest.
    No change at all? Maybe not, but it's pretty freaking small. All of the differences are cosmetic.
    sure. For all practical purposes, there is nothing more then cosmetic differences between R's and D's. and if you dont vote for a R or a D, you are throwing your vote away.... pssssshhhh. fuck that.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fucking this. That is what is so depressing, maddening, and irritating about our government. It has deteriorated so bad, that this is the only thing that matters to any of them anymore.
    Novembers Doom played the entire album "Aphotic" from start to finish. Pretty cool
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Novembers Doom played the entire album "Aphotic" from start to finish. Pretty cool
    :-|
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    :-|
    b-( FU Jay Rush and the Fighters of Foo suck