Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    It should auto-resize the second time you view em Slap. If they don't, let me know.
    I love winning with women
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    It should auto-resize the second time you view em Slap. If they don't, let me know.
    :-bd
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Cool haha
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Destruction - may 12th - the Church in boston

My first time at this 225 capacity venue in Boston located near Fenway. Liked the accoustics in the place and found a spot in front of the sound board where i postioned myself thru the whole show (right behind the pit).

Razormaze - played 20 minutes, 2 new songs, Karma in Karma Out and slave to the Maze. hung out with them before their set. Recognized me from Facebook and gave me a free DVD. The sounded 100x better than their show i saw earlier in the year. Sound at the venue was excellent for the first 4 bands

PanzerBasterd - first time hearing them, 20 minute set. meh

WarBeast - didn't care for what i heard from these guys on youtube, but live they sound a hell of a lot better. Played for 30 minutes. Have a melodic death / thrash sound going. overall i liked it

Heathen - just wow...first show ever in Boston, played for 50+ minutes (overran their time). played 7 or 8 songs including Dying Season and No Stone Unturned. singer seemed inpressed with the crowd and worked off the energy. if you are into thrash metal i recommend checking these guys out

Destruction - played for about 80 minutes, 20 minutes past curfew. Singer kept bitching about sound issues during the set, but the band itself sounded great. Opened with Curse The Gods, ended with the 2 song encore they've been playing on other dates. Enjoyed the set, and the impromto drum solo when the singer walked off stage, but the singer's continued bitching took away from the set. Glad to finally see one piece of the german big 3
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    where are your ratings
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    where are your 11/10's

where are your ratings
    Shane 0/10

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited May 2011
    where are your ratings
    Shane 0/10

wow you're so incredibly clever. 8-|
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Black Label Society/All That Remains

After finding out that Hail The Villain dropped off this tour and raged like no other, I bought an ATR shirt and a BLS wristband. Merch was way overpriced with shirts being 40 a pop.

Hourcast - Singer reminded me of the dude from Buckcherry. This did not make me happy. Got cups and other shit thrown at them, which I thought was unfortunate. Generic radio rock sound 4\10

All That Remains - They fucking slayed. Opened with This Calling and from there it was just an awesome set. Phil souned great despite his rep for having mediocre vocals live. They brought a fan onstage to play Hold On and he actually did pretty good. I moshed most of their set and caught a signed drum head! 9/10

Black Label Society - The generation gap as far as fans go definitely showed during their set. The BLS fans pushed their way up and....did nothing really. There was no push towards the stage, no mosh pits, no crowd surfers, nothing. While i thought i might enjoy the lack of pushing considering i was 3 rows from the rail, it made the show rather boring. BLS was BLS, good but nothing spectacular. And fuck 10 minute solos 7.5/10
    Yeah, Hail The Villain dropped off a month or so ago because their singer is still coming back from surgery.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah, Hail The Villain dropped off a month or so ago because their singer is still coming back from surgery.
    Ive been dying to see them since Uproar but they dont seem to be on any good tours. You think being on Roadrunner theyd get the hook up on tours.
    Yeah well they've had to put pretty much their whole tour schedule this year on hold because their vocalist had minor surgery on his vocal chords, so he's training to get his voice back....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Novembers Doom was good last night. That's my review.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Primus in 10 days <3
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    imageimage

some pics from the show. Hung out with Jagbag for a bit too
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Is jag right in front of you in the last pic? lol
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    edited May 2011
    UFO - 5/14/11 foxboro - Showcase Live

Got an email from HeavyMetalBuzz.com asking me to help with radio interviews for the show. That ended up being cool and making this a great night. I had to hold the video camera during interviews for the show.

Mindflow - Great Brazilian Progressive Rock / Metal band. Played a 6 song, half hour set. First time really hearing them and they are worth checking out. 7/10

After their set, i was asked to hold the camera to interview the drummer and guitarist from Mindflow. video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBHz7Ru5Cg

and picture with me and the drummer, Rafael:

Last Perfect thing - because of doing the Mindflow interview, only caught their first and last songs, both were meh. 1/10

UFO - Played a shortened set because of having 2 shows booked at the venue in the same night. Played for about 90 minutes. Not too familair to put out a good setlist, but played songs like Rock Me, Doctor doctor, shoot shoot....8/10

After the show, i was asked by the radio station to interview Andy Parker, drummer for UFO. While we did the interview, Phil Mogg also came in. So i got to hang with 2 original members of UFO for about 1/2 hour. they were both really cool.

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers