Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    WCAR:
    {Upload|8767}

BMTH:
    {Upload|8768}

ADTR:
    {Upload|8769}
    {Upload|8770}
    {Upload|8771}
    {Upload|8772}
    {Upload|8773}
    {Upload|8774}
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Who used the Dunlop pick? I use that same type except I use a 1.14 mm so that's why I'm wondering
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Neil did.
    I love winning with women
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Who used the Dunlop pick? I use that same type except I use a 1.14 mm so that's why I'm wondering
    which means if you work hard enough, you can suck as much as ADTR!!!!
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    Awesome pics Alex!!

Sounds like it was an good time. :-bd
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Neil is ADTR?
    which means if you work hard enough, you can suck as much as ADTR!!!!
    LOL
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited April 2011
    ok ADTR's music is pretty fucking bad but that description of of the live show, the ball especially, would actually make me consider giving them a shot live
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I said the exact same thing in my review... <_> And yes, best live show I've ever seen, they put 110% into it, not only their performance, but just everything, the crowd interaction, stage presence, stage set-up, etc.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    The only WCAR song I really like it their cover of My Love
    image Photobucket
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ADTR > WCAR > BMTH > That other band
    Bought some weed today right, went to the Skeletonwitch show and hot boxed it for awhile... Head in and some local is playing. Next band was viking metalish band named Hammer Horde from right here in Toledo, Ohio...strange huh? They actually kicked ass and had a good time. Next band...not sure of their name, I'll have to look it up. They were more of a hardcore band, and kicked ass. Thhen to my confusion, Skeletonwitch came up next. I thought it was their headlining tour, but it apparently isn't. Either way they played a full set, and even playing a new song which kicked ass. I think it had "Resurrection" in it. It was funny because Chance said "I know it hasn't even been awhile since we played here" and I shout "November!" and he says "This man's got it" and say's, but we got someting new to play, so here's to this guy" and I was like aw shit this songs to me haha. Only complaints was that they didn't play longer...or give out setlists which were on the backs of posters...which weren't available at the show. I bought another Skeletonwitch tour shirt, which I was surprised they had. Then came up 3 Inches of Blood. They were really good, and I would probably say they were great if I knew any more songs than Goat Riders Horde and Deadly Sinners.
    image Photobucket
    Nice, once again I'll say that I wish so bad that the tour could have come around this area. Sounds awesome.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Skeletonwitch closed ours and he had a folk metal band open called winterhymn chuck I wonder if it is coincidence or planned
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I said the exact same thing in my review... <_> And yes, best live show I've ever seen, they put 110% into it, not only their performance, but just everything, the crowd interaction, stage presence, stage set-up, etc.
    Nothing ever beats Behemoth.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    I wonder, did Behemoth use pyro and all for big european shows?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GDW9MUO1Bg
    I think the guitar player kinda looks like ol' dorstein or however you spell his name.
    image Photobucket
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo

Went to day 2 of the NEMHF in Worcester at The Palladium yesterday. It was a long day, but there were a ton of awesome bands. Anyways, on to the review.

I got there a little after 12:30 and went upstairs to catch the band King Conquer. I've never heard of them, and they were absolute terrible wigger slam. No thanks. 2/10.

After them I went downstairs where a Worcester local band called Years Since the Storm was playing. They were just as bad as King Conquer, just bland, generic, irritating bree-bree deathcore. 2/10.

Next I watched Fit For an Autopsy on the main stage. Not too bad, but they didn't stand out as anything special to me. 5/10.

Upstairs at 1:30 was the first good band of the day, a hardcore band from New York called Born Low. I had heard of them before but never gave them a listen and they were really good, sounded very tight live. I'll definitely be checking them out soon. 7/10.

I stayed upstairs to watch The Greenery, and they were pretty good. I'd never listened to them before, but they were very energetic, and the set was fun. 7/10.

I went downstairs after The Greenery where The World We Knew should have been playing, but the main stage was a little bit behind schedule, so the atrocity that is Murder Death Kill was starting. I can't believe I actually watched their whole set, they were the definition of horrible bro wigger slam, just absolutely terrible. Worst band of the day, and one of the worst bands I've ever seen live. 0/10.

The World We Knew was next on the main stage and they were very fun. Short set, but it was my third time seeing them and they didn't disappoint. Not many people were watching them but those who were watching were into them. 8/10.

Grand Destroyer
    New Song
    Hellbound
    The Write Off
    To the Wolves

After TWWK I went upstairs where The Carrier was playing. This was my third time seeing them, and they are always decent live. The crowd was very much into them, lots of moshing and pileups. 7/10.

Partial Set/No Order:

Blind to What is Right
    No. 51
    Panicstricken
    Alcatraz

Up next on the upstairs stage was Death Ray Vision, with Brian Fair from Shadows Fall on vocals and some ex-members of Overcast on the instruments. They were cool, but the crowd wasn't really into them. The best way to describe their music in my opinion is hardcore with a rock influence. Not bad. 7/10.

After Death Ray Vision I left to get some food and relax, so I missed a good amount of bands. The next band I watched was at 5:30, which was Trapped Under Ice. They were ridiculous, my second favorite set of the night, and my second time seeing them.. The upstairs room was about 200 people over capacity, it was packed with no breathing room. Everyone was into it, with tons of pileups, stage diving, and moshing. 9/10.

Believe
    Soul Vice
    Half a Person
    See God
    Skeleton Heads
    TUI
    Outcast
    Street Lights
    Stay Cold

I had to leave the room to get a breath of fresh air before Terror, but it was a bad choice on my part. They stopped letting people in to see Terror because there were 800 people cramped in a 500 person-capacity room. I was mad at myself for leaving as I really wanted to see Terror. I'm sure their set was ridiculous.

After Terror, the upstairs room was done for the day, and for the rest of the night the bands would be on the main stage. I didn't watch Your Demise or Close Your Eyes as I have absolutely no interest in either of those bands.

At 7:20, Stick to Your Guns started and they were a ton of fun. This was my first time seeing them, and I wasn't disappointed. Crowd was really into it, and they played a good 30 minute set. 7.5/10.

Set is complete but possibly a little bit out of order towards the middle.

Faith in the Untamed
    Where the Sun Never Sleeps
    Enough is Enough
    Part of Me
    Amber
    We're What Separates the Heart From the Heartless
    Some Kind of Hope
    Impact
    This is More

After STYG was Winds of Plague, who I was pretty pumped for. Third time seeing them, and they were good once again. Not as good as the first two times I saw them as the crowd wasn't too into them (everyone was waiting for Blood For Blood), but it was still a fun set. 7.5/10.

Full set in order:

The Impaler
    One Body Too Many
    Drop the Match
    Decimate the Weak
    Angels of Debauchery
    Refined In the Fire
    Reloaded

Hardcore legends Blood For Blood were up next, and they were who everyone was there for. It was there first show in Massachusetts in a pretty long time, and their set was very much anticipated by the hardcore community here in MA. I don't listen to the band myself, but the show wasn't too bad coming from a non-fan. People were way into them as expected, but I took it easy during their set. 7/10.

This set is in order, I found a picture of it online:

Mother Dear
    Ain't Like You
    Dead End Street
    Eulogy For a Dream
    Tear Out My Eyes
    Revenge on Society
    Some Kind of Hate
    All Fucked Up
    Enemy
    Soulless
    Paper Gangster
    Piss
    Bitch Called Hope
    Wasted Youth Crew
    Going Down the Bar

Up next was the reason why I came, the reason why I paid 40 dollars for a ticket; Bury Your Dead with Mat Bruso, his first show with the band in 4 and a half years. The set was ridiculous and the crowd was awesome the whole set. I was going nuts, this was one of the best sets I've ever been a part of. The new drummer was a little bit sloppy, but I didn't care. Mat was on top of his game all night and the set was ridiculous. I didn't stay for Biohazard because of how late it was after Bury Your Dead, but I left extremely happy and satisfied. 10/10.

Full set, might be a little bit out of order in the middle.

Top Gun
    House of Straw
    Vanilla Sky
    Mission: Impossible
    Twelfth Stroke of Midnight
    Sunday's Best
    The Color of Money
    The Outsiders
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Magnolia
    Mosh N Roll

Yesterday was awesome, and I absolutely can't wait for next year!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I wish I was there :-( ...it sucks you missed Terror.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ill post a little day 3 NEHMF review tomm