Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    sounded like a SICK show Ape
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It's was very fun I took a video of deadly sinners but am not sure how to go about posting it
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    it on your phone?
    Yes sir
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    um... either try texting it to an email, and then uploading it or if you have a USB type charger, try plugging it in the comp in taking it from the phone.

if those dont work, i dunno. lol sorry :-(
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Don't tell me my business devil woman
    =D>
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    If someone wants to give me their email I'll try sending it to them to post
    edited April 2011
    Scion Metal Matinee featuring Magrudergrind, Mind Eraser, and Noisear

Free show. Grind it up. Wormrot was playing a show tonight in Chicago (18+ :( )so they were in attendance.

First off, there were a bunch of backpack wearing brofags, which was disappointing.

Noisear - Sick performance. Snare seemed a tad low in the mix. Guitar was amazing, and they did these awesome volume swell passages in two of the songs (one was Global Warning, didn't know the other) Vocals were brutal. Unfortunately the crowd sucked for them, but whatever.

Mind Eraser - Interesting, to say the least. The style these guys play is like a ridiculously sludgy grind. The songs would often abruptly switch between styles, making for a pretty cool listening experience. The bass tone was fucking disgusting (in a good way)

Magrudergrind - Holy mother of fuck. Insane performance, crushing tone, sick drums, vicious vocals. Everything you could want from a grind band. I've been wanting to see these guys for a while now and they did not disappoint. The band played for 20 minutes (although they were scheduled for 30). While I would've liked to have seen a longer set, the band has stated they don't like playing any longer of a set (totals underground, bro). The show ended with a bang. Reggie's has a strong policy against stagediving due to the concrete slanted floor, and pull crowdsufers/stagedivers out of the venue. During the last song, people were just jumping and diving and etc and security tried to stop them, but the crowd rushed them and kept going. Security couldn't do shit. It was a pretty awesome thing to see.

I got a Magrudergrind shirt and CD. Both were 10 bucks each. I also got a cream soda next door again, this time for $1.09. Fucking inflation.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited April 2011
    Backpack wearing brofags at a grindcore show lol.
    Backpack wearing brofags at a grindcore show lol.
    Free shows bring out weird crowds.
    On a side note, what is in their backpacks? Protein shakes?
    haha idk but it would of been cool to see Magrudergrind those guys are killer.
    Fuck yeah man. 20 minutes of brutal.
    Damn how many songs did they play in 20 min. Like a whole album.
    Like 12-15 songs

They were scheduled to play til 6:45 but ended at 33. Could've fit in like 10 more haha.
    That's awesome if i lived up in chicago i would hit up all these awesome shows.
    How far are you from the city?
    2 hours from where mayhem is held and 3 from the city.
    Ouch. I live 45 from Tinley and 30-50 from the city (depending on what venue it is)

Reggie's is probably the closest. If traffic sucks it takes an hour to get there.
    Once i get a another job i am going to try to make more shows up there.