Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Cool man. It'd be fun to hang out at a show sometime.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Yeah it would i need to go to the house of blues out there. i still haven't been to it.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    House Of Blues is aight. My favorite venue is Reggie's though. They get most of the good tours.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Went to a local show in a basement tonight. Really interesting setting. Broken down house with holes in the wall, basement had the insulation falling out. Anyway, 50 metalheads packed in a basement, hair flying, booze everywhere, smoking whatever came their way...

We got there kind of late, so we missed the first band, but got there just as the second band was going on.

Astaroth-Black metal 3 piece, girl drummer...very very young. Corpse paint and all. For being so young, they were really good. Ended with a Marduk cover.

Went upstairs afterwards, basically had the singer of this one band Gorematory latched to my arm, strangely. Guy was wasted. Cute, but totally GONE. He actually tackled me at the end of the show yelling "I need to get laid!!" Hah!

Anyway, Hollenlarm, went on. Band from Philly. Kind of technical. Really good.

Mortum-aka black metal car chase music. I knew I was in for something interesting when they put a real pig's head on one of the mic stands. Best band of the night. Really insane. Giant pit (as big as one can be in a basement). Only complaint, too much feedback.

Cops came so the last band, Drudgery couldn't play. :(

Definitely going to be going to more basement shows. Fun shit. \m/
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Went to a local show in a basement tonight. Really interesting setting. Broken down house with holes in the wall, basement had the insulation falling out. Anyway, 50 metalheads packed in a basement, hair flying, booze everywhere, smoking whatever came their way...

We got there kind of late, so we missed the first band, but got there just as the second band was going on.

Astaroth-Black metal 3 piece, girl drummer...very very young. Corpse paint and all. For being so young, they were really good. Ended with a Marduk cover.

Went upstairs afterwards, basically had the singer of this one band Gorematory latched to my arm, strangely. Guy was wasted. Cute, but totally GONE. He actually tackled me at the end of the show yelling "I need to get laid!!" Hah!

Mortum-aka black metal car chase music. I knew I was in for something interesting when they put a real pig's head on one of the mic stands. Best band of the night. Really insane. Giant pit (as big as one can be in a basement). Only complaint, too much feedback.

:-? always knew britt had a thing for guys in a band
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy

stupid cops...

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

stupid cops...

<_>

Really? What gave that away? :-))

stupid cops...

At least we didn't get arrested.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    The guy that tackled me last night...is the singer in this band. :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBg2mYFi9Ls&amp;feature=related
    The guy that tackled me last night...is the singer in this band. :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBg2mYFi9Ls&amp;feature=related
    britt's gonna take him to the smush room D:
    O:)
    edited April 2011
    :-bd B-)
    Video from last night. I'm right behind the bass player, but you can't tell because it's soooo fucking dark.

Mortum-Stain Me In Blood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk1G9CYMSBU
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Gamechangers (ADTR/BMTH/PTV/WCAR) @ Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ

Very cool show. I won tickets to the sold out show, which was a lifesaver because people were charging up to $110 for a ticket after it sold out.

We Came As Romans - Very meh. The synth bugged me, but the screaming vocalist was alright. 4/10

Pierce the Veil - The only band on the tour that I'd actually seen before. Wasn't a fan. 3/10

Bring Me The Horizon - I actually had a lot of fun during their set... even though they didn't play Pray For Plagues. So the only words I knew during their whole set were "I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times, that I'm ok, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind!", "It never ends! It never ends!", and "This is an Anthem, so fucking sing." Still a very energetic set. I was impressed. 7/10

A Day To Remember - Fucking awesome. They had everything... confetti, smoke, balloons, toilet paper, and a giant inflatable ball that Jeremy went around the crowd in. I almost lost my voice yelling all the words to All I want, All Signs Point To Lauderdale, Sticks and Bricks, IMOWLWAYMO, Monument, You Be Tails, The Danger In Starting A Fire, The Downfall of Us All, and A Plot To Bomb The Panhandle. Caught a logo'd pick from Kevin, got another one from Neil, and then got a drumstick. Fucking sweeeeet. 11/10
    I love winning with women
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Several pics coming up in a sec...
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'd see BMTH. The first album is good.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    O_O
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Yeah, I trolled everyone hard