Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was surprised to see them playing on 7 and 8 string guitars

I always thought they just tuned to C
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited March 2010
    3-31-10 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore - Stone Temple Pilots

I got to the venue at about 8 pm, an hour after doors. I quickly worked my way towards the rail, and stayed in that area the whole show when possible.

Fairchild - Local band, they were already playing when I arrived. They weren't bad, but after a while, they got boring and I was ready to move on. You be the judge. 5/10 http://www.myspace.com/fairchildrock

Stone Temple Pilots - For the first time since I started going to concerts, I felt as much fear as I did excitement leading up to seeing this band. If I were to use one word to describe this band, it would be volatile. I suppose that's not accurate. By the band, I mean Scott Weiland. He determines whether it's a great performance or a train wreck. Sure enough, during their opening song, Vasoline, Scott was about a half beat ahead for about one verse and chorus. I thought to myself, "This is going to be a disaster." But, thankfully, they pulled it back in sync by the solo. The rest of the show was great. Scott acted like he was on something, yet his voice sounds amazing. He was pretty much pitch-perfect and even stretched his range a bit on some of the songs with lower choruses. The DeLeos and Eric were on their game as they always are (Rob is one of my favorite bassists), and the four new songs, for what it's worth, sounded solid. I can't wait to hear the studio versions. The crowd was into it all night, despite the fact that I'd say the average age was a little older than shows I usually attend. They went insane for Plush, as well as much of the second half of the set. I picked up a STP shirt on my way out, no longer having to worry about having to see these guys. Hopefully they stay together long enough to come back, and if they do schedule a show in your area, take the chance on them and go. It's worth the risk. 9.5/10

Vasoline
    Crackerman
    Wicked Garden
    Hollywood Bitch
    Between the Lines (new song)
    Hickory Dichotomy (new song)
    Big Empty
    Sour Girl
    Creep
    Plush
    Interstate Love Song
    Bagman (new song)
    Huckleberry Crumble (new song)
    Sex Type Thing
    Dead and Bloated
    Lounge Fly

Piece Of Pie
    Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    DROWNING POOL (Free show)
    Tempe Marketplace 4/2/10

With or without Dave Williams, Drowning Pool has been one of my favorite bands since 5th grade. McCombs is nowhere near the vocalist Dave was, but still. Anyways, for a free show, this was actually pretty badass.

DIGITAL SUMMER: See my previous review of them. No change, save an extra song or two.

BURN HALO: Would not see them again unless they were opening for a band I really wanted to see. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this band, it consists of

An Elvis impersonator
    An emo haired Asian
    A swing kid
    An Indie dressed kid
    and a guy with punk hair.

On top of this, their music blows.

DROWNING POOL: Also see my previous review of them. Badass performance, and I got a signature glow-in-the-dark pick from the guitarist. Not bad for a free show at all!
    I love winning with women
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Vaera[sp?]
    Enter Shikari
    Silverstein
    August Burns Red
    A Day To Remember

sick shit bro.
    got lost going there. as i do with all shows for some reason
    they actually played a lot of songs that they never play including "If It Means A Lot To You"
    loved it <3
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    ^ Seeing that tour in May, can't friggin wait.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    How is ABR live bianca? I'm thinking about going just to see them.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i wish i had gotten a picture of the crowd for ABR because not one person was standing still
    they did a really good job
    imageimage
    You just made me want to go just off that. Yeah their music doesn't really allow for standing around
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I wish I could go see them
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    ABR is great live. I wanted to go to this show, but it had sold out like 3 weeks in advance
    yesyes this show was sold out so fast
    jersey loves ADTR
    theyre such funny dudes :)
    imageimage
    Abr is the only band I care to see. I don't like a day to remember. I've seen Silverstein probably 3 times they are fun live but nothing special on cd
    mmmm theyre drummer <3
    i dont even know his name haha
    but to be honest even if you dont like ADTR you cant deny they put on a great show and have really good stage presence. they got the crowd going crazy
    imageimage
    I've never seen them so I cannot confirm or deny
    well you should!
    ima see if anyone posted a video from the show on youtube
    imageimage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR6zqac3TH8

intro. funny shit

uhm but there are a lot more if you search "adtr sayerville"
    imageimage
    Do you know if abr played suburbia in ruins?
    I can't watch whatever you posted on my phone I will just have to search you tube
    ABR did some songs like immediately right after each other so they didnt like announce all the titles so im not sure
    imageimage