Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    omfg xD
    jeremy looks so young
    imageimage
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    seeing the adtr show too in may, hopefully.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    ur gonna piss from excitement :)
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2010
    KILLFEST. 4/10/10 Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Rave.

I'm too tired to write a review, but I'll do it anyways.

To start off, I got there laste and missed Lazarus A.D. (Again >_<) Woe Of Tyrants, and Evile. :( Whatever though.

Also, the sound was horrible, because it was pushed to the basement bar, because faggot ass H.I.M. was playing the main venue upstairs. This also made it 10x louder and my ears are fucked right now.

Got there like 15 minutes before Warbringer started, hung with Roberto (Psicosis) for a few minutes, and got up close for Warbringer.

Warbringer: Been waiting over a year to finally see them, and Jesus fucking CHRIST was it worth it, amazing band, and one of the most energetic front men I've ever seen. He was wearing a giant cheese thing on his head for a while lolz. Didn't play At The Crack Of Doom though. :( Met John Kevill afterwords, badass dude, sadly didn't have my camera, and my phone was dead, so no picture. :( Anyways.....9.5/10, would be 10/10 if they played At The Crack Of Doom.

Now for the absolute best part of the night.

GOD DE-FUCKING-THRONED: Wow....just wow. Second best band I've ever seen live next to Behemoth, and after tonight, my second favorite band PERIOD. Every song absolutely destroyed and when they played Poison Fog, it was one of the best live moments I've experienced to date. Now the line "1917, I'm gasping for air." is stuck in my head lolz. I was front and center for them as well and stayed there for the rest of the night. Caught Henri Sattler's pick afterwords. He threw it directly at me, because I was literally the only one going batshit insane for them on the rail. I don't think many people knew their material. :/ Nonetheless, perfect live band, and best band on this tour hands down. BTW, For anyone that cares (Ahem, Shane lolz.) I met Henri afterwords and he said they're touring U.S. again in October, headlining. So I'll definitely be going to that. 11/10

LOL Moment of the night: I'm not sure who's Drum set it was, but God Dethroned and Vader shared a Drum set, and it had a SlipKnoT Joey Jordison Signature Snare. XD I found this so ironic.

Vader: Well I must say, they got fucked, roadies couldn't get the Guitars working, and Vader got like a 20 minute set. :/ That really pissed me off. Whatever, amazing band though. Piotr threw his pick at me, but I dropped it and someone else got it. FFFUUUUUU. 7/10

While roadies were setting up for Over Kill, one of 'em was checking the mics, and decided to have fun, any self respecting dude here knows that Green Bay fans hate the Vikings right? Well this is in Wisconsin, so he's like "Check check Brett Favre check." and they all started booing, and he went to the next one and was like "Check check Minnesota Vikings check." and everyone was getting pissed, it was fucking lolzy, I was sitting back laughing and throwing up my horns because I'm a Bears fan, so I found it hilarious to see Packers fans get pissed. >:)

edited April 2010
    Over Kill: These guys are legends for a reason, I don't know much of their material except Ironbound, their 2007 album (Forgot the title.) and a few of their old songs, which made it a bit of a bore to me, but they're a fucking amazing band, and Bobby Blitz is such a great frontman lol, best thing he said all night, when they were almost done, he said "Alright, we're gonna play one more song, but do me a favor and please don't eat the Emo kids coming out of the H.I.M. show on your way out, they starve themselves for 3 days, and there's so many toxins inside them from their stomachs deteriating." LMFAO. He kinda pissed me off though, kept leaving the stage and couldn't go 5 minutes without smoking, like really? Smoking a cigarrette while singing? >_> Also, funniest shit ever, during their set, this drunk/high/ COMPLETELY FUCKING OBLITERATED motherfucker was being obnoxious and shoved me as hard as he could and got up to the front, so the guy that was previously next to me looked at me and signaled to start pushing him back, so we both started pushing but couldn't get him to budge, so the 2 guys behind us noticed what was going on and got in on it, so 2 pulling, and 2 pushing, and we still couldn't get the fat fuck to move, so the guys behind us started slamming into him and headbutting him in the back of the head and finally knocked him down and threw him back, and then stomped the shit out of him when he was on the ground. Afterwords, we all congratulated each other and it was on with the show, however, fat boy comes back for round 2 like 20 minutes later, so this time all 4 of us lift him over the barrier and he slammed his head on the steel bar and was just laying on the ground over the barrier for like 5 minutes 'til security lifted him up and kicked him out. GREAT SUCCESS. At the end, fucking Bobby stage dived, which was badass. Got their Bassist's pick. 8/10

As far as merch, I got a Warbringer shirt that says TOTAL FUCKING WAR! on the back. FUCK. YES.

And a God Dethroned shirt that has the Passiondale cover on the front and "We Died In Hell....They Called It Passchendaele." On the back. No tour date shirts, HOWEVER, this God Dethroned shirt is special because Henri Sattler himself sold it to me and gave it to me $10 off. FUCK YES.

Overall, absolutely perfect night, and, just as I expected it to be, one of the best shows of the year, and one of the best ones I've ever been to period. Definitely in the Top 5 that I've ever seen, just like Kreator last month was.
    Post edited by Episode on
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    All I have to say is

Sham... WOW.
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2010
    Yeah SOOOO tired.
    Sounds like a great time and all, but how could it be perfect if you missed Lazarus, Evile, and Woe of Tyrants? Thats half the show
    image Photobucket
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    sounds like an awesome show
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    heres my quick Killfest review

Evile 7/10
    Great energy, great performance, and pits were awesome

Warbringer 7/10
    Frontman has a great stage presence and knows how to get a crowd going and pits were awesome

God Dethroned 10/10
    Favorite band of the night, played a few of my favorite songs, Henri Sattler and Henk Zinger are two of the nicest guys I've met, I bought three GD albums and they gave me a free t-shirt because of it and they love meeting fans, I'm def. going to their upcoming headlining tour

Vader 8/10
    Like Erik said, their set was a bit short and their guitars were a little fucked up but it was still great to see them, I cant wait to see them again

Overkill 10/10
    One of the greatest bands in the world because of this very reason, I was listening to a live album from the 80's and then i went to this show and they sopund EXACTLY the same. Overkill does not change. Bobby Blitz is truly the best vocalist I've ever seen live. If you ever get the chance to see Overkill, do it!

Merch I bought:
    Vader logo t-shirt $20
    God Dethroned Passiondale t-shirt $25 but I got mine for free =D
    Bloody Blasphemy CD $15
    Ravenous CD $15
    Passiondale CD $15
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "Sounds like a great time and all, but how could it be perfect if you missed Lazarus, Evile, and Woe of Tyrants? Thats half the show"

This. And if Vader had sound problems, and Overkill was a "bore" (*facepalm*), there is no way it could be perfect.

At least you had a good time though.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    oh I forgot to mention, Lazarus A.D. didnt make it
    I bought a copy of Enter The Grave Deluxe and Matt Drake was selling the merch so he signed it for me. Way worth 20 bucks.

CD
    DVD (Thats 2 hours long with live footage etc)
    Evile Pick
    Enter The Grave Patch
    Cover personally signed by Matt Drake at the show

OHH YEAAAAAH
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    erik, you kind of got referenced on metalsetlists.com
    Unfortunately, there was some drunk asshole by me pushing people off the rail, so a couple awesome people threw him down and stomped on him. He was carried off and it was badass. He came back and this time they just threw him over the rail, and when he walked away, he was so drunk he accidentally walked up the stage instead of back into the crowd.
    edited April 2010
    lol I remeber that drunk asshole
    Lolz that's win Chewie. And Over Kill wasn't a bore Brian, they were amazing, just a bit boring at times because I didn't know the songs, but that's to be expected if you don't know a band's material, not Over Kill's fault at all. However, when they played songs I know and love, like Ironbound and Bring Me The Night, they played with absolute precision and they were fucking mindblowing.
    Ok, sorry.

Yeah, they had a great show.
    I'm sorry but Erik, your hair is the funniest looking shit I've ever seen, it's like an emover/afro thingy lmao!!
    Lawl.