Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    ^^WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????/

i would have been fucking pissed off.
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    thats fucked up
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah. But I got to meet Matt so it was coolio.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    yea he was messin around on his mac at the merch booth
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "Woe Of Tyrants San Francisco, CA at the Grand Ballroom tonight, SOLD OUT! Get there early and catch our set!"

Lol, not true.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    Just got home from the Cattle Decapitation show

Awesome show, a few local deathcore bands opened and they ware good

Gaza-Band was really late and ended up only playing 3 songs, but they gave an amazing performance. Just a little dissapointing on how late they were, thats what ruined Cattle Decapitation's setlist. 6/10

Cattle Decapitation-One of the coolest death metal bands I've seen. Travis Ryan is seriously one of the best vocalist I've ever seen live. He makes those awesome faces when he screams. I never realized that he's the one who makes all those crazy animal noises before a song starts lol. Their set lasted only about 40 minutes because of how late Gaza was, but for anyone who's going to the JFAC tour be expecting quite a show from Cattle Decapitation. 10/10

Stuff I bought:
    Homovore EP - $15
    Human Jerky EP - $15
    Poster - $5
    T shirt - $15

I Decapitate
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Went to New England Hardcore and Metal Fest Last night. Here is my pathetic review lol:

Well i drank way to much so i dont remember much of the show, so i can only really review Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse.

Amon Amarth: These guys were phenominal, theyre show as alive and everbody was into it. I was front middle a few rows back. The guys were real cool and seemed like they were having a good time. They played a few songs i knew. Overall 9.5/10

Cannibal Corpse: I love seeing these guys. The pits werent as brootal as last time i saw them, theyre werent that many people on the floor. The people werent as into it as when i saw them before so it took all little bit away from the show. played a good set though and i got fucked up, my eye and leg were squirtin blood by the way out, which is the only way to leave a cc show lol overall 9/10

Im glad i went to this instead of killfest. sucks that all the hot girls at concerts now are all little 15 year old whitechapel fans ............
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    just got back from the Allman Brothers set at the Jazz Festival, and it was such a great experience. Their one of my dads favorite bands and to watch them with him was awesome. Here's the setlist for those who care.

Don’t Want You No More
    It’s Not My Cross To Bear
    Ain’t Wastin’ Tme No More
    Leave My Blues At Home
    Hot’Lanta
    The Sky Is Crying w/ Johnny Winter
    Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
    No One To Run With
    And It Stoned Me w/ John Bell
    Good Morning Little Schoolgirl w/ Danny Louis
    Dreams w/ Dave Schools
    In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
    JaMaBuBu
    Whipping Post

Encore:

Midnight Rider
    Mountain Jam
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited April 2010
    just got back from new york. tired as fuck so i'll make it quick. Amon Amarth + Eluveitite = best show i have ever been to hands down. gotta get some sleep.. driving to VA in few hours to see amon amarth again. sore as hell from the pits
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    And It Stoned Me w/ John Bell
    The Sky Is Crying w/ Johnny Winter

Nice, that sounded like a good show.........
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip

chewy 11:39 pm
    (11:39:27 PM): Also if u got access from the board, in the concert review thread, say that chewy gave amon a 11 out of 10
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    lol. thats right, i pulled an Erik, this show was an 11/10
    My review as posted on metalsetlists
    Man what a fucking night. Prob outside of Holy Grail, which weren't my thing, this was prob one of the best shows ive ever been too.
    First up was Cab Ride Home. now i know alot of people give local bands shit, but i really think if these guys keep at it, and don't fuck around, i can very easily see them get signed to someone like metal blade or nuc blast, as they have an old school thrash sound. Dan the singer got up in everyone's face and we all sang along. During One Last Round, he took my lighter and healed it up for the open, as its about doing a round for someone that you lost. Then for Drunk on Arival, he got everyone that was in a local band up on stage to rock out

second was Holy Grail, wasn't a real big fan of theirs. They're kind of like a mix between priest and maiden but for some reason i just couldn't get into them

Next up was the Mighty Tyr. They apparently got to the venue about 15 or 20 min before sound check, so they ended up borrowing equipment and what not from Holy Grail. And also, since they were late, they had to cut down their set
    Unknown
    Hold The Heathen Hammers High
    Sinklars Visa
    Hail To the Hammer
    By The Sword In My Hand

with banter, it was a little under 30 min long, for being late, they sounded great and very tight. Here's some vid i took of Sinklars Visa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0YhSfZe-gA

And finally, Amon Fucking Amarth. Wow is all i can say to describe these guys. I have to hand it to jaxx and the sound guys, as they sounded as flawless as can possibly be. Johann Hegg is an amazing death metal vocalist, and it showed
    Their setlist was the same
    And this pic is just pure fucking WIN
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It should be a mayhemforums meme that no matter the quality of the show, it's always an 11/10.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    never speak of meme, when creating a meme
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    lol and despite being a little blurry, i still think thats the best concert pic i've ever taken
    edited April 2010
    someone i met while in line (and was also at hethenfest in nov, pure win. Although the security made him put it back in his car
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I can't wait to go see AA on Thursday...alas, I'm going by myself.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i got a ton of pics and video from the show, gonna be a while before i get to get through them all. no mention of meeting us chew? i see how it is <_>
    lol, sorry bout that,haha, i was fuckin tired man. Also ur girl is a trooper for being able to hang on the rail especially during amon with that brutal push forward
    i don't know if i should laugh at this or not, but one of my subscribers actually asked "who's tyr" in my comments section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0YhSfZe-gA